360 - Compression Test Results (yep another thread) | FerrariChat

360 Compression Test Results (yep another thread)

Discussion in '360/430' started by Kitchdog, May 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kitchdog

Kitchdog Karting

Jan 10, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Hello everyone,

recently had a PPI done on a 2001 360 Spider F1 including compression test. Belts, clutch, brakes etc all good.

Compression test was as follows, and I am a bit worried about the variance. But at the moment the car just does not get driven, over the last 10 years it has had 3,000 miles put on it. I am wondering if this can have an impact? The mechanic was not worried about this result at all and said it is likely due to the carbon deposits when removing the spark plugs. But searching through threads on here, I can't help but be concerned. He is going to run the test again tomorrow at my request.

1: 188
    2: 162
    3: 199
    4: 179
    5: 166
    6: 181
    7: 199
    8: 199

Thanks for your input :)

2. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I would give it an Italian tuneup before the next compression test.

Mimmo Blue and Kitchdog like this.
  3. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Well if a bad result ends up in telling you not to worry it makes me wonder why the test was done? If the answer to the question is going to be ignored don't waste time asking the question.

It isn't any good but the key to a compression test is in the details about the equipment, methodology and conditions.

I'd find another guy, one who understands that and get another test. I have seen far too many totally worthless PPI's done by worthless shops and worthless mechanics they too often turn into a false sense of security or walking away from a good car.