What did you have for lunch today? | Page 75 | FerrariChat

What did you have for lunch today?

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by agup48, Aug 19, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
  2. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    #1852 TexasF355F1, May 9, 2019
    Last edited: May 9, 2019
    Taco shop down the street from the office. Nachos were good, but not great. I'll get the tacos next time. I ate it all and I'm stuffed!

Oh and I have no idea why they put rice on it. Never seen that before.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    In honor of National Moscato Day, I went to Olive Garden for a Green Apple Moscato Sangria (very refreshing) and their Lasagna Dip appetizer, and followed that up with a Limoncello Mousse for dessert.

4. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
  5. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
  6. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    I've heard of it. Is it that yellow stuff?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using FerrariChat.com mobile app

tomc likes this.
  7. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Yea a BLT minus the tomato.

8. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
  9. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Rice and beans. Added a little sofrito. The beans are tepary beans, a heritage bean from the Sonoran Desert region.
    T

10. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
  11. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Chatter Tamas tried this place when he was in DFW area a month or so ago. The missus and I were up near the tiny town of Sanger, so we decided to give it a try.

Pepper Belly is the name. It's on FM455 about a mile east of the interstate.

Their brisket. They had only chopped by the time we got there. Not as good as mine though! Nice oak smoke flavor.

Jalapeño popper. Brisket stuffed. Wrapped in bacon. A little sweet bbq sauce to go with the heat of the pepper. Fabulous!!

T

TexasF355F1 likes this.
  12. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I now have a new second-favorite drink at Bucks (nothing can displace a doppio), espresso frappucino with an extra shot, affogato style. I think that means they mix in an extra shot @ the end; not sure, it was a mobile order. Nonfat milk and light ice.
    T

13. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    arizonaitalian likes this.
  14. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    It was good. Not overly sweet like most of the frozen drinks @ Starbucks...T

15. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Oengus likes this.
  16. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    Streetsurfer likes this.
  17. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    #1867 arizonaitalian, Jun 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    So we are in WY for the summer, which means no more great ethnic food places in PHX area. So lunch is a whole lot less interesting up here :(

Last year, a very authentic (perhaps too authentic, I'll come to that momentarily) BBQ place opened up in my small town in WY. It was a HUGE addition to the dining scene here (there are literally only 4 other places to eat in town).

But, the guy that owned it is a true gem. A Georgia boy that is passionate and skilled about his BBQ, but also comes with that "will he be open or will he not be open" randomness that is part of the charm of real, local-boy-run places. Well, it turned out meeting the demands of a restaurant was too much for him (or not worth it or both). We arrived this year to see his place still there, but with new signage and real tables and chairs having replaced the costco folding chairs and plastic tables of last year. Well, we thought, at least they still only have a roll of paper towels on the table and not real napkins.

Anyways, a very nice (and ambitious) couple from the next town down have taken over from "Bo" and are making it respectable...

But...they don't know "Bo" when it comes to BBQ. Here are some pics of their offering; sausage (store bought and smoked, not made from scratch), chicken thighs, some "brisket" and pork ribs. All were lacking much smoke. The sides were scratch-made and pretty good. Especially the smoked mac and cheese, which was heavy with bacon. Overall, the food was serviceable, but the portions were small for the price and I doubt we will go back until we are well and truly tired of the other options in town. The brisket was sorta like eating scraps (and don't think yummy burnt ends, this was more like slivers you might find on a philly cheesesteak).

The two-meat platters were small portions of meat, and huge portions of sides (as you can see in the pics - those are the small sweet pickles for reference). My brisket and ribs, was something like 3 ounces of that slivered brisket stuff and 2 pork ribs (and not the giant ones either - those are just regular smallish baby backs - I've never seen a two-meat platter with only 2 smallish ribs - I'm gonna say something to the owners if we go back).

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

agup48 likes this.
  18. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    #1868 arizonaitalian, Jun 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    You might have noticed I'm not posting much food of late. Two reasons for that; First we have been traveling a lot (have visited many national parks and monuments and San Diego trip in the past 5 weeks). But also I've gotten the health-message that I need to eat healthier and lose weight. I'm down from 245 to 225 in the past 2 months and on my way hopefully to 200 (I'm 6'3"). So...lots of salads, no fatty foods, no processed foods and no sugar and very, very little carbs. Salads are my new thing. Here are a couple of homemade ones this week; First a Chef Salad and Second one Ania found online - a strawberry and ricotta salad with honey/ginger/lemon dressing. Both are "Fine"...meh. Missing my crap food. But I feel a million times better already.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    I’ve been meaning to ask; where is that salad from or did you make? If you made, please share the recipe!

20. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    It’s so good I’ll have to copy it one day. Takeout from a place by my office:

AHI TUNA CRUNCH rare ahi tuna, avocado, mango, crispy noodle, peanut, cilantro, lime ginger dressing

https://brownssocialhouse.com/erin-mills/

arizonaitalian likes this.
  21. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
  22. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    That's too bad.
    T

23. Streetsurfer

Streetsurfer Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2015
    near Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ron
  24. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Sous vide on something with such a large bone like a shank. That's not something I would have thought to try. But, looks great.
    T

25. Streetsurfer

Streetsurfer Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2015
    near Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Mmmmmmarrow.