FORMULA 1 SOCAR AZERBAIJAN GRAND PRIX 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 15 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 SOCAR AZERBAIJAN GRAND PRIX 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Apr 27, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    taped the race and just finished watching.

whoever runs the strategy at ferrari is just a moron.

vettel continues to disappoint.

Mbutner, daytona355, crinoid and 3 others like this.
  2. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Yep, but people have to stop blaming Mercedes for the failures of the Scuderia.
    Compared to Ferrari, Mercedes looks like a well oiled machine, always ready to benefit from Ferrari's mistakes.

Still, there is hope: the next GP is in Barcelona, where Ferrari won the "Winter Championship" (to paraphrase Ron Dennis) when some people thought that Mercedes was already beaten !

Surfah, Nuvolari, stavura and 5 others like this.
  3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I missed ahlf the race due to F1TV being totally inept, but was shcoked to see when it finally was back on Leclerc was losing so much time. How can they let that happen? As soon as he was starting to slow significantly, put him on the other tire....they could've put him on hard even if the soft tyre was that ****!

How can we have a relative rookie already questioning the senior strategists, begging to come in for tyres....and still having to wait multiple laps for it to happen?!

Ferrari will never win a title again until they get themselves in order. The team is a mess. Bahrain. I mean they ran their car in high engine mode most of practice for crying out loud. What's the bloody point?! Strategy mistakes (long ****ing list). But never blame the team...no. You'll be sacked before you can say Prost! ''oh we need to keep everything italian''. No you imbeciles. Hire the right people. I don't care if they're from Mars. Just hire some clever people. All that needs doing.

Ross Brawn & co got Ferrari into shape. An F1 car doesn't need just a good engine, or just a good chassis....it needs everything. And it all needs to run like clockwork. He did the same for Honda, but they pulled the plug when they got it right (it takes time). He bought the team and did the same. He then got hired by Mercedes....got it running like clockwork, and boom, they're unstoppable. Previously he did it at Benetton. It takes a couple of years to get it all right but when it's in the right shape, it's impossible to catch up.

Red Bull are the only team where everything runs quite smooth, except the engine department. Red Bull are the only team that stands a chance at challenging Mercedes in the coming years.

WPOZZZ, daytona355, stavura and 2 others like this.
  4. Jeronimo GTO

Jeronimo GTO Formula 3

May 15, 2010
    Seems like your prayers have been heard, Bas. I just bumped into these two distinguished fine young men at my local McDo willing and able to take on the job!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

TurboFreak650 and Bas like this.
  5. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    agreed my friends. who does run strategy at Ferrari?

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  6. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    hamilton on the podium with a do-rag on his head looks like a ****ing idiot.
    either he is trying to look like fiddy cents or a jr terrorist.
    what a ******

7. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Just watch the highlights package in future :oops:

375+ likes this.
  8. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    my son (21) and i watch every race together.
    and i am not kidding you that our comments to each other are usually about 30-120 seconds before the tv commentators and exactly the same as what they are saying. including today, around lap 24 when we were both screaming at the tv to have ferrari bring leclerc in for a new set of tires.

i am an f1 fan, but dont pretend to be any kind of strategy expert, and yet, i can consistently make better calls than the ferrari guy who gets paid to do this.
    not impressed.

DGS, sammysaber, stavura and 5 others like this.
  9. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I hear the same post-mortem after every race that Ferrari has lost through wrong strategy or mistake.
    With insight, I don't think Arrivabene's sacking and Binotto's promotion made much of a difference.

sammysaber and bmwracer like this.
  10. cig1

cig1 F1 Rookie

May 3, 2005
    In front of you
    Hey, it worked for Rosberg :rolleyes:

lagunacc likes this.
  11. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    I don't know what strategy you guys think would have brought Charles further to the front?
    Leclerc only chance would have been a safety car to get a stop for free. As it did not happen they needed to keep him out until the point were the softs would make it to the end. Looking how soon everyone was changing from the reds to the yellows in the beginning the estimated 25 laps by Pirelli looked way to optimistic so Ferrari was right when they said at that point the reds will not make it to the end.
    It is not Ferrari who screwed over Charles, it was him crashing in practice.
    And why Seb is again blamed is beyond me, I do not see what he did wrong, the Mercedes were simply faster.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

kes7u, DF1, daytona355 and 3 others like this.
  12. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1 the results thus far indicate that Ferrari is at best a 3rd place car.

Mbutner, Jakuzzi, daytona355 and 2 others like this.
  13. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    So far we've not been proving wrong.

quick car in testing 2010, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 and today. Championships and serious runs at a championship thrown away. Race wins thrown away. Solid results thrown away.

How many mistakes has Mercedes made over the years? Or Red Bull? Think can count on one hand for both teams, combined.

daytona355 and sammysaber like this.
  14. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Completely agree. Ferrari's strategy was to keep Leclerc in front as long as possible hoping for a safety car, which would let him change to softs while staying in the lead.

It was their only hope.

How sad for F1 when Merc has to tell its lead driver to slow down.

If you want to win you have to go slower --- UGH!

DF1, daytona355, fil and 1 other person like this.
  15. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    It is now time to be pessimistic about the rest of the season. The car is capable and so is one driver, but the team is not. Leclerc has shown that he is faster than Vettel. But the team should have put him on a two stop strategy and changed to the soft compound when everyone else had to go to medium. Instead they stayed with their one stop plan and were too timid to adapt when Mercedes started closing in. The strategy cost Leclerc the lead of the race that he had fought so hard for, and probably the win. Vettel is starting to drive like Kimi did...it is time he and the team acknowledge that he is the supporting driver. Another area of concern is whether or not Ferrari development will keep the car competitive. Their fix to the chassis worked today, but the other Ferrari powered teams were lack luster, being passed by Renault and Honda engines.

Its time for Haas to find new drivers...but first they have to decide if they are committed to being a front line team or is this just a rolling billboard for Haas Tools. Alfa Romeo has started to look as bad as their last F1 effort in the eighties. I think Red Bull is about to be the number 2 team in F1...with Ferrari falling to the number 3 team...and fighting just to hang onto that.

Not a great day for Ferrari fans.

DF1, jgonzalesm6, william and 2 others like this.
  16. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Have to agree this time that Ferrari didn't have many options for Lightning (Leclerc -> l'eclair) because of where he started. I was mulling over options but the results speak for themselves: 2 stops and 51 seconds down. Even if he stopped 30 laps earlier for a second set of the best performing M's and then mandatory S, and he gained 1 sec/lap, he'd have still finished 5th.

At least they went for the extra point.

Vettel did nothing wrong but I have the feeling that if Lightning started up front he'd have harried the Mercs more. But we'll never know because of his mistake in Q.

daytona355 and fil like this.
  17. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    If this was the strategy (and I agree it was their best hope), what did they do when the situation presented itself? LEC was leading with BOT closing from 12 seconds back to just over 1, when the yellow flag was shown in sector 1 for KYV and RIC as LEc approached pit in. If there was going to be a safety car, that was the best chance for it to happen and they did not pit him. They left him out for 3 or 4 more laps while he got passed by BOT, HAM and VET, then they pitted him and put him back out behind a Toro Rosso. “But the tires wouldn’t last”.......they didn’t have to anyway as they brought him in again for fresh reds. They didn’t even try to make the strategy that you say was their best chance work.

Jeronimo GTO and Bas like this.
  18. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Exactly that...as soon as that big gap started to come down, they should've pitted. Either for hards or softs. Make the softs last or pit later anyhow. Part and parcel of risky strategy. They had 5th guaranteed....so they went for 5th guaranteed? With better up for grabs?

sammysaber likes this.
  19. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Another snore-fest. Merc are killing the sport with their domination. Ferrari are killing the sport with their incompetence.

Mbutner, TheMayor, daytona355 and 2 others like this.
  20. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    Super boring race , just as I predicted , total domination by MB . If this keeps up , not worth watching F1 for the rest of the season

Nortonious and Bas like this.
  21. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    I have lived through Tyrell, Ferrari, Lotus, McLaren, Brabham, Williams, McLaren (again), Ferrari (again), Red Bull and Mercedes domination. You will too.... it is the nature of F1. It you like unpredictable close racing then spec series, NASCAR and others might appeal.

Nuvolari and william like this.
  22. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Mercedes really is killing the sport. At this point who gives a **** which Mercedes wins?
    You were correct. I anticipated more of the antics from practice and qualifying. With the exception of Ricciardo and Kvyet nothing of consequence happened.

23. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    It's alright for you to favor your slower compatriot over Ferrari.
    But for Ferrari to run their race strategy around the slow guy is self defeating, laughable BS.

daytona355 and william like this.
  24. nsxrebel

nsxrebel Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    LOL.

I'm just waiting for Verstappen/Red Bull to get past Ferrari in the championship. Well maybe not LeClerc so much.

25. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Thecadster, nsxrebel, walnut and 16 others like this.