Passenger Display? | FerrariChat

Passenger Display?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by TheBigDot, Apr 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheBigDot

TheBigDot Karting

Apr 27, 2019
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I am curious if anyone has or has been in a vehicle with the passenger display? It looks like a fun toy and conversation piece while driving with a passenger, but trying to figure if there is any real utility in it.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    There is no real « utility » to it, as the main infotainment screen is as accessible to the passenger. But it is a cool piece of kit and any new passenger appreciates and comment it. My wife also use it to control the music. The other thing is that the passenger side of the dashboard looks empty without it.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. GlowRed

GlowRed Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2012
    West Midlands, UK
    I have it on my car. Not very useful, but a bit of fun. The best screen is the speed, rev counter and g-force. The passenger can scroll through the music and make selections. There is a display showing the manettino dial position with the traction system, suspension damping etc. displaying their settings. There is also very basic navigation information.

Bearing in mind the infotainment system is next to the passenger, there is not real need for the passenger display.

4. luckyguy

luckyguy Karting

Nov 18, 2016
    venice italy
    I have on gtc4, Will not put on Next portofino...and Will not anymore in any case.

Inviato dal mio LYA-L29 utilizzando Tapatalk

5. VHlambo580

VHlambo580 Karting

Dec 4, 2017
    I have it. Wish I would have gotten apple CarPlay instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JJ97 likes this.
  6. XDINO

XDINO Karting

Feb 20, 2008
    Chicago / Naples
    Full Name:
    Rich
    I have it. Although pricey I think it adds more interest to the interior than other options such as carbon fiber pieces. Every passenger has commented on it, they seem to enjoy just watching it even if they don’t touch it.

7. TheBigDot

TheBigDot Karting

Apr 27, 2019
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I decided to order it. I still ordered the car with all the other options I wanted, but decided to throw this in at the last minute. It’s certainly a novelty, but then again the entire car kinda is, I am sure I as well as my passengers will have fun with it,

8. lfc-Q8

lfc-Q8 Rookie

Oct 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    athbi
    i got it in my porto for my kids sake only

9. Mike Chawla

Mike Chawla Karting

Dec 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mike Chawla
    hello ,can i ask you a question,do 10 14 years old fit at the back of portofino,lets say for 40-50 mins drive

10. LucasFerrari

LucasFerrari Rookie

Mar 21, 2019
    California
    Hi Mike

I have a 11 year old boy and a 14 year old girl and they both fit in the back but it’s tight. I noticed they begin to complain after about 30-45 minutes especially my girl who is about 5 ft - 7 inches .

They love short 20-30 drives then a stop.

Mike Chawla likes this.
  11. lfc-Q8

lfc-Q8 Rookie

Oct 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    athbi
    i guess they could but depending on height