battery specs | FerrariChat

battery specs

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by marce, May 4, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. marce

marce Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2014
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Marcel
    Hello,

Well after 5 year + 3 days of ownership my battery has gone(i think), the charge was reading 12.45 after letting it sit an hour after removing the ctek.... just tick,tick no starter motor.

So in looking for a battery, where can i find the specifications needed for me to order one ?

Also, what is best practice when removing ?

Cheers

marce

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    How about the owners manual page 1.10 or is that too easy ? "450A 75-80Ah - my recollection is in the UK its called size 96

Power off disconnect wires then swear a lot because there's something always in the way reconnect let car relearn & put radio code in - there are undoubtedly more precise answers previously posted

3. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Sorry thats 575 - 550 is I think still same

4. pkl03

pkl03 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Hi Mace,

Be careful of ordering from the catalog in Australia and what you read on the internet. The RHD cars have the positive terminal on the LHS of the battery, whereby the LHD cars have it on the RHS and the batteries are located in opposite side of the engine.

Just went through the process of replacing the battery on my 550 last year and the battery that I purchased, and listed as suitable, would not fit, and it’s not just a matter of turning it 180 degrees as the cables wouldn’t reach. I guess the battery suppliers just use the number from the European/US cars, but they won’t all fit depending on terminal position.

I ended up using the same battery that the previous owner had installed ( Exide Orbital ORB34DC-48). Previous owner had written installation date on battery and had done over 6 years, so I figured it must be good. Battery hadn’t failed, just replaced it as part of the major. I figured it would be close to end of life and I didn’t want to be left stranded. I do leave the car on a Ctek charger when not in use.

5. marce

marce Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2014
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Marcel
    thanks for all the help.

I chose a Bosch s4( it replaces the Bosch s3+)

6. marce

marce Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2014
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Marcel
    ps: yes Jimmie, I swore alot, at the nut I dropped that now sits on the under tray.