Pista allocation with premium price? | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Pista allocation with premium price?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by darrencsh, Jun 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Oligarch_NY

Oligarch_NY Karting

Apr 28, 2019
    NY
    no there is much better ways to move money than buy 48 cars a year

Grandmaster likes this.
  2. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    That’s getting after it. Well done. If I could, I would...

3. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Are the F12 and the 458 both Blue TDF with red interiors by any chance? Saw them a while ago on Instagram and they were for sale..both absolutely stunning. Congrats if they're now yours!

4. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #129 Shadowfax, Apr 29, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    If you turn your cars over every few months (like for like), at what mileage do you decide that it's time to move it on?

Whatever you're doing for a living I take my hat off to you - having a hobby where you can change cars at this level over every few months is dream material.

Ash Patel and of2worlds like this.
  5. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Not the person I am referring to. Self made and crushes it. Buying cars are a rounding error but he enjoys it. To each their own.

6. waynelawson

waynelawson Rookie

Nov 20, 2016
    UK
    Did you notice the grey car on the Uk market dropped about 24k off its asking price this last w/end. As you say it’s slim pickings on the Uk market right now but personally I don’t see cars moving at over 400k even at this early stage. Red line moved one 3 wks ago but at 399k so I think even at such an early stage the premium some want is just more than the market will take right now. It’s still early days though.

Lukeylikey likes this.
  7. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I get it. Chinh chu bought a cple hundred cars in a few years, but he was a billionaire blackstone partner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Evidently sold his Watch biz for 8 figures...

9. Dansage

Dansage Karting

May 20, 2012
    Don’t have a trust fund and wouldn’t want one. I made my money and now I do as I please. I have a pretty strict asset management team who wouldn’t let me burn my money, they see no issues with what I spend on my cars.

We also buy from the same dealership. There are more cars sitting there that belong to me then the dealership and it’s other customers combined at any given point. Not unusual for me to have a few dozen cars sitting around.

Yup, bought them as a set from Ferrari SLC. Great cars.

of2worlds and F140C like this.
  10. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Howd u manage to make that kind of money with no trace of the story on the internet?

Grandmaster and JAM1 like this.
  11. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Maybe a MVMT guy?But they are older 27/28 ..

12. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    That was launched in 2013...timing doesn’t make sense. And to my point the 2 founders are well documented.

Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  13. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Ha, not quite but funny

14. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Sounds a bit far fetched of a story.

Grandmaster likes this.
  15. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    A year ago you said you sold a company for 8 figures and asking about balloon loans because you have "better things to do with your cash." Now you're saying you have $10-20M in cars just sitting at a dealer and have a "strict" asset management team?

You were driving a 2013 458, had a watch company worth 10s of millions of dollars, and you couldn't get financing at 2-3% just like everyone else? Like, any asset management firm could have arranged that. Hell, they might have even just arranged the loan themselves. Move some equities to a brokerage like JPM and their private bank and people for UHNWI will arrange something.

I don't get it. Can you post us picture of your Enzo, LaFerrari, and HS? We've seen your Pista, but your profile says you have like $20M of cars, some very rare.

Grandmaster, Xrayv8 and sfcorse like this.
  16. Oligarch_NY

Oligarch_NY Karting

Apr 28, 2019
    NY
    he is still buying cars around the clock, he is my neighbor.

17. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    yeh with 1B you can spend 200k on average on 500 cars no problem.

18. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    + $150k i have a car for you .... ;)

assuming can stay of F **** list

19. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    #144 Challenge64, Apr 30, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
    Narcissists are never in short supply and yes it does sound far fetched.

Grandmaster likes this.
  20. Raydog9379

Raydog9379 Karting

Jan 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Ray
    I once thought this was unheard of, but its not. I knew a guy in college that I don't think he ever drove the same car twice. He had a deal setup w/ a large MB dealer in how they'd buy/sell his cars, and he always had 20 new cars on hand. They'd be rotated out each month unless there was a car he really liked. Me being a 19-20 year old kid thought this was all BS that a couple of my other friends were talking about, until I saw it for myself. Was a nice guy really, would drive a couple of us back to our dorms if it was raining. I asked him once why he did it. He said he didn't want people to know him or be able to track him, worried about being kidnapped/held for ransom.

He was worth billions, and only went to school because his father said that he had to have a college degree if he wanted to take over the company some day.

of2worlds likes this.
  21. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    ron is always way more articulate than me.

Challenge64 likes this.
  22. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I guess, but he was apparently a billionaire. This guy just said he sold a company for 8 figures and can't get a loan and hates having cash tied up for no reason. Go figure...

Grandmaster likes this.
  23. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Congrats. And yeah, there were quite a few cars (GTB, Pista etc.) with a red cloth cover on them sitting behind the Aperta and Tdf in the photoshoot. Must be a truly amazing collection.

24. Dansage

Dansage Karting

May 20, 2012
    Happy to post pictures when I swing by them. As for financing, I do have it now. It’s not conventional and I do have a line from JPM against equities. I also have a blanket line with a lease company (Putnam) who have my tax returns and gave me a predetermined number I’m good through at defined terms.

I’ve changed my views on cash management, these are things that were novel to me before. Everyone starts somewhere.

As for Ricky, you can literally go see my cars anytime u want they’re around the corner from you sitting in storage at the dealership. No one is tight lipped about me there they’ll tell you all about my stuff.

of2worlds likes this.
  25. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I have no doubt the cars are real. Im trying to understand how you made your money, or when you say we - do you mean you and your father?