Hi Everyone! | FerrariChat

Hi Everyone!

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Ty Spiceland, May 5, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ty Spiceland

Ty Spiceland Rookie

May 5, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ty Spiceland
    Hey All,
    I'm new to this site so I thought I would introduce myself.
    My name is Ty, a 34 year old dude from Atlanta, Ga. I've been in love with Ferrari's since I got a Matchbox Testarossa when I was 6. It's been a lifelong goal of mine to own a Luxury Spec, mid engine V8 hardtop convertible, Corsa Rossa over Peanut Butter Tan. One day I'll get there. If anyone has any advice or help for me on that journey, I'm all ears. Other than that, thank you for having me here. I'll talk to you all soon!

4re308 and DefunctNeurons like this.
  2. Ferrari Tech

Ferrari Tech Formula 3

Mar 5, 2010
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Wade Williams
    Welcome to the site, glad to have you. Stop by ***************** when you are in the area and look around. I'll be happy to show you our shop.

4re308 likes this.
  3. andy308

andy308 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Welcome Ty, lots of good people here and some good locals events as well.

4. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Watch this forum for local events, and then just come and engage with us. You'll learn a lot and be better prepared for when you do make the big purchase. (And don't be in a hurry for that; I waited about 25 years!)

4re308 likes this.
  5. Ty Spiceland

Ty Spiceland Rookie

May 5, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ty Spiceland
    I may take you up on that offer someday! I browse your inventory online about once a week, lol.

4re308 likes this.
  6. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    Which V8? There's a long line of them. I have a 348 preference myself.

Do you have one preference over another?

sjd

4re308 likes this.
  7. Ty Spiceland

Ty Spiceland Rookie

May 5, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ty Spiceland
    It's funny, I go through phases where I fall in and out of love with different models, kind of the way I do with genres of music. At the moment something about the 308 is really speaking to me. But the 355 is also near the top, and honestly I really like the 458/488 era as well. If I could only have one, I'd have a brand new 488 spider, but if they do a F8 Spider next year, that will be at the top of the list.

8. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Remember that the 348 and 355 require engine-out for major service, which seriously drives up the cost. If you like the styling (I don't), I think the 360 is probably the best balance right now between cost, performance and reliability. My 328 is quite reliable but is also 33 years old, and parts are become hard to find and quite pricey.

4re308 likes this.
  9. Ty Spiceland

Ty Spiceland Rookie

May 5, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ty Spiceland
    I'm aware of the "Major Service" situation. The 360 is probably the most attainable for me at the moment, but I was just talking in terms of MY FAVORITE models.

10. Chopperman

Chopperman Karting

Nov 21, 2018
    Weston Super Mud
    Full Name:
    Gary Priestley
    Where are you?