Quieter cold starts F12 | FerrariChat

Quieter cold starts F12

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by speedbird1000, May 10, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. speedbird1000

speedbird1000 Rookie

Jun 29, 2008
    Europe
    Anybody come across the electric vacuum pump, is it in the V12 lusso? , which you can activate before a cold start, for a few seconds apparently, so the exhaust valves are closed at the moment of start up? Looking to fit to my F12, which has novitec exhaust, so my dear mother's neighbours don't get any more heart attack moments !!! Cold start is madness loud as with no vacuum the valves are open just as it revs up with the start..... :eek::)

F456M likes this.
  2. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    One of best parts of car! :)

3. 4574

4574 Karting

Jan 30, 2017
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Keith
    I agree. A cold start on a V12 is literally an explosion. There is nothing like it.

4. speedbird1000

speedbird1000 Rookie

Jun 29, 2008
    Europe
    It is totally, but on the odd occasion, like in a built up area, 6 am in the morning, its totally not cool especially with 100 cell sports cats :)

5. 4574

4574 Karting

Jan 30, 2017
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Keith
    I totally get it.

6. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    Have a buddy with an beefed up muscle car that has similar issues with neighbors, he has remedied it in a less mechanical way... He starts the car with the garage door down, then opens it up after ignition :) if you are in a garage, might be better to do this, than modify. I do wonder if you would get a CEL if you close the exhaust valves during start up on it.

7. F12lover

F12lover Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2016
    Sounds like you are looking to put the stock vacuum valve back in. Standard F12 exhaust has such a valve which is closed at start and low revs. Assuming it fits within your Novitec exhaust you should be able to use the standard F12 part I would think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk