458 - How to remove the 458 hvac panel for refinishing | FerrariChat

458 How to remove the 458 hvac panel for refinishing

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by billwann, May 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. billwann

billwann Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2004
    Bristol Wisconsin .
    Full Name:
    Bill Wann
    So after a lot of searching and not finding any answers on how to remove the 458 hvac panel I figured out how to do it . you dont have to remove the glovebox like I did . the hvac panlel and housing has to be removed from the leather dash panel before you can get the hvac panel off the plastic housing . the sticky stuff will wipe right off if you use 2 proponal which is just high strength rubbing alcohol . the actual hvac panel is a bit tricky to get apart but all the knobs will just pull off except for the two big ones which will need to have the 4 tabs depressed .
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

ncm6cabrio and DefunctNeurons like this.
  2. gobble

gobble Formula 3
    Owner Regional Sponsor

Jan 29, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Ferrarifobs.com
    Get used to not finding any answers with the 458. The huge database of problems and fixes that exists for the older models seems nonexistent with the 458. It seems most owners are even afraid to change their own oil. Crazy.

3. billwann

billwann Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2004
    Bristol Wisconsin .
    Full Name:
    Bill Wann
    I figured that . first thing I did was change oil and filters and then tore apart the inside to fix minor things . Oh by the way thanks for the link to the service manual , its interesting . I also found a tool to rest the service light when needed , did you find one yet?

4. gobble

gobble Formula 3
    Owner Regional Sponsor

Jan 29, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Ferrarifobs.com
    What tool did you find? I bought a Launch tool which says in the instrument cluster menu it will reset the service light, but I had one last year of included maintenance so don't need it until next year.

By the way, I just did fobs for the 355 you sold, never did make it down to see the reef tank.

5. asb

asb Rookie

May 27, 2019
    Hi - I have a 2013 458 and I'm trying to remove the center panel like you did to get access to ipod harness that's located behind. I've removed 3 silver bolts at very bottom, but need help understanding how the panel then gets pulled off - I don't want to force anything. Can you explain how you did it. Thanks!