FORMULA 1 SOCAR AZERBAIJAN GRAND PRIX 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 19 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 SOCAR AZERBAIJAN GRAND PRIX 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Apr 27, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Puttana! :D

Makuono and Bas like this.
  2. Nsd991

Nsd991 Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2012
    Ricciardo thought Baku stood for Backup

3. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    In tennis it would have been "1. service" after missing the torpedo on the first attempt, but the second one was an ace

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

DF1 and Senna1994 like this.
  4. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I think you need to look up the definition on trashed, and take in account the vast experience in cars Ocon already had at this point vs Max's experience (which was none).

5. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Not surprising to me. The insiders I've spoken to (and that have no skin in the game i.e. allegiances) all tell me the same thing: Despicable character. Arrogant, spoiled little turd. That smile he showed after his clash with Verstappen in the garage, knowing he'd pissed off his once upon a time rival, shows it all to me. That was worth it to him.

He's genuinely a hateful ****.

6. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    So he's basicly like max :)...and they're both great drivers!

7. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Well I do think he has a chance but an upgrade to that car has to come and has to come quickly. Red Bull is quiet so far on whether a big package is coming to Barcelona or not.

If it wasn't for that pointless VSC yesterday he had a good shot at 3rd. He was reeling in the Ferrari at a rapid pace. Tyres didn't get in the window after it sadly, and I think the tyres for the Ferrari came down to a better temperature also. Red Bull/Honda made a nice step forward in Baku and in the race it looks like they can Challenge the Ferraris. On a track that on paper really suited the ferrari it's a concern for us, again. Big **** off straight for that engine and the car handled well.

8. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Max is somewhat divided by fans but not really inside the paddock. Max speaks his mind, he's not a snake like Ocon. Big difference.

bmwracer, stavura and william like this.
  9. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Success in the lower categories doesn't always bring result when a driver reaches F1.

To obtain a Superlicense; most rookies have won one championship or the other before getting into GPs and many stall as soon as they reach F1.

Bas likes this.
  10. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
    interesting, you describe Ocon the way everyone (except the dutchies) sees Max: Despicable character. Arrogant, spoiled little turd.

furoni likes this.
  11. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I'll take Max any day !!

He may be volatile, and has his moments, but he is a more genuine character than Ocon.

12. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I blame his father.

An apple never fall far from the tree, they say ...

Max didn't have a very stable family upbringing, I think, and Jos projected most of his ambitions on his son.

Now you have a recipe for a troubled character.

Bas likes this.
  13. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris

Hahahahaha!!! Yeah that’s it. I forget who was schooling me about my initial comment... “explaining” to me the come from behind passing that Ric does (as if passing comes from a different place)

I still pat myself on the back for that one. A rare quick and witty moment from yours truly. But that steering wheel pic takes the cakes.

14. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Max is upfront about it. Doesn't pretend to be mister nice guy. There's an awful lot of non-Dutch Max fans about.

william likes this.
  15. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Exactly.

Someone can be an ******* but be more liked than someone that pretends to be mr nice guy only to be a backstabbing snake behind the scenes. It's one of the reasons why people dislike Vettel (almost entirely down to Multi 21 and how he handled it and acted as if he didn't know about Multi 21...if he said ''**** you guys I took the win because I'm a racing driver'' people would've been far more understanding). Could name another driver right now but don't want to go down that route.

I can see why people do not like Max, as he is a bit of an *******. But he's upfront about it. I like that.

Finlander, william and bmwracer like this.
  16. Canuck550

Canuck550 Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2015
    Incognito
    Full Name:
    RJA
    Max and Leclerc are the future, stick Lando in a more competitive car and he is there too
    The front runners will have their hands full with these young guns, Its a young mans sport!

As far as Merc and Ferrari goes, it was interesting to see in later stages of the race, Vettel was closing ground on Hamiliton, then Toto turned up the Merc and it was see ya...as formerly mentioned the Mercs are well ahead more so then last season, pity.
    Nice to see the young kids do their thing in 3 different cars, F2 is paying dividends
    I rather enjoyed that race, best one this season, there needs to be high speed tracks like this to promote competition in F1

17. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Uh-oh, here comes Peter:eek:

william and Bas like this.
  18. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I remained a Vettel fan after it. As understood why he did what he did but found his excuse afterwards totally ********. But from a racing driver perspective that a few months before it won a title with just a few points to spare...take what you can when you can. I don't have an issue with the move as such more how he behaved after.

I can't remember if he needed it later that year but if he did moan about not being let through after that he got what he deserved, lol

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  19. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Ok, you asked for it
    I do not know why this old story is still that present, remember Rosberg/Hamilton gave a **** about team orders but this is not brought up in every second post. Or Max and Ricci driving in each other's ass... did not look like a great understanding of team requirements either. But Seb is cursed until the end of days...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Bas likes this.
  20. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales

Just a heads up Flavio. So this poster on Youtube get's UNCENSORED team radio clips. I asked the mods about this like a week ago due to UNCENSORED language team radio from this poster. Here's what I got from the mods.

IF UNCENSORED (profane) language is imbedded in the team radio message WE (FChatters) are to put a message something like this:

**************NSFW PROFANITY*****************NSFW PROFANITY********************

copy.

I don't know how he gets this but he's on my radar because no one else, so far, gets this stuff.

Have you listened to Vettels team radio during qualifying....talk about "debbie-downers" on both ends. Demoralized.

21. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas

Fchat of course is filled with snowflakes who can't take a swearword. Oh wait. It actually isn't but somehow we need protection from words. o_Oo_Oo_O:D

nsxrebel, Flavio_C and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  22. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Lol

I believe it's for the diehard FChatters that are at work and want to listen just to give 'em a heads up either not to play it over the Harmen Kardens or grab the Beats Studio headphones.

Bas likes this.
  23. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    [AMuS]

- Gasly's fuel flow rate: In the slipstream in qualifying the Honda engine was on the limiter, which in turn caused the fuel sensor to vibrate.

- Pirelli's Mario Isola: "The soft tyre was only used at the end of the third practice session, when the track was significantly better than at the beginning of the session. This has distorted the image to the detriment of the medium,"

- The main problem of the SOFT TYRES was their tendency to grain. The cool conditions ensured that the tread rubbed off extremely quickly. Thus, the grip advantage was short-lived.

- "We were hoping that things would get better with the warmer temperatures on Sunday. But then the drop came in the first stint but relatively fast, "said the Mercedes engineers. But nobody had to be afraid of an undercut.

- The medium tyres were consistent and fast, but they needed a lap to warm up. Therefore, Vettel could not endanger the Mercedes drivers with his earlier stop.

- Vettel: "We're already giving as much as we can. But we obviously have to work harder. Our car is not slow right now. But unfortunately Mercedes is really fast. You just have to respect that they are phenomenally good."

- Vettel: "And it seems somehow easier for them to always get everything out of the car and the tyres."

- Binotto: "Yes, There a now four double victories for Mercedes in four races. But the gap in pace is not as big as the timesheet shows. We were not miles away today either. And if you drive in clean air in the front, the advantage over the cars behind it is always great."

- Binotto warns about Barcelona updates: "Everyone will bring new aero packages that could shift the balance. We have already brought some new parts here in Baku, which also worked as planned. But we also have something in the sleeves. "

24. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Please stop it !!!

You make me start to like Max now !!!

Bas likes this.
  25. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    on a different subject.....

i was impressed with the mclarens. seems they are the 5th best team out there now, which is a helluva lot better than where they have been for years.

jgonzalesm6, william and 375+ like this.