FORMULA 1 SOCAR AZERBAIJAN GRAND PRIX 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 16 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 SOCAR AZERBAIJAN GRAND PRIX 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Apr 27, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Nonsense... I did not see any strategy that would have brought Leclerc to the front, what does this have to do with Vettel?
    Leclerc crashed in qualy and Leclerc did not manage his first set of tires... Gasley was on the same tires and when Leclerc was about to pit he was doing 1:47.3 laptimes, I think Gasley was about 1.5 sec faster at this time so he had managed the tires much better. Although I like Charles I do not think he had a great weekend and he has to look into the mirror rather than at the strategists this time.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

kes7u, daytona355 and Bas like this.
  2. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Apart from a relatively poor showing from Ferrari (as usually :( ) the news of the day is that once again the BEST DRIVER EVER managed to be beaten by his team mate driving the very same car ;)

3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I don't think Ferrari screwed Leclerc to help Vettel. No way can they pull that off.

Leclerc got screwed because Ferrari is incompetent.

4. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Made my day at least.

daytona355, TurboFreak650 and stavura like this.
  5. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    Porridge seems to be doing him the world of good. Maybe he should share some with Ferrari.
    Hopefully he stuffs Lewis up this season....... GO BOTTAS!!

DF1 and daytona355 like this.
  6. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Prediction - Merc concoct Bottas to win the WDC, its his turn this year.

Whoever is at SF calling the strategy should be investigated.........Jeez

7. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I believe even three had not been done before. Now with four this is record setting. Mercedes is trying to drive the point that not only can they make the best car but they are also better simply as an organization. I genuinely believe Ferrari can overturn this. HOWEVER they will not be able to do it with the same approach as they have been. They need new principals to operate by AND new brains to lead maximum point taking for the ENTIRE team. Ferrari have been operating so long as a one driver team they are showing themselves incapable of doing something basic for a race team which is to maximize BOTH cars of the team maximum results.

So if Arivabene is gone and we are doing worse. Then he wasn’t the problem as we all knew. What can they do now? They cannot afford to lose Binotto. They should have kept him consumed with the technical. Now they will risk losing him. They aren’t using his tech talents to their full with him managing the whole team. IMO. From the view of my sofa.

sammysaber, william, stavura and 4 others like this.
  8. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    The start certainly hasn't been good for us. Where has Bahrain's speed gone? I think there's osmething in the Control Electronics (that went wrong). There is no way that everyone has moved up that much and Ferrari apparently gone backwards. If the problem lies in the CE and they get it fixed in time, we stand half a chance.

crinoid likes this.
  9. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Should look at Toto's face that Merc isn't ''letting'' Bottas win anything...

spotja and sammysaber like this.
  10. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    lets wait and see!

11. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1

crinoid and Nortonious like this.
  12. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Work case, I've been collecting some vintage F1 season lately, including some reviews by Duke starting with 1980. I look back at the '90s especially as a modern golden age now. Back during the '90s, plenty of people pined for the '80s/'70s/'60s or even '50s, but whatever.

375+ likes this.
  13. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
  14. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    After about lap 11 was a good time for a snooze. :oops:

daytona355 likes this.
  15. root

root Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2012
    Bay Area, Ca
    #390 root, Apr 28, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    Too much overthinking "strategy" by team Ferrari. They need to watch a few hours of Wile e Coyote and Roadrunner to help them get off all the fancy intricate strategy and just frigin let their excellent drivers race their fine cars. Coyote's top speed is 35-43 mph, Roadrunner top speed is 20 mph yet Wile e Coyote never catches up to the Roadrunner because the moron keeps overthinking it instead of keeping it simple. Beep Beep!

nsxrebel and kandi like this.
  16. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Rosberg didn't need any luck, he just needed a fair shot and not being screwd by Toto, talent and inteligence did the rest and it was more than enough to trash elton....

nsxrebel, DF1, stavura and 1 other person like this.
  17. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I must say Seb looks like a defeated man already...Press has been trating him like garbage..(crap british media, and spanish ones that hate him because he screw alonso in the ass)...This and the fact that he now knows Charles is faster, is really taking a toll....i just don't see that fighting spirit in him anymore. But Ferrari problem is not the drivers, probably not even the car, they just need some decent folks runung the strategy, that's the biggest diference with mercedes.

william likes this.
  18. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Awwwww, cheerleaders must be crying in their Pom poms today after their goat was made to look like a little sheep by bottles, the eternal butler. If he’s so great, days like today wouldn’t happen. Shows, just a fast driver, in the fastest car, only racing his teammate, gets beat hahahahahahaha

Bas, Jakuzzi, nietoale1 and 1 other person like this.
  19. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Has they pitted on the same lap as Elton, they would have come out within 5-8 seconds of bottles, and an aggressive drive like he was able to show on new mediums would have at least pushed the mercs maybe into tyre issues

Bas likes this.
  20. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Total snooze fest. Waste of my two hours.

Strategists for Ferrari put all their eggs into a safety car.

As usual, the strategists waited too long to bring LeClerc in.

Very disappointing to see they have no one using their head in the pits.

Robb

Bas likes this.
  21. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    I decided not to pay per view a few days ago and the way this season is going I feel comfortable with that.
    Busy with life and F1 is now no longer a priority considering 2019 results.
    May go to a race later this spring, maybe ...

22. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

+1 - Driver of the day was Bottas not Charles as well. He lost on Saturday and the car was simply not fast enough to counter Mercedes.

23. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

After testing I think Ferrari were hoping to have that problem lol! :)

24. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Why is it that drivers relapse after they leave RedBull??

Seb and now we're seeing signs in DR.

Bas, Jeronimo GTO and Nortonious like this.
  25. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    Sometimes with Ferrari strategy I am wondering if it's going to attack Mercedes or to defend from RedBull? Because it fails in any case and we are losing points on both sides, unfortunately.