Pantera 2000 that had its debut in 1999:was it running car? | FerrariChat

Pantera 2000 that had its debut in 1999:was it running car?

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by bitzman, May 2, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I saw pictures of it a decade later, poor Alejandro, toothless and in a wheelchair,posing beside it as it is rolled out. The windows are blacked out which makes me think it was just a roller,not a running car. If it was a running car, what was the engine? I have seen pictures of the abandoned factory and it appears five or six were being built.Did any survive? Do they have serial numbers? I read Gandini designed it yet I found a 1996 drawing by Tjaarda that looks like it.

2. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I since heard that the car shown at the preview was just a rolling mockup but had no powertrain. I read where one is in private hands. i dont know if someone makes it a running car if it can be considered the last DeTomaso car. I am curious what the projected engine was. I also read Mrs. DeTomaso sold the factory but do not have a year for that, I'm guessing 1994. signora de Tomaso is alive and well, rather busy at the moment with managing her thoroughbred horse, which has a long name but part of the name is War Cry

3. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Don't think I'd ever seen that before.

Pretty nifty looking car, but? My first thought upon seeing the front end was that it could have been marketed as a Cadillac.