Factory Warranty $7k for 12 months | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Factory Warranty $7k for 12 months

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by msgm1, Apr 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    i think 2k a year is fine but on a porsche id let it ride - arent those things supposed to be bullet proof!

SAFE4NOW and otakki like this.
  2. msgm1

msgm1 Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    NYC
    Yeah so far so good, but I'm thinking about the next 4 years and 50k, surprised its not more considering the car is already 6 years
    old and close to 70k

3. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Yeh whats 2k a year. Might as well so it. @ 6500 a year i self insure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

otakki likes this.
  4. msgm1

msgm1 Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    NYC
    My thoughts exactly forth 911, which is my daily.

I was going to put the $6500 warranty on my FF, but as I only drive it a bit during the summer, the self insurance route probably makes sense.

TT how many miles is on your FF now? have you had any issues?

5. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Just crossed 30k mils. I put a thread in ff section detailing my entire ownership history

6. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Certainly reasonable, but with Porsche's reliabiIity, it probably should be even cheaper.;) I was quite impressed last year when I read that Porsche is willing to stand behind and warranty their cars ove 100K miles. Yeah, I wish Ferrari would do the same for $2K/yr and cover over 100K miles, but still not worthwhile at $6.5K/yr as mentioned. Likely Porshe is doing so because they know how reliable they are. Yup, we all know the cost of insurance/warranty is inverse proportional to reliability.

7. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I went two years extended on my ‘14 458. It cost me 10 grand and nothing happened. In essence...flushed 10k down the toilet. Lesson Learned. I will not be extending my ‘17 F12 warranty when it comes up. YMMV.

timjen88 likes this.
  8. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Price is set by FNA , there isn't that much profit "to negotiate". The money is supposed to come from the vehicle returning for repairs, or so they say. LOL

S

BTW:
    12cyl pricing from FNA before renewal discount or no claim in the previous year discounts:

$8,700.00 12 month warranty extension
    $13,200.00 24 month warranty extension

New Power Warranty Year to Year ( Years 5-7 )
    $5,760.00

Main Power Warranty ( Years 8 and longer ) Which is New Power Warranty with the next years annual service included
    $6,160.00

9. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    New Power Warranty MSRP is:
    $4,500 for V8
    $5.760 for V12

S

10. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    You have the option of extending the factory warranty either one or two years, before the 3 year expires

$8,700 One year
    $13,200 Two year

And if you get the warranty at the same time you have the 3rd year GMS ( Service ) done, I do not believe there is an inspection fee..

S

11. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know

It sounds like there is some information either getting mixed up or you are outright getting dis-information.

A Dealership can add 2 years of warranty ( New Power Warranty ) for the price of 1 at the time of sale. This is NOT an option " over the counter " from Service Department.

$4,500 would be the price for one year of New Power Warranty on a V8 ( If they were adding it at the time of sale , that would be the correct price 2 years for the price of 1 )
    not sure how that correlates with a v12 though.

$13,200 is MSRP for 2 year warranty extension for V12 ( You cannot buy 2 years of New Power Warranty at one time )

$6,160 is MSRP for Main Power Warranty FWIW...

If car is currently out of warranty , an inspection is absolutely required. If completed with an annual service is should be free... but that's just what I try to do.

S

12. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    If I may please ask , what exactly was quoted as $6,500.00 ?

S

13. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know

Dealerships may buy wholesale lots of various aftermarket warranties and resell them to owners. Most of those are 3rd party companies and not actually backed by the manufacturer.

Ferrari Dealerships do not. Ferrari offers these warranty options:

Warranty Extension
    New Power Warranty
    Main Power Warranty
    Main Power 15
    All of which are backed by Ferrari SpA / FNA

No deductibles either!

Ferrari Spa/NA offers the warranty to owners as a means to minimize the major repair cost. They also expect that if an owner HAS warranty they are more likely to keep coming back to the Dealer network. Also, a greater chance that their Ferrari will be kept up vs a non warranty repair that MAY get half assed repaired, if at all. ( Happens... )

Not saying there isn't a profit margin built in, but its not that large and with the built in renewal discounts and no repairs in the previous year discounts, its not too bad for what you get in coverage / piece of mind. ( If that's your thing )

Ferrari put the MSRP out there for all Dealerships to work off of, so I am not sure why so many different prices are out there.... shrug, it is what it is though.

S

14. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know

While the sales price is off what MSRP is , it is an actual special Ferrari has out there at this time. No idea when it will go away.

But it does add to the value of purchasing a Ferrari from a Ferrari Dealership vs Wholesaler.

S

15. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know

That's interesting , I was under the impression that unless it was outside influence, internal DCT repairs are covered under New Power Warranty..

S

16. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Didnt ask as at that price its irrelevant

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  17. The Red Baron

The Red Baron Formula 3

Jan 3, 2005
    Full Name:
    Warren
    I would expect any car made in the last 10 or even 20 years to last without breaking something at least 5 years minimum.
    Your not buying a cheap ripoff here but a well made car.
    The consumers guarantee in most countries should in itself cover the vehicle for some period.
    Heck my hair dryer is guaranteed for a year and its made in China.

18. msgm1

msgm1 Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    NYC
    hahahahaha, yeah but at least your hair dryer was made in China!

Our Ferrari's are made in Italy....remember Fix It Again Tony.....?

19. timjen88

timjen88 Karting

Aug 20, 2015
    Colorado/Palm Springs
    It's such a personal choice, I had a F430 for 3 years, didn't buy the warranty, no issues. My current FF for 2 years, no warranty, no issues. My choice is to self insure, hope for the best and pay the piper whenever/if that ever happens. I think it would stress me out more if I bought it, then worrying about what would or wouldn't be covered and the ensuing battle with the dealership and like ANOpax, just be angry. No right choice, if your car breaks and you have it homerun, if you don't buy it and the car doesn't break grand slam.

20. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    my undestanding is you can get 2 yr ferrari cpo if you buy from dealer but only 1 yr if you buy private.

regardless, my worry about an ff as a daily driver is not so much cost of repair but the time to repair. im hearing that dealer gives low priority to this type customer so between waiting for parts and repairs, a simple job can take several months despite being covered by warranty.

21. msgm1

msgm1 Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    NYC
    NO WAY! If your dealer treating you like that to get an FF repaired, then that would be very unusual indeed. Repair is a repair, no difference from the dealer point of view in repairing a FF or F12...never heard of such nonsense.

22. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    so you dont think ferrari dealer gives preference to their best customers when it comes to service? they sure do that when it comes to sales.

23. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    Lots of mis information yes

I did pay 4500$ for V12 2 year new power as per my invoice

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  24. msgm1

msgm1 Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    NYC
    Well I have not experienced that myself, I’ve bought most of my cars except one from FOLI and the service department there has been awesome. You are correct from a sales point of view the bigger customer you are the higher up the list you are for the new cars or special editions. However that is a much more finite resource than mechanics time time to fix a car I would think...

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  25. msgm1

msgm1 Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    NYC
    Plus I have never heard of anyone waiting several months to get any modern car fixed, I’m sure there is always the exception that proves the rule, but I’ve been dealing with the guys at FOLI for over 20 years now starting with a F355 up to my latest which was a 488 Spider, and all in all the cars have been extremely reliable with the odd electrical problem, but so far no engine or gearbox issue and never a break down... (I hope I didn’t just tempt fate)

Nospinzone likes this.