Realistic Wait Time or a Newly Ordered Portofino | FerrariChat

Realistic Wait Time or a Newly Ordered Portofino

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by TheBigDot, Apr 27, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheBigDot

TheBigDot Karting

Apr 27, 2019
    Full Name:
    Michael
    After previously owning a 458 and a 430 spider, both which I purchased as low mileage pre owned vehicles, I decided to purchase a new Portofino. I would have been fine going down the route of another pre owned car, but there is very limited availability matching the specs I am interested in. Earlier today I firmed up an order with my local dealer (they are a high volume dealer and get good allocations).

I am curious about realistic timing for delivery. My dealer tells me the order will be given one of their confirmed allocations, and I could expect the car within six months if not sooner. I spec’d the car with common options, nothing outside the existing spec list for a 2020 vehicle (i.e. no exclusive customization).

Reading other experiences, it seems delays are inevitable. So I am curious, what experiences have people had between when they were promised delivery and when actually delivery occurred?

2. JJ97

JJ97 Karting

Apr 1, 2012
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Joe Nocera
    I wrote my first deposit check around May 24 last year. My car showed up in Chicago Dec 24 and I told delivery on Jan 2. The summer plant shutdown can really impact orders as well during this time of year. If you timed it just after summer shutdown you might be able to cut several weeks out.

3. mlcor

mlcor Karting

Jul 21, 2018
    Depends on if you're going to order a standard color or not, too. I originally ordered the launch color in August of last year, and basically nothing happened. I switched to Rosso Fiorano in January, and the car is still sitting in the production line (stage 40 last I heard). I'll be lucky to have it by the end of June, and my dealer doesn't have allocation issues, it's all factory delays. But if I had ordered a standard color, I'd have it by now.

4. TheBigDot

TheBigDot Karting

Apr 27, 2019
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I am ordering a standard color for sure, I read your prior post on the issue before I ordered.

5. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray
    My order went in October 25th in Modis and delivered March 25th to the date. I'm in NJ. I was told that if took the Sept slot it would have been here end of January.

6. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Mine went in Modis in October and it is at stage 90. Waiting for a boat to the US.

FerrariTexas likes this.