430 - Can the F430 transmission be reprogrammed to be quicker?? | FerrariChat

430 Can the F430 transmission be reprogrammed to be quicker??

Discussion in '360/430' started by Tamahal, May 9, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tamahal

Tamahal Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2019
    Full Name:
    TAMAHAL
    I was wondering if the F430 transmission is the same as the Scuderia transmission? If so, can the 430 be reprogrammed to faster?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

i've searched the topic on this forum and the general consensus is NO. general consensus is because the hardware are different.
    I looked up the parts catalog and the f1 actuator has different part number than the scuderia version, indeed. The gearbox is a different as well.

HOWEVER, I've yet to see
    1. an actual picture of comparison between the coupe actuator and scud actuator.
    2. an actual picture of comparison between what's immediately inside of the coupe gearbox actuator opening hole and that of the scud.

So I am in doubt.

The doubt is based on the rumor busted a few years ago that a 360 challenge race car's TCU can't be used on street 360s and vice versa.

so who knows

BUT, i am sure you can't just use a scud tcu on a 430 coupe , but my opinion could be flawed too

if I have a scud i'd be happy to do a lot of swap experiments, If something breaks, that's the price to pay for the curiosity. after all, curiosity just kills the cat, not humans. LOL

3. Tamahal

Tamahal Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2019
    Full Name:
    TAMAHAL
  4. Tamahal

Tamahal Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2019
    Full Name:
    TAMAHAL
    Thanks for the info!!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app