Anyone in the market for a blue 328? :) | FerrariChat

Anyone in the market for a blue 328? :)

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Chiaro_Slag, Mar 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I have my eye on a few other cars... :)

2. wmnewland

wmnewland Karting

Aug 3, 2001
    Manhattan Beach, Cal
    Full Name:
    Newland, William
    Didn't you just finish making your car really nice?

3. 007

007 Guest

Feb 18, 2003
    Scottsdale&LasVegas
    Full Name:
    Brad
    Your 328 is perfect!! What else could you possibly want??

4. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Yea! But I was looking for a BLACK interior! LOL ;)

5. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Wow! I wish I could afford it. I'd snap it up in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, I can only come up with something 4 digits, not what your looking for. What are you interested in getting?

Sunny

6. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    No Problem! hehe

I bought the car in Oct 2003 for $39,500 and I'm into the car for $10-$11k for 30k service, clutch, interior work, misc parts, bumper scratch fixed, etc. Add another $6k for registration / sales tax / shipping and I'm into the car for close to $57k. I'm looking to get as close to $50k as possible for it - Not too bad for a 328 with full service, new clutch, and a perfect interior!

I bought the car to learn about F-cars as this was my first one. I never thought I would upgrade so soon, but what can I say, I'm impulsive! LOL

I like 355's, testarossas, 360's, and 348's (heck , who am I kidding, I like them all!!! - That is part of the problem). Not sure what I would get next - Depends on what I could find and at what price. I figure it will take a while to sell this car & that it is easier to sell this car before getting into another. If I don't sell it, I have no problem keeping it for several years. I'm not going to advertise it or anything - Just wanted to see anyone local would be interested. I'm thinking I can sell this, sell my jeep, and upgrade.

I just turned 30,000 miles on the car this past weekend.

7. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Ill buy it and pay you back over a period of...several years :) How does 30 dollars a week sound? Thats about my lowly income :)

8. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Sounds terrible! lol I need the $ to get something else! I love the 328 though... Maybe I just need to settle down - But I keep thinking, you only live once!

9. mbmike

mbmike Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Your car is AMAZING!

I'll trade you a nice 1996 Toyota 4Runner Limited for it! :D

10. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Jerry,

You have a fabulous car, but I know how you feel. I change cars like most people change underwear. I say I see a yellow F355/360 in your not too distant future ;)

11. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I have issues...

I am not the yellow kind of guy (too flashy for an accountant). :)

I am sticking with the blues or maybe red.

12. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Wow Jerry, it was a surprise to see this thread! I think your car is beautiful, but I see no problem with upgrading. My dad infacts wants to upgrade, just not soon, a couple of years. He is very happy with his 308. But we figure the next purchase would be a 512TR, or a 512M. Also I am hoping to get my first ferrari by age 25, I plan. I really like 355's...

Well Jerry, good luck, and I know you can't go wrong with anything you choose. You sould probably stick with blue though, its your signature...:)

-David

13. larz

larz Rookie

Feb 27, 2004
    Full Name:
    Lawrence
    I would be interested in looking at it. I will sendd you a PM/

14. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Maybe we sould bring up some pictures to honor it? :) But seriously, I do have some good pics of your 328 Jerry.

15. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    #15 Chiaro_Slag, Mar 3, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  16. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    MORE POWER!!

:)

17. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Come to Crystal Cove this Saturday!

18. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    lol

Can I buy your F40 with the proceeds?

19. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

You have no issues, it is perfectly normal. Yeah red would suit you, though too common. I did an accounting internship with the Finance Director of Braille Institue a few years ago, when I wanted to be a CPA, learned a lot.

By the way, beautiful house that is, where the F car pics are taken. Do you give private accounting/money saving tips to undergrad college kids who are going to law school? :)

20. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    #20 Chiaro_Slag, Mar 3, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thanks! That is Brian's house where the pics are taken - Here is mine in the background - This pic is right when the car got off the truck back in October.

Money tips - Buy property! Way better than renting once you consider the after tax mortgage interest deduction. The house appreciating is also a nice added bonus. :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    WOW stunning house!

I hear you on property. I guess I had some specific questions. Hmm when I am down for the summer, maybe I will bug you one day in person.

IN the meantime, good luck with the sale. F355 look great in red ;)

22. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    cool - what kind of questions do you have?

Make sure to bring the mini! :)

23. Sugars_328

Sugars_328 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Beautiful car.

:)

24. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Lol for answering questions, I will bring any car/motorbike you want me to bring. :D

Some specific questions about 401K and roth IRA. I am 21 now, and have substantial investments (for my age at least) currently in Vanguard and Fidelity. I have also been putting away in Roth IRA. I have no debts, no CC bills and no student loans. I am currently in my third year at UC Berkeley and applying to law school in the fall.

Also some general questions as to advice on sort of path to follow. Like if you had to do it all over again, what would you do different, and things like that. General life/money tips. My dad is a banker, but he is first generation immigrant, and small business owner currently, but does not understand the system fully. Thus I would want more advice than "put it under the mattress" :D

As far as real estate, while living here in Berkeley, I have noticed my friends parents bought them condo's and stuff so their rent money did not go to waste. I learned from that, and am contemplating buying a condo/apt while in law school. Just things like that.

*I am already thankful that you have read this so far*

Back to the beautiful for sale of the F car :)

25. Sugars_328

Sugars_328 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Sounds good - Why don't you make it down to Crystal Cove sometime & we can chat.