mid engine corvette qtr panels leaked photo | Page 94 | FerrariChat

mid engine corvette qtr panels leaked photo

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by darkkaangel, Jul 30, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    I don't see anything in those renderings that gets me excited. Looks just like everything else out there for the most part but like its trying too hard to be one. With the money for this one new I would spend the same amount and look at something used that has depreciated. Like grab a real nice F355 6sp now before you wish you had later. This thing will be worth $30k in 10yrs when the F355 will be out there. I already know I am going to get countered by the groupies who will point out performance differences and the F355 will get smoked. Yeah, well speed is not everything and there is always something faster. But better?

PaulK likes this.
  2. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
  3. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Agreed "faster" is not necesaarily better, esp given real road possibilities. The only possible flaw in your economis is 355 running costs. Say 5k per year averaged out for the 355. A vette at worst is going to average out at 1k per year. So a 75K vette depreciated to 30k over 5 years is still going to be almost twice as expensive and arguably less fun. Assuming a 355 does not suddenly throw you a 20k bill. Still its sound logic.

4. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Give me a crystal ball I’ll tell you what to buy and what not to buy. Until then just buy and drive what you like and can afford

5. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    So, that ugly side scoop is really a fake-out? Sure to disappoint style-challenged posers.

And by the same token, I wonder if the Camero tail lights are also a fake-out and the actual car will get 4 round genuine Corvette tail lights! Hope springs eternal!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    I just sold my 5 year old (2014) C7 back to the dealer I bought it from. Paid $61,500 out the door in April 2014, dealer gave me $38,000 for it in April 2019. Corvettes hold their value quite well.

Another factor is insurance. Modern Corvettes are very cheap to insure.

Face76, JV's89 and of2worlds like this.
  7. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    How far behind do you think the C8 convertible intro will be? Have you decided on a color yet?

8. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    For me, the Zr1 was loss, Lambo Countach bought for 65k made money (Think twice about your childhood dream car you may be dissapointed) Lambo 350Gt made decent money but sold way too soon. 1970 C3 Vtete vertible, broke even(Think twice about your childhood dream car you may be dissapointed) Kept the e46 M3 bought new its becoming a thing now, kept the BBI also appreciating but cost 5k per year on average for 24 years, Elise prob worth more than I paid and cost to run, Gt40 replica, a great way to imolate/vaporize money and (Think twice about your childhood dream car you may be dissapointed.)

IMO if youre really an enthusiast and you buy cars you think are great to drive, keep the ones you bond with, odds are over time others will feel the same way and you'll do just fine. Investors and sepculators always end up coveting the cars enthusiasts loved. The key is to be able to keep what you buy and love. By that logic a 355 is a really good buy, and a new vette a mass produced vehicle sure to depreciate, unless its something truly special like the current Zr1. I think that car will astound us with how far its price goes once the intial short term depereciation is done. The last of the real he man mohecans, the last Fe slugger vette, the most powerful Fe vette produced, most over the top agressive styling.

Sometime maybe vette will build a light roadable C8R, thats probably the one I want.

many car's never quite made it in period and are really coveted now, specificaly because they were so pure and or focussed. S2000 gen 1 NSX last of the Vipers, Even a 288 was once a 1509k car worth less than a F40, acccoprding to the experts deservedly so because to most it looked like a 308. Once again I'm reminded that the right 355 is a great buy, arguably the last really great drivers ferrari, certainly the last anologue one..

Long long term, anything sporty, evocative noisy and gas powered will do well once its all goes electric.

Nativetroy likes this.
  9. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    And inexpensive to run, plus quite reliaible, which means year after year you can rely on it to deliver. Unfortunatly after 30k or so miles they take on a bit of a used tupperware feel.

10. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    That sounds very promising

TheMayor likes this.
  11. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    And you know this based on all the Corvettes you've owned?????
    I've owned 5 in the last 20 years and have not found that to be true in any way.

12. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    I am thinking about Long Beach Red, if they offer it.
    As far as timing: Assuming (you know what happens then!!!) they do start producing coupes late 4th quarter this year, I'm hoping the Convertible will go into production March/April 2020.
    While I'm guessing....we see the car July 18th, I think that will be the coupe only. And possibly they'll show the Convertible at the L.A. show a few months later??????

of2worlds likes this.
  13. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    Eric R, slm, jm2 and 1 other person like this.
  14. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    IF the styling improves and they have pricing in these ranges I would be really interested. The mid tier twin cam turbo starting at 85 would be almost earth shattering compared to Euro entries.

Somethings still scare me. Electric power steering -- I hated it in the C7. Poor quality control. Too huge and heavy.

So there's still a lot of information we need to see.

15. JV's89

JV's89 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 18, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    Was this a trade in allowance, and what was the mileage?

16. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Pretty much every car has eps these days, except maybe Mclaren and the Hellcat charger. Ironicaly two Kias I drove had great eps, I mean really good. My wifes new Merc GLC has a system far better than her 3 year older GLC and theyre essentialy the same car, its all about prgraming and imo Kia has it best, but then I havent tied an 18 or newer porche. The ferrai 458 steering is pretty sucky imo,like near on zero feedback and felling totaly overboosted, the 488 an improvement..

Eps will always lack something hydraulic had, but then the hydarulic systems only got really good in the 2ks anyway, and even then not all were good. Pretty much any Ps system whether hydraulic or eps is at best a shadow of what a true manual rack is like.

Bottom line, if or when they get the programing right on the vtte, the eps shoudl be as good as any system out there.

17. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    When I made reference to value I was implying that to spend $85k out the door for the new ME or get a F355 which you can find a great example of for about the same money, where will both be in 10yrs. Its a fact the ME will be 50% or less of paid costs. You can get a '12 ZR1 which stickered for $130k (at least mine did) and its now worth $65k on a good day and mine was one of five configured as such. Who cares right? I should have bought that Ferrari for the money spent and I would be way ahead today. Go ahead and throw maintenance costs in there. I spent a little over $6k during ownership of the ZR1. Not to mention the engine blew coming out of turn two at Texas World Speedway. If it were not for warranty (yes GM knew I was at the track too) that would have be a $35k repair bill. Now using the ZR1 comparison, they made few of them compared to what they will do with the ME. I still believe that 35-40% will be where they fall to in 10yrs.

18. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    The C7 if equipped right and a great color is stunning. This is that car.

19. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean

agreed..

20. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Probably Long Beach Red won't appear on the C8. They keep changing the other red and only keep the Torch Red. They learned that lesson when they tried to introduce Precision Red as a replacement for Torch Red...
    Maybe Aztec Gold will make a come back on the C8. :eek:

21. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    And I don't disagree. But the C7 is just terrible which is what scares me about the C8.

22. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    Straight cash sale from me to them, they wrote me a check (they have nothing to trade for at the moment:)) 2014 C7 convertible, 2LT, manual, 27,000 miles.

of2worlds and JV's89 like this.
  23. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    According to the "leaked" partial order guide, Long Beach Red will be offered....

of2worlds likes this.
  24. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I hope they change the color of the brown interior. Its like a baseball glove. Its very orangey. Doesn't look good in a red car. They had only one choice for brown before along with black and one gray I believe. Pretty limiting.

25. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    Agreed. The "Kalahari" interior color did not look good with any of the reds offered. My C7 was Cyber Grey and it worked great with that:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Phil~, of2worlds and TheMayor like this.