Where did Dave Rocks go? | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Where did Dave Rocks go?

Discussion in '348/355' started by PaulK, May 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    I think you close it now...

although a weekend's worth of debate could be fun too...

#facepalm

sjd

showme1946 likes this.
  2. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    The point here is, someone can quickly read that sentence and easily interpret it 2 different ways depending on what they ate that morning. So it’s not just Dave reading it a certain way, but others as well... and this was a casual guideline written to him in a pm 2 years ago. Combine that with observed behavior from other sponsors, he had every reason to think his initial interpretation was correct.

To Rob’s defense, it wasn’t written incorrectly. But just like anyone else, probably didnt realize it could come of as ambiguous to some. That’s the problem. The guideline needed a bit more elaboration and that’s not the fault of either party.

GTUnit, taz355 and 97 Spider like this.
  3. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    This is an internet forum. Did people not get the part about the Mods and owner giving DR a way out? The way out was just to comply with what they told him. That is not ambiguous at all.

Here is the bottom line...
    This is the house that Rob built. When I walk through his door if I see the family's shoes neatly by the door I take my shoes off. That's common sense, courtesy, a little situational awareness. If I am too clueless to notice the neatly arranged shoes and he asks me to take off my shoes I do so. Otherwise I GTFO!

wrxmike, 285ferrari, drbob101 and 3 others like this.
  4. INRange

INRange F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2014
    Virginia/Florida/Caymans
    Full Name:
    JD
    Close the thread and stop the whining. Seriously guys.....put your big boy pants back on and stop whining about the kid that got expelled from school by blaming the Principal. Any read of the Rules makes it abundantly clear and if you had a single question about the Rules .....I'm sure the mods or Rob would have answered it.

Whining and complaining about Dave's ban is starting to sound like dems whining about the Mueller report. I'm sure if this thread goes past today.....collusion and obstruction will be the next set of accusations.:rolleyes:

I'm with FBB.....this is Rob's house.

PhilB, 285ferrari, drbob101 and 4 others like this.
  5. WATSON

WATSON Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    Wasn't Dave L permanently banned once before (2016 ish), came back under an alias, you knew it, and then you allowed home to stay anyway?
    That alias thing is a great way to get double secret perma banned.

I mean, I like Dave L. I like Rob.

But at some point picking on Rob for being unreasonable given ALL the history seems a bit out of line.

INRange likes this.
  6. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Apparently, you didn’t read the thread.

Sponsor rules are not written on the site. I’m not sure where they are as a matter of fact.

Rob already pointed out sponsor rules and guidelines are discussed privately. So we simply discussed what was discussed privately and came to a conclusion the guideline could be interpreted ambiguously.

What rule did you read?

GTUnit likes this.
  7. m.stojanovic

m.stojanovic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2011
    Malaysia - KL
    Full Name:
    Miroljub Stojanovic
    I hope that the guidance was not based on one's interpretation of the rules but on the actual clear meaning of the rules.

8. Booker

Booker Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Miami 2018

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    This is a very fair point, and I agree that the exhaust is one item that has many parts. This is a hard line to draw because most items in general have multiple parts. I think this comes down to how are you listing the item... listing it as a complete unit would be one item, but listing each piece at different prices or availability is not one item. I admit the system is flawed, but the future is bright

ShineKen likes this.
  9. Booker

Booker Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Miami 2018

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    I recognize that this system is limiting, but I hope everyone understands it is difficult for a only handful of us to cover every base. 10+ years ago Rob didn't really have time to respond to stuff like this, working a full time job and managing this community largely by himself. Now he is growing in his role with the parent company, I am lead admin here, and the future presents many options for different subscription levels and classified posting rules/methods. Also, the moderators do far more work than is ever appreciated, even by me, and it is all purely volunteer work for the betterment of the community. Again, the future is bright.

Lastly, I think this thread has run its course, but I want to everyone to know that I am all ears. I have not been here since the beginning, so I greatly value the input of you long time users. This is all to say, please reach out to me via private message or email ([email protected]), and maybe we can even chat on the phone some when time permits. It will be easier for me to listen and respond 1 on 1, however I readily admit the response won't be instant. I am hopeful for what is to come, and I thank everyone for feeling so strongly about this community. Above all else it shows that you care... "the opposite of love is not hate, it is indifference".

Thread closed.

ShineKen and showme1946 like this.
  10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    even with the most liberal and misinterpreted version of our guidance Dave would have still been 3x over.

showme1946 likes this.