Ferrari 488 Pista | Page 73 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 488 Pista

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ilikefastcars1, Feb 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. xskier

xskier Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2013
    you are really anal to your Zeperfs...
    again what has an allignement to do with stock or not stock as long you not use other parts.
    This car didnt have the manthey hardware.
    My car has the manthey allignement and is considered bone stock by Porsche..
    Is this test not the first one same day same driver
    so pretty simular condition. Soon my Pista arrives and i can compare them back to back on track.

2. xskier

xskier Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2013
    have the oposit information. allignement was changed but not hardware of the suspension
    Maybee owner is on this board an can confirm

3. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Yes, no HW changes, just setups (sorry for the confusion, that's what I meant with "suspension and aero setups")

"Everyone who owns a GT2RS, needs to do the following.... Take the car to Manthey Racing and get the suspension setup / aero changes, brake upgrade and the Cup2 R tires!!! “IT IS A DIFFERENT CAR!” I can’t emphasis that enough! It has transformed the turn in, braking, stability to where it should be! It feels like I’m now driving a 2RS... the difference is massive! The back end is under control and the car is razor sharpe, I wish Porsche could have released it like this out of the box, it’s actually a lot safer!"

4. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    They should never have mentioned that Manthey performed an alignment on the 2RS. It confused everyone.

5. xskier

xskier Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2013
    Thanks for clairfication.
    Alignement = 100% stock car and 100% warrenty by porsche as no hardware change. By the way if you have factory delivery you can asked right away at Porsche for an allignement.
    Areo allignement by manthey means making the wing steeper, because factory set up is pretty flat.

On what the owner rights above, i disagree. I often track my gt2 Rs and as he comes from the factory, it is already superb. As long you are not a pro driver, you dont feel the manthey setup much. It doesnt change the car a lot. A lot of changes are coming from the cupr to the normal cup2.
    This is a major step, but in the other hand, the cup2 r are really just massiv a couple of laps, afterwars the performance goes down..

of2worlds likes this.
  6. xskier

xskier Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2013
    yes just if it is the fuel manthey setup with hardware changes.. witch this car doesnt have

7. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Zeperfs is just an aggregator. So yes, it is reliable, as it shows the data from all the tests. The Pista is quicker round most tracks.
    In most people's opinion, a stock car is as sold by the factory. Manthey tunes the car's suspension, whether you like it or not. A tune it not only about hardware. ECU tuning is all about software. Isn't that a tune?

8. xskier

xskier Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2013
    you really dont get it. If i have a suspension allignement from the factory done, according to you, the car is not bone stock, but it is 100% stock for porsche. So you know more than porsche...
    Why is porsche comsidering my car as bone stock with 100% warrenty, but manthey did the allingement.
    Do you know what an allignement is and what have to be done.
    It looks to me as you read to much car mag instead of driving your cars (if any) on tracks and get the most of it. What is your own experience on setup works.
    Again an allignement is no modification. Porsche Gt cars have suspension where allignement is as normal as putting the right tyre pressure
    You can do it yourself if you know what setup you have to do.

And no credit to Zeperfs. Different day different driver. the first head up same day same driver gt2 Rs vs Pista was in favor of the underpowered 2Rs. No excuses here

9. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Is this your line of argument? Do you really think that there is any petrolhead who doesn't know what a suspension alignment is?

I prefer to leave that to my mechanic. If you do know as much as you claim though, you would know that a suspension tune makes a huge difference in laptimes. The reason that the factory errs towards a friendlier set up is the safety of their clients on the road.

That French magazine, the name of which eludes me at the moment, timed them on the same day. The Pista was MUCH quicker!!!

10. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    I suspect it has more to do with avoiding premature tire wear.

11. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Not really. I know this from inside information (not Ferrari).

12. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    2 things i dont get from this. i watched video and pista was 2 sec down from manthey rs. rs is the same package that set the ring record w suspension, aero, brakes along w sc2r tires. but this video has pista less than 1 sec down. which is which? were there 2 rs, one stock and one manthey?

13. xskier

xskier Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2013
    Uh, in wich series are you performing, what results..
    Dont believe you one word, just copy and past
    from mags or internet and yes to your question i think you have no clue about alignmemt how other could be your understanding that a setup change by adjustment of the stock internals (no modification and changing parts) of a car, leave
    that very same car in stock condition

(by this argumentation every Fiorano lap time set by a Ferrari streetcar is not a stock car, as the alignment is done for this one track to get the fastest lap time and the alignment is not the same when leaving the factory for a customer car..)

or is adjusting the tyre pressure for track use also a modification from a stock car

I garantie you if you would seriosly tracking or racing (your cars if you have any) or in a serie you could easily make your own allingment, given you have acces to a lift, a 4 point weight scale and some tools, some experience and willing to spent some time..

still my question is open, why is a manthey suspension alignment consideret by Porsche a 100% stock, but not by for you.

14. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    I know that spelling and grammar no longer carry much weight in the texting era. Still, that was literally painful to read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Napoli and nads like this.
  15. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Painful to comprehend too...

16. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    maybe English is a second language....:cool:

17. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Maybe, but we all have access to spellcheck, Google Translate, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

of2worlds likes this.
  18. xskier

xskier Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2013
    It is my 4 language, after german, french, italien.

but even if my gramer its not perfect, my understanding of what a stock car is is perfectly.

Gh21631, of2worlds and markcs like this.
  19. markcs

markcs Karting

Oct 23, 2016
    No one brave enough to answer in German French or Italian !!!?????

20. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #1820 Shadowfax, Apr 28, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    I found him easy enough to understand and I don't speak german french or italian....wish I could though!

I think Realzeus is just being a bit overly passionate and, overly protective of the "beloved Ferrari" !! He just needs to open his mind up and accept the cold harsh reality the 2rs is a formidable and, worthy foe even "bone stock" lol!

of2worlds and xskier like this.
  21. markcs

markcs Karting

Oct 23, 2016
    Exactly
    Not a spelling Bee
    If I could afford a Pista and a Gt2rs I would
    Own both
    I would be as Valentino Rossi says
    “Imaverryappy”

of2worlds and Shadowfax like this.
  22. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Lol but so true! I can see valentino having a little chat with realzeus... to explain the situation in laymans terms.

23. markcs

markcs Karting

Oct 23, 2016
    In 4 weeks you should be able to give us an honest opinion of both cars
    Gonna be hard to decide which one to take out the garage on a nice sunny day though?

24. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Maybe longer than 4 weeks looking at the unchanging generic white body shell pic... Was expecting it to be fully built by now with finished pic!! Looking at your pic the other day i thought maybe they gave mine to you and left me swinging in the breeze.

of2worlds likes this.
  25. markcs

markcs Karting

Oct 23, 2016
    My car was in the Suez Canal when I got the final pic

of2worlds likes this.