Help me decide on new wheels for F430 | FerrariChat

Help me decide on new wheels for F430

Discussion in '360/430' started by Roger65, Apr 27, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Roger65

Roger65 Rookie

Aug 25, 2014
    Hello all,

I am tentatively looking for new wheels for my f430 spider. I purchased a set of Hill 15mm spacers but when it came time I just couldn’t put spacers on the car. I know they are probably fine I just feel uncomfortable about doing it. I want a new set of wheels that fills the fender out better in width. I don’t care about the gap above and will not lower the car, I already scrape on my driveway.

So, here is what I want from a set of wheels.

1. Retain 19” diameter. Roads are awful around me and sidewalls are already thin enough.
    2. Silver in color, look similar to stock.
    3. Wider. Ideally 15mm, but 1/2 inch would be about 12.5mm so close enough
    4. Retain stock drive-ability, bonus points for being lighter and having better turn in.
    5. Which tires? Never track the car.

I have searched here and on Google to the point of making myself dizzy. I found lots of promising choices but can’t make up my mind. Help?

2. Flyingbrick242

Flyingbrick242 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2017
    Northern AZ.
    I understand your desire with filling the wheel well so do I....from my search it’s tuff to find wheels with my desired positive offset, I’m ok with the 15mm spacers for now so if you decide to unload them please keep me in mind..I have posted a wanted post for these spacers around one week ago..
    Good luck with your search.....!!!

3. Roger65

Roger65 Rookie

Aug 25, 2014
    Thanks for the offer, I may end up selling the spacers.

But right now I am just not 100% sure which direction I want to go. I may still end up using the spacers if I can’t find the wheels I want.

4. Buzios

Buzios Karting

Aug 5, 2018
    I’m happy with the wheels I added to mine. 19” all around, 8.5” wide for the front and 11” for the back. Just pick a reputable company (HRE, Brixton, ADV1) and go with forged monoblocks.

Also, I switched to the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S (huge difference vs OEM tires). 245 in the front, 295 in the back. No rubbing, no odometer issues, no ABS issues, all with much better traction and wheels looking flush with the car.

5. mathewr

mathewr F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Dec 7, 2011
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Wheel Guru
  6. Egan88

Egan88 Rookie

Apr 6, 2019
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Brendan
    @mathewr how much for the scud grey set?

7. Roger65

Roger65 Rookie

Aug 25, 2014
    #7 Roger65, Apr 28, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    @mathewr I am potentially interested in the Scud set. How much do you want for them? Do I get dibs since it’s my thread?

Edit: nevermind, I think I am going to go a little wider

@Buzios I assume no rubbing at that size? Did you have to roll fenders?

8. Tamahal

Tamahal Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2019
    Full Name:
    TAMAHAL
    LARRYH likes this.
  9. mathewr

mathewr F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Dec 7, 2011
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Wheel Guru
    Yes, you have first dibs.

The fronts are 8" wide so half an inch wider than the standard F430 wheels.

10. Roger65

Roger65 Rookie

Aug 25, 2014
    Thanks for the reply. If anyone else is interested in the Scud wheels go ahead, they aren’t quite what I’m looking for.

11. Buzios

Buzios Karting

Aug 5, 2018
    No rubbing whatsoever. And I didn’t roll the fenders.

12. Buzios

Buzios Karting

Aug 5, 2018
    By the way, obviously make sure you buy from a reputable wheel dealer so they can calculate wheel offset accordingly. You want to make sure they do the math properly to ensure it both avoids rubbing AND looks perfectly flush with the fenders.

13. PKIM

PKIM Karting

Jan 1, 2004
    Redlands
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Any update on this thread? I'm also looking for wheelset. What's the offset everyone has gone to, to get a flush mount? Anyone have connection to a wheel guy that does, hre, adv1, Avant garde, modulare at a good price?

14. dLad

dLad Rookie

Apr 27, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Danny
    I'm looking also, I'm thinking adv1 or hre....