For All That Have F8 Deposits Submitted | FerrariChat

For All That Have F8 Deposits Submitted

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by racerdj, Mar 27, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    I thought it might be a great place to exchange information about pricing, option selections, allocations and proposed delivery dates in one place.
    I'll start with my deposit being mailed. For me, to have perhaps one of the last GTB non electric versions and being 65 was a no brainer. To be trading in a 2018 GTB with 1500 miles (current reading) is not normally what smart people do. But again, what about Ferrari ownership is logical? The hp increase and new styling is parcially behind this purchase. I have always found that when viewing any Ferrari model in person, the car looks even better than in pictures. Good luck for all going for the F8!

crinoid, LucasFerrari, LVP488 and 4 others like this.
  2. jim g

jim g Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
    I already pre-traded my 2017 488 Spider no deposit was needed. My F8 will be Rossa Corsa with black interior similar to the one on the Ferrari website with racing seats, hifi sound, carbon side splitter, black side sills, and the usual options nothing too crazy. I'm expecting fall/winter delivery.

Baitschev and of2worlds like this.
  3. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    which year?

4. jim g

jim g Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
    Late 2019 early 2020

5. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Rosso Scuderia external-Beige interior. CF Driver+Leds, CF Dashboard and Central Bridge, Racing CF Seats, Shields, Parking Camera and Front and Rear Sensors. Premium Stereo as it was a great option on my 488 which I enjoyed more than I thought.
    Undecided on rims hoping to see the options other than OEM.

of2worlds likes this.
  6. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Same position albeit 9 years younger but totally agree. Also the improvements to the cooling , electronics etc.

Only difference is ill wait 3 years and enjoy the 488 GTB until the last day you can order the F8

7. JimPVB

JimPVB Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    Florida
    Gave my deposit last week, have a two hour drive to my dealer to spec the car, expect to do it in the next few days, or early next week. I know it will be RC, race seats, lifter, all available exterior carbon, no interior carbon, but will get the LED steering wheel, interior Black, Red accents, mix of Alcantara/leather, many small options as well, and still considering the wheels, trying to decide if I want to accept the standard wheels and then upgrade when the car arrives, or go with the Diamond wheels. One caveat, I'm really aiming for the Spider model when released, so all of this may be an interim purchase for me, but that said, I really like what I've seen in the coupe and may change my mind after spending some time with the car.

Jim

of2worlds and wthensler like this.
  8. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Deposit in

Color tbd. Since this is likely a placeholder for spider prob RC although Grigio Scuro is calling my name. So far : AFS, lifter, nonstar wheels ,
    Black, LEDs-CF, alcantara lower dash , tunnel doors, Goldrake seats with center stripe, sport exhaust CF paddles, Italian flag.

Early 2020 I’m told.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Speedy2081

Speedy2081 Formula Junior

Feb 8, 2009
    Westchester New York
    Full Name:
    Joe C
    I recently picked up my 2019 GTB. I’m assuming in 2-3 years I’ll trade up to something. Just curious, how much of a deposit is typical for an F8.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

10. Yang Yang

Yang Yang Karting
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ferrari F8 Tributo
    10K, just the same like when you order a 488

Speedy2081 likes this.
  11. Fixer03

Fixer03 Karting

Nov 1, 2015
    Its £20k in the UK.

Speedy2081 likes this.
  12. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    Deliveries start end Q1/2020

of2worlds, Albert-LP and WM458 like this.
  13. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Was at the dealer yesterday. Earliest deliveries in Canada will be Q1 2020 but maybe later. No price or configurator available yet.

of2worlds likes this.
  14. Yang Yang

Yang Yang Karting
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ferrari F8 Tributo
    Deposited yesterday in Ferrari Newport Beach
    Before I deposited, there were already 16 people on the list. So I think I’m screwed! First delivery will be in Q1 2020 as the salesman said.

15. Johnnugget

Johnnugget Karting

Jan 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    John Nugget
    Configurator is already online since about two weeks at some dealerships. I specced the car to get an overview of the (massive amount of) options.
    Carbon inside / outside makes 100k without any other options.
    Equaling the options to a nicely specced Pista gets you to an even pricing.
    Leaving out most CF parts makes the F8 coupe a good 60k less compared to a Pista.

Bhh and BCHOW like this.
  16. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Target delivery is one year from now, my config so far would be Grigio Silverstone (like my 488) but with yellow accents instead of the red I have on the 488 (for callipers, stitching, horse on headrest, rev counter - and central stripe on the seats for the F8 since I go for the "race" seats this time).
    Mandatory added options are shields, carbon driver zone (to get the wheel with LEDs and the carbon paddles that now have the right size) and the electrochromic mirrors.
    I'm typically very reasonable with options, and the comparison with the Pista spec I considered is €80K less (with all french taxes the Pista would have been about €360K whereas the F8 should be about €280K).

of2worlds likes this.
  17. lamborarri

lamborarri Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2015
    Haha I saw yours btw.

18. LMH

LMH Karting

May 5, 2019
    Spain
    Is 50k euros in Spain, damn it

of2worlds and Ash Patel like this.
  19. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    20 K euros in France.

of2worlds likes this.
  20. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    They asked 20 thousand US for my waitlist.

Speedy2081 and of2worlds like this.
  21. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    I approached my dealer regarding a F8 Spider. As usual they asked I purchase the coupe to secure one of the first Spiders. The difference is they will not buy back the coupe and will only sell it on consignment.

I take this as another example of the deterioration of the selling prices on “new” Fcars. In the past there was no concern regarding the selling price of a relatively new Fcar. This may be the first time I purchase a used car to avoid the full depreciation. The dealer did not give me that good of a deal on my ‘17 488 Spider either. Fortunately a local dealer did so I did well on the 488. Doubt the same will happen with the F8.

22. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Same deposit here.

Speedy2081 likes this.
  23. bml71

bml71 Karting

Mar 2, 2019
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bradd Lewis
    I placed my order 2 days after launch (same day as I took delivery of my Portofino).
    Also 20k and am getting car 3 at my dealer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale

25. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    The main reason I can think for them not to buy back your car is if you're a smoker, don't take care of your car or just had a bad experience with them. Otherwise F8 sales expectations would infer to be weak based on that stance.

Apart from that, Ferrari production is almost 50% higher now than when the 458 was being produced. The fact that new buyers to the brand are getting new vehicle allocations in a timely manner should tell you a lot with regards to resale value.

F50gta likes this.