TR accessory value | FerrariChat

TR accessory value

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by WestCoasta, May 3, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WestCoasta

WestCoasta Karting
    BANNED

May 18, 2016
    california
    Mr. Olsson's previous post has me curious....

When evaluating a TR, does the luggage automatically add $5K to the car? What if its included but not the original set that was delivered with the car back in 19xx?

I too had my eye on that black set of luggage, (dont worry....no bidding war is coming- im not ready:)) in order to have for the day I sell... but am I missing the point of it being THE original luggage that came with the car? Same for the toolset for that matter... is the value simply that its there...or is it all in the "original...came with the car" factor that carries the value? Or course, every buyer is different, just curious of your thoughts.....
    Thanks

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2. 512pilot

512pilot Rookie

Oct 22, 2018
    Those are all good points and as far as the luggage is concerned, no I'm not going to be bidding on it so feel free to do whatever you would like!

I can only imagine that The Closer the car is too original the more the dollar value increases. But since I don't have a Testarossa at this time I'm going to let some other people who are obviously more knowledgeable than I am jump in here.

Sent from my VS995 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

WestCoasta likes this.
  3. WestCoasta

WestCoasta Karting
    BANNED

May 18, 2016
    california
    Youre probably right... its most likely a sliding scale with "all from factory" on one end...."all there but pieced together" in the middle and "everything missing" on the far end....
    I guess every car finds its own place somewhere on that scale with all of the other factors involved (service records, refinishing etc).

It would be awesome if luggage=+$10k :)

512pilot likes this.
  4. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Honestly in ur case since the car has a small history and not original wheels I would personally address those first if value is the concern.
    The luggage does add 5k or so but again it’s outdated and unusable for the most part... my 2 cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Very very few were sold with luggage. Most were purchased later and unlike some of the F40's there is no car identification on the luggage.

Luggage increases the cars value only if the buyer places a value on it. Most sets are sold independently of the car so that pretty much answers the question.

Disagree 100% on usability. I have traveled quite a bit in our TR. There is very little space for luggage so using the fitted luggage greatly increases the amount of stuff that can be packed. You position is held only by people who never use it.

BOKE, SonomaRik, V4NG0 and 1 other person like this.
  6. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    i have a full set of blk orig testarossa luggage came with the car ,i think if you can get a set get it it just makes the car more complete and they can be used and make sure you have the combi lock code on them if not a locksmith can figure it out .i think finding a nice set will be more difficult in years to come

7. Natkingcolebasket69

Im not talking from a usability perspective but from most that I have seen the leather had not aged well; I’d not used that for any of my trips; outdated for sure

8. Natkingcolebasket69

U should watch Harry’s garage he put 2 bikes in his tr and a bunch of stuff so definitely a lot of space

turbo-joe likes this.
  9. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    mine are still like new and can be used if wanted

10. Natkingcolebasket69

But do u use them?

11. Natkingcolebasket69

There u go.

12. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    i have not yet i am keeping them in perfect shape in the future wheni sell the car it will go with the car as a set .

xplodee likes this.
  13. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I've been watching bags for over a year on ebay and one thing i've noticed: if its an auction format they NEVER sell for what the seller thinks they're worth. Go to the marketplace here on Fchat and people ask about $6k for a set of bags in decent shape. When they've gone on ebay they're lucky to bring in $3k. Single bags? Hundreds of dollars each.

I'm not so sure the bags do anything for the value of the car. Sure maybe they make it more attractive to buyers shopping around, but $5k more? I don't think so at all.

14. Natkingcolebasket69

Amen!

vincenzo and xplodee like this.
  15. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    Almost every source I talked to regarding the luggage has confirmed Nats statement that the leather has not aged well. Supposedly it “flakes” off and gets on the clothes that are packed inside of the luggage.
    It’s probably a nice novelty item to have but I would agree with the previously mentioned figure that it’s probably not worth more than three grand at best due to the fact that there is an extremely small pool of actual buyers for the product.

16. WestCoasta

WestCoasta Karting
    BANNED

May 18, 2016
    california
    Guys...thank you so much for your responses. They are all much appreciated.

I think you guys just saved me a few grand and a headache or two.

My attitude about this car is quickly shifting from museum curator/restorationist....to Miami Vice stunt driver. Ive already put 700 miles on it and the "occasion" level to drive it has dropped to "going to the gym"

I am enjoying this car much more than anticipated... STOKED on the Testarossa experience. Thank you guys again for helping me pull the trigger!

(Parnelli....getting really excited to hear about your up coming maiden!)

17. V4NG0

V4NG0 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    Charles Edward Cheese
    I use my Schedoni luggage for all road trips. It’s part of the experience and often becomes a conversation piece when people see it.

The leather actually holds up really well, and the smell of it is simply awesome, especially when conditioned with Collonil.

The interior rubber composite lining does flake off, however. All of my clothes are packed in plastic, so it doesn’t matter for me.

WestCoasta likes this.
  18. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Thats not leather. The leather is great.

19. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    what do the flakes come from then? Maybe the material inside the leather cases perhaps? Would actually make more sense since the inside material is near the clothes

20. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Been written about here 100+ times. The rubber interior lining was picked by Ferrari and it deteriorates. Can be addressed and bags can be used. The leather itself is outstanding quality.

SonomaRik and V4NG0 like this.
  21. Natkingcolebasket69

Ouch, someone brushed u off the wrong side? Parnelli was asking nicely u know;)

22. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    If you choose to read something negative there have at it. Speaks to you, not me.

It has been written about here a lot. Just pointing it out. Dont be such a snowflake. Read the words. Dont read your preconceptions into them.

vincenzo likes this.
  23. Natkingcolebasket69

Uh as much as ur knowledge is amazing; trust me at times ; the same way I seem price centric in my response; u do come across a bit harsh. Feel free to disagree not the only who has noted it. Smile, life is beautiful :)

24. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Put me on ignore.

Melvok likes this.
  25. Natkingcolebasket69

Nah I like ur knowledge too much it’s the point of the forum ;)

Melvok likes this.