Rio de Janeiro 2020 | FerrariChat

Rio de Janeiro 2020

Discussion in 'F1' started by 444sp, May 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 444sp

444sp Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2016
  2. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Let's hope the locals don't repeat what was happening at Interlagos.

3. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

The location will be like Sao Paulo if the near area is favela oriented. This will be interesting. One must generally be on guard in Rio to begin with. Its not Monaco or Singapore lol - thanks for not being a new Liberty 'street circuit'!!!!!!!!!!!

Jakuzzi and Bas like this.
  4. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Interesting, but not a vaca destination for me anymore.

E60 M5 likes this.
  5. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Changing from S.paulo to Rio won't help security, just the opposite!!!

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  6. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Of course, the GP was in Rio for a number of years, but that circuit was first converted to a "roval" for IndyCars and then was bulldozed for facilities for the 2016 Olympic games.

7. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    That layout is absolutely terrible. Endless flow of high speed corners where it's impossible to follow in F1 cars and I can't see a single proper hard braking zone where drivers can try and overtake.

8. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Is it the layout that is "terrible", or the F1 cars of today ? That is the question.

I'll tend to go for the later rather than the former.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  9. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    It's not gonna happen. Brazil is currently broke.

It's an idiotic idea. Why the f!@k you demolished a beautiful racetrack (Jacarepagua), close to the sea, in a relatively nice neighborhood at first place, to build an Olympic facility that was used just once?!?\

Also, Interlagos may not be an awesome neighborhood but this one in Rio (Deodoro) is way worse. It's in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by poor housing communities.

This is how Jacarepagua looked like:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

This is Interlagos:

This is the neighborhood where they want to build this new track:

NürScud and Bas like this.
  10. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    It's normal that it's idiotic...you just have to listen once to Bolsonaro....

11. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    You may well be right but having that moron Tilke design the track already tells you all you need to know.

By the way, that aerial photograph of Interlagos that Flavio has posted above shows the old track layout very nicely which is what they should be using.

12. DF1

Well said- quick visual exam showed the area was not so great. Bas point is important to the potential of good racing or NOT!!!!

Jakuzzi and Bas like this.
  13. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    :rolleyes:

Bolsonaro was the best choice by a long margin. The other guy was a communist indicted on 32 legal proceedings among them corruption.

Bas and 11506apollo like this.
  14. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Both in this case.

Sepang is a great circuit. Turkey was a good track also, but never gelled with it (parking lots everywhere turned me off it).

15. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I'm a fan of him. Clearly showed that years and years of lefties in charge has only seen Brazil turn from paradise to the hell hole it is today. I hope he can clean it up. A wonderful country that needs to be saved.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  16. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Built in 6-7 months? hmmm............

Bernie was talking about moving it to Rio back in 2013 but the Olympics got in the way. Bernie always gets what he wants even after he "retires" ;)

17. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Built in 6-7 months, create 6-7 thousand jobs....the air down there must being very thing!!!!! Neither of those things is going to happen.

If Liberty think that new track will be done in 6 months, I'd love to meet the people doing their due diligence...they are obviously breathing the same thin air!!

Its a shame to move from Interlagos, despite the issue regarding security. Liberty need to look at the complete season from a financial perspective and not just each race individually. What if Monza couldn't make the numbers work, you seriously going to kill that off?

Bas and william like this.
  18. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Sure, and this one is an extreme fascist....but this isn´t the place to discuss it...

Jakuzzi and william like this.
  19. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    They can clean it Bas, if they kill or deport half the population, cause one half is stealing and killing the other half!! And most of the police is corrupt, either payed by the richs or the gangs....i love Brazil, i have family there, both in S.Paulo and Rio, but i don't have nay interest in going there, and Portugal is receiving more and more Brzilians every day that just can't live anymore in a place where people get murdered by the thousands!! Bolsonaro won't change that, because like all the other, if they are not corrupt before, they'll soon become once they reach power.

Jakuzzi, william and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  20. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Not the place to discuss it indeed. I do believe after years of the corrupt left in charge a change is needed. Perhaps he will change things. If not, what have they really lost? i'll leave it at that also.

bmwracer, Jakuzzi and Flavio_C like this.
  21. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Prove me that the guy is fascist. This topic is about "Rio GP" so no problem to discuss it here. :p

22. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    That's a nonsense post, completely out of reality. The criminals are a tiny minority that terrorizes the good people. "Most of the police is corrupt" , again, prove it. You have been reading too much left leaning newspapers that like to portray thugs as "poor people explored by the rich".

Portugal is receiving 3 types of Brazilians: (1) - low skilled workers (janitors, waitresses, etc.) who get better living standards in Portugal (2) - rich Brazilians who buy holiday homes in Cascais and Lisboa because it's cheaper. (3) High paid retirees. No middle class or high skilled worker will move to Portugal because salaries for doctors and engineers are higher in Brazil.

Bolsonaro is ALREADY changing it: in just 4 months murderers are down by 25%. But the future looks promising because he chose as his justice minister a judge who had the big balls to put in jail corrupt politicians such as Lula.

Bas likes this.
  23. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Flavio, i'lll be happy to continue this discussion over PM, don't wan't to get banned over thiss I'll just finish by saying 2 things.
    I'm not talking out of my ass, i have people there, that live there ever since and just can´t stand it anymore.
    You are wrong about midle class, we are receiving a lot of middle class and skilled workers, like engineers and doctors (heck, my son's Pediatrician is brazilan, and my former daughter Pediatritian was also brazilian..and the one before (the best i ever saw was Argentinian!), and i knoe many, many cases.
    Do you really believ that statistic about murders? i call it propaganda.....favela thugs, gangs, simple robbers son't care if it's Lula or Bolsonaro in the power....they'll just kill you anyway...

bmwracer and Jakuzzi like this.
  24. DF1

The truth^^^^. The race is in doubt for political and development reasons.

25. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    It's time to"Make Brazil Great Again"......

Bas and Flavio_C like this.