Testarossa Price Trends | Page 107 | FerrariChat

Testarossa Price Trends

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Mr.Chairman, Dec 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    totally agree buy the best one at best price the ones needing work will be a poss nightmare ,get one comes off transport start it up and enjoy

xplodee and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  2. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    Maybe you will soon if anyone uses this to negotiate with or price.

3. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

What’s interesting now is that between Parnelli + blkdiablo33 friend + west coasta+rrs car sold to Vegas all the white tr are gone. Not a surprise it’s a rare color, what’s more of a surprise is that at least 2/4 are really clean, well maintained low miles and didn’t sell for a lot WHILST it is pretty hard to get the red one that low, so I beg to ask, is white the hottest color for a TR or is it Red? I thought in the US it was white and red in Europe but maybe it is red all the way?;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Its red, and always has been red. White is a cool color for enthusiasts who recall Miami Vice but most people want their Testarossa or any Ferrari in red. Over time red will become more and more of a winner.

In the last year, I’ve yet to see a clean red/tan monodado available that wasnt a beat and modified single mirror version.

5. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    #2655 blkdiablo33, May 8, 2019
    Last edited: May 8, 2019
    hands down white is the sought after color for a tr other ferraris yes red ,i dont think there are any white tr for sale at this time advertised,red is my second choice for a tr now for a magnum pi car has to be red for color choice

6. Natkingcolebasket69

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Probably one of the cheapest red one I’d consider... but the carfax has some really weird mileage issue so I’m not sure it’s a good deal at all. Has all records though.

7. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    Red TR's may be preferred 5 to 1 (estimate only) over white by buyers. But the problem using that rationale, and this is the key factor, is Ferrari made nearly 10 red TR's for every white one. So the pool of buyers for a red car may be bigger......but the SUPPLY of white cars for its corresponding buyer pool is smaller as a percentage.

Believe, I know. I was in that pool of white buyers. It was a tough spot to be in because the majority of the time there were no more than 2 or 3 white cars listed publicly for sale at any time. But there were always 20 or 30 red ones for sale.

Interestingly, the pool of supply for all colors seems to be going down a bit lately. An Autotrader search usually yielded 50-55 cars. Now it is 35 ish

At the end of the day buy the color of car that YOU want. Not a color that other assclown "thinks" is better/not better

Zeff, PineChris, xplodee and 2 others like this.
  8. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    Agree when my buddy said he wants a tr I asked him what color he said I really want a white one and red second one Red looks gorgeous on a tr also and the amount of solid tr are getting less as you said man can’t wait for you to get yours and pics

9. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    I think if I buy another tr would love a red one there beautiful with blk interior

10. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Nothing beats a black TR. Sinister looking machine in that color.

Parnelli and blkdiablo33 like this.
  11. Natkingcolebasket69

Sure but data point supports red>white>black>anything but yellow;)

WestCoasta likes this.
  12. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    Obviously I only considerd white because of the Miami Vice connection, BUT
    i totally agree that they look super badass in black !! Very sinister. I love that look!!!

13. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    also white looks the best on a tr:)

PineChris likes this.
  14. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Personally if I didnt find a white one, I wouldnt of bought one. Passed on countless other colors in perfect condition and sometimes better prices.

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  15. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    in the long run white will be the most sought after color than red

PineChris likes this.
  16. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    Not a huge fan of this guy, he lives in San Diego now and I have met him a couple of times in car events and not exactly a very down to earth attitude.
    But I agree with his assessment here at 9:30

17. Natkingcolebasket69

Xplodee posted already... and u know he did a tr video from a guy on the forum saying the TR was going up in value...if anything...he jinxed it;)

18. Natkingcolebasket69

Btw demuro is doing less and less and hoovies was gone for a while: I think they cashed in enough and/or their modelsis running out of cars/things to do;)

19. Natkingcolebasket69

Very low service history from what we know so far

20. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Here's my opinion on this 1987 on BaT:

This is the year you want to own. Dual mirrors, Monodado wheels. Most beautiful of any TR iteration. Red with tan interior means most desirable color combo (get real white color guys, I love you but no).

Sadly, the selling dealership has done nothing to make this car worthy for sale. Not even a detail. That is ridiculous. There are water stains all over the paint and the engine bay looks terrible. Brake dust on the wheels and rust around the center caps. The driver seat has more wear than I would like to see for 5k miles but based on the condition of the car in general there is no reason to doubt the mileage. A dye-job on just the side bolster would fix this issue and is inexpensive.

The fact that there is no service history doesn't bother me at all on a 5k mileage car. It's a car that sat around. No service history is needed because the new owner will have to do ALL the work on his own from here on out. IT's going to need a lot of new hoses, etc if the owner wants to driver it. As a result my assumption is a major on this car plus the necessary work to get it up to snuff will run you about $15-20k, closer to 20k. Not horrible.

I would LIKE this car to sell for $125, but I think the dealer has hurt the likelihood of that happening by presenting the car so poorly. I am worried that the car will barely break 100-110 and won't hit reserve

I'll say this- this is my dream TR aside from not having black inside the front trunk compartment. Makes me wish I waited, but whatever life goes on.

Anyway Nat can NOT diminish the value of this car on the chat section of BaT? Let the market decide without negative commentary right below the darn auction.

read33 likes this.
  21. Natkingcolebasket69

The wheels are a bit of an issue on an 87, tyre replacement specifically.
    I don’t think any of the comments u have just made are negative because they are true so maybe an uninformed market is not the market?;)
    Maybe it is worth 110k, see I was being generous at 120k;)

22. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Tires on a Monodado '87 are same as on all other years, 16x8 and 16x10" wheels. Same tire issues across all TR's except the metric Monodado's ('85 and '86 only). Seller confirmed this has the 16" wheels, not the metric, in the listing.

I'm ok with all of us making negative comments about any car for sale HERE, but I just frown upon it on the actual BaT site itself. Just doesn't strike me as in good-taste. But it's just my opinion and who cares about that, right?!

I think you're being accurate at 120 at what the car is worth, but I just don't know if it'll get that on BaT. I bet it get's it privately if it doesn't sell on BaT.

read33 likes this.
  23. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    nat is in a good mood to say 120 k lol

Jakuzzi and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  24. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    if it gets all cleaned up and detailed send to a high end auction and have 2 buyers that want it 150k

xplodee likes this.