Testarossa Front Number Plate Mounting | FerrariChat

Testarossa Front Number Plate Mounting

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by MaseratiMike, May 10, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MaseratiMike

MaseratiMike Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Does anyone have close up pictures / diagrams of how to mount the front number plate to their Testarossa? What does the mounting brackets look like?

I am hoping there is no need to drill the front valance and is it advisable to buy the official Ferrari number plate brackets, also how do they attach i.e. from underneath the front valance/bumper??

Looking for a few ideas and I may knock up a mount out of aluminium or carbon fibre....

Thanks in advance

2. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    Whatever you do don't even consider the removable no drill mount from Carbonio. They don't fit Tr's well at all. I tried one they offer would fit all 'egg crate' grilles and when I returned mine I asked why it doesn't fit properly and was told they haven't had enough demand to make a proper fit specifically for the Tr's.

3. EDoug

EDoug Karting

Apr 19, 2005
    Southern Florida
    MM, on my '86 TR, the little aluminum angle brackets hook into each of the 4 small slot holes near the top and bottom of the two grill verticles which are about 10 inches apart in the center of the grill. I threw the little angle brackets into the tool bag's bulb kit 30 some years ago for safe keeping. I would have to dig them out to take a picture. The factory US front plate location is in the center of the grill and not below. EDoug

4. MaseratiMike

MaseratiMike Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thanks for your replies and information so far, my Testarossa is a UK / European car.... Wasn't sure how the brackets would attach - but I have noticed 4x slot holes on the front grill.

Looking at pictures of other UK/European cars the number plate is mounted below on the valance...

5. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    This is how a EU plate is mounted on a Testarossa

Attached Files: