F12 Tyre Profiles | FerrariChat

F12 Tyre Profiles

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by TransientWolf, May 5, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TransientWolf

TransientWolf Rookie

Mar 15, 2019
    UK
    Full Name:
    Darren Jones-Molyneux
    Image Unavailable, Please Login So fairly new F12 owner and can’t stop getting OCD about the tyre profile differential between front and back. The wider rear tyre but same 35% profile means it is 42mm ‘thicker’ than the front and it is very very noticeable to me. The front tyre looks about right profile wise but the rear tyre looks way too beefy. Does it bug anybody else?

2. F142George

F142George Karting

Jun 26, 2014
    UK
    Full Name:
    George
    Yup for sure, I think the TDF tyre profiles fixed the look a little more but it might just be the design of the rim. If you do change the profiles you'll need to alter ride height as well or it will look even more odd.

3. kansas488

kansas488 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 29, 2014
    Kansas
    Love this. I feel the same way. Drives me a bit crazy. So funny to see others who notice these details. My (new to me) F12 arrives in a few weeks!

4. TransientWolf

TransientWolf Rookie

Mar 15, 2019
    UK
    Full Name:
    Darren Jones-Molyneux
  5. Timonous

Timonous Rookie

Oct 28, 2017
    Estonia
  6. F12lover

F12lover Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2016
    I notice it too and differential bugs me in terms of asymmetry. However, I really like the look of the overall rear profile. It fills out and suites the shape of rear wheel opening and fender. Very classic GT look and reminds me of the old tire profiles like on a 275 GTB. Suites the character of the F12 as a true GT and future iconic GT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace

Attached Files:

crinoid likes this.
  8. TransientWolf

TransientWolf Rookie

Mar 15, 2019