Scuderia ZFFKW64A880161156 | FerrariChat

Scuderia ZFFKW64A880161156

Discussion in '360/430' started by Rosso Corsa Strada, May 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rosso Corsa Strada

Nov 11, 2018
  2. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Looks identical to my car w/ half of the miles :). Visually, the car look superb. Can't figure what could be wrong with it at 12k miles.

3. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    The River runs through it
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    Looks fine. The only think it may not have but I would like to have is the US carbon package.

Except for the red calipers, mine is yellow, looks like mine also.

4. Rosso Corsa Strada

Nov 11, 2018
    Sorry for my ignorance but what does the US carbon package include?

And what would you consider a fair price for this car?

5. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Aside from having a red tach (mine is yellow), it is pretty spot on to mine down to the interior fabrics. It even has the bata covers.

6. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    If you compare it to other cars currently on the market, a fair price would be anywhere between $180-190k. Better spec'd cars have been bought for less, but you'll have to wait awhile for those to come around.

Carbon package is: Carbon rear diffuser, carbon front lip, and carbon headlights. Carbon headlights are a bit of a hassle to maintain. The rest you can buy brand new OE or aftermarket if you really want them.

7. Rosso Corsa Strada

Nov 11, 2018
    The carbon headlights get cloudy correct? The non-carbon don't?

8. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    The River runs through it
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    Those headlights are not an issue.

I clean mine with a air gun.

Ive melted one headlight before i became an expert.

You can buy the CF diffuser and front splitter on ebay pretty cheap.

9. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    The carbon headlights develop hazing that look like spider cracks. When you see them, you have to put a heat gun to them and they gradually disappear. Non-carbon ones do not have this issue. They’re pretty much maintenance free.

10. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    A few (minor) nits to pick...missing key ($1000 to replace), appears to be missing the radio code card, alarm card, and photo book of manufacture. 08, so no US carbon package. Got a clutch at 12,000 miles? I would be curious why that was required, and also who did the work. Other than that, the car looks similarly spec'd to my car, except I have black 3D fabric in the center of the seats and alcantara instead of tech fabric. Bata covers is a plus, I don't have those.

I would love to see higher prices, but in all honesty, the market is soft right now....this is probably a $175k to $180k car in today's market.

11. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Ya’ll missed the boat on a Rosso Corsa striped Scud with 15k miles. Late 08 model with US carbon package. $170k. Sold within 9 days of listing. Won’t find that deal for a long time. My buddy was after it but could not get his finances sorted in time.

Moral of the story... when a good deal comes around, act quickly.

f355spider likes this.
  12. Rosso Corsa Strada

Nov 11, 2018
    What was the cost of the US carbon package when new?

13. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    That's a good question. I would say $10-15K. Carbon package came standard on 2009. Maybe even late 08 as you tend to see them have them.

You can buy a brand new OE CF rear diffuser for $6-8k. Front lip for $1.5K. Headlights for $5k.

Rosso Corsa Strada likes this.
  14. Rosso Corsa Strada

Nov 11, 2018
    Another probably dumb question, I noticed some cars have a gold plate on the back grill on the left while others don't...

15. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Haven’t noticed anything about a gold plate to be honest.

16. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    The used Scuds I’ve seen with OE CF rear diffuser... they all have some damage to a few fins. Brand new OE fins are $1000 each.

I have a high-quality replica carbon rear diffuser ($3500). My car is lowered and I don’t worry about damaging $1000 fins :).

17. Rosso Corsa Strada

Nov 11, 2018
    catdog and NürScud like this.
  18. Rosso Corsa Strada

Nov 11, 2018
    Nice, I may inquire at some point! Anything else I should look out for on these cars? Common issues?

19. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    That’s a badge that comes on the 16m. Doesn’t look too bad on the Scud :). That’s not standard for Scuds.

f355spider likes this.
  20. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Clutch life, but this was replaced super early at 12k miles. Did someone track it hard? Was there an e-diff issue pre-maturely wearing the clutch? If tracked hard, look at ceramic brake life.

Possible header failure.

Who changed the clutch? Are the parameters for engagement set correctly? If done, by Ferrari dealer, you probably don’t have to worry. If done by indy, check reputation. But this can also be corrected by Ferrari dealer.

21. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Common issues on 430 Scuderia:
    1) Play in steering wheel. Easily fixed, the splines are loose on either the steering wheel or the shaft. Dealer can tighten the fit to remove the play.
    2) Ticking at cold start, caused by warped exhaust manifold flange (header). Fix is to regrind the flange flat, replace gaskets and studs, reinstall.
    3) Ball joints in front can wear quickly. Replace with Hill Engineering aftermarket ball joints.
    4) Some have complained of knocking noises in front suspension...various sources and cures.
    5) Black trim paint in door jams, inside engine lid, and trunk lid can flake off. Due to not properly sanding base paint before application.
    6) Loose exterior mirrors...easy fix
    7) Milky looking carbon fiber in engine compartment. Most body shops can fix this by sanding down the clear coat and respraying clear.
    There may be more, these are off the top of my head...

Oengus, Chris420, Bhh and 2 others like this.
  22. Rosso Corsa Strada

Nov 11, 2018
    Good tips. How can I check the parameters? And I assume Ferrari dealer would charge arm and leg to check/set them?

23. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Shouldn't be more than an hour to and hour and a half for labor and test drive.

24. Bhh

Bhh Rookie

Dec 5, 2014
    Manhattan
    On a positive note I bought mine 5 years ago with 7k miles. I have 20k miles now. Car has been very robust. At 19k I had to replace the clutch and motor mounts but I have done a few track events and deal with nyc traffic so I wouldn’t be surprised if others get better clutch life.

f355spider likes this.
  25. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Overpriced in the current market (duh by how long its been sitting), my least favorite seats (full tech fabric), low optioned......and frankly I don't want a red car if I can help it. Currently on the market is an Abu Dhabi blue and a Silverstone over red/black alcantera that I really like. And I'm even more tempted by the Pozzi Blue over crazy gray interior that Cam has (at the right price) than this.