Pista for sale...$577,000 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Pista for sale...$577,000

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 09Scuderia, May 10, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Congrats on your incoming Pista. Looking forward to the pics.

Bhh likes this.
  2. Bhh

Bhh Rookie

Dec 5, 2014
    Manhattan
    Congrats! Please post pics

Still waiting on mine

3. kimwizzzuuu

kimwizzzuuu Karting

Aug 26, 2018
    new york
    Full Name:
    Kim
    several pista already on street of Greenwich CT

Bhh likes this.
  4. Bhh

Bhh Rookie

Dec 5, 2014
    Manhattan
  5. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Interior is unique. Very different. I like it!

Bhh likes this.
  6. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    Any Pista for sale on a public website will be over priced. They are moving in the secondary market and plenty for sale but can't be shown on-line yet (hasn't passed the six month period).

In your area; ddw cars in arizona - a broker and secondary market dealer bought a Pista (believe it's from a customer of the Scottsdale dealership). I asked him how much they are going for . He told me $65K to $100K. The one he bought for re-sale was sold a few days later. Obviously, if the going rate is $65K to $100K and he bought it from a customer then that customer sold it for a lot less to him.

My other friend with $440K MSRP who is a customer but also a broker has had no bites and he wants $75K above MSRP now. (he's not allowed to advertise with the VIN yet).

of2worlds likes this.
  7. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    I know Ryan. I check out his inventory occasionally but have not seen any Pistas for sale with him. But regardless, I saw a Pilota the other day at the dealership but still no Pistas in the flesh.

8. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    I dig the dream lines on the paddles
    Nice touch

Caeruleus11 and Bhh like this.
  9. RoyalPink

RoyalPink Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2019
    Southern Utah
    Full Name:
    John D.
    Saw this Pista not too long ago at a dealer. Car was awaiting customer delivery/pickup from the looks of it.

Attached Files:

of2worlds and Bhh like this.
  10. lamborarri

lamborarri Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2015
    Have seen 4-5 different Resale Red Pistas at car shows and service but never on streets. Have seen more Senna, Ford GT, SVJ, Pagani, Eggs, Bugs etc.

I gonna do my neighbor a favor, when my pista arrives, gonna daily it for awhile.

11. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    At least 10 deliveries from the two local dealers. I know a few of the owners.

of2worlds likes this.
  12. lamborarri

lamborarri Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2015
    Easily. I have seen 4 different red ones at my local dealer. but they don't seem to drive them

13. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Dealer locally here has had a Pista for sale for months supposedly $75k over and didn’t sell. Fwiw.

14. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    I get the whole “not drive” thing, but I also really don’t get it. Especially a Pista, which isn’t numbered
    If you have so many cars in the garage that the average mileage is less than average, or if it’s just a Sunday funday drive event, fair enough.
    But if the plan is to put it in a jewel box and delude oneself with notions of Appreciation..?
    I don’t get that.

15. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
  16. bobbyd

bobbyd Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2003
    Pista deliveries in the US just started this calendar year. As usual US deliveries are delayed versus Europe, so this helps create the notion of rarity in the market. Plus with all the dealer games about no early flipping/advertising etc - the impression of scarcity is enhanced.

My feeling is at the very high MSRP it takes to buy a Pista supply will meet demand and any current premiums on Pista's will disappear in relatively short order.

In a few years Pista's will be readily available at more reasonable prices - good for drivers and maybe bad for speculators.

I don't think the model has much collectibility potential - just IMO of course.

17. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Not sure of exact math but for that money I’d get:
    16M + Scud
    16M + CS
    Speciale + Scud
    Etc.......

Shark01, galt, ShineKen and 2 others like this.
  18. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Assuming what the car dealer told you is true. (Feels funny even having to type that).

Fwiw, I’ll take the over on 600. They are no more rare than the prior “same cars”. There were only ~380 CS in the USA and perhaps 600 scuds and perhaps a few more speciale’s. Pista will be seen as often as those cars. Most of the allocations are not even built yet. And they can’t be publicly advertised yet. They will be visible, check back in 8 months.

SoCal to az likes this.
  19. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    doesn't seem rare around here, we had 6-8 at Boardwalk car show 6-8 weeks ago. I know a couple others in the area they have got them Dmark, RM, etc.

crinoid likes this.
  20. LandandcarsAZ

LandandcarsAZ Karting

Jun 14, 2018
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Forgot about this one as well. Delivered late March

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attached Files:

21. LandandcarsAZ

LandandcarsAZ Karting

Jun 14, 2018
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Robert
  22. PistaGuyAZ

PistaGuyAZ Karting

Apr 10, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ryan Woon
    Here in AZ we have only had three come in so far. Two red ones along with a red Pilota that I posted in the Pista thread that belongs to a friend of mine. Amazing cars and much better in the flesh than in pics.

of2worlds likes this.
  23. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    cutting thru the 'i heard',...'I was told'...to first-hand experiences.

In the last 30 days. I was offered a Pista Spider BUILD for what amounted to $200k over. Lusso was the admission price and their Lusso was worth $200k less the second you wrote the check. If you are interested in this deal PM and I will send you the info on the dealer.

Pista coupes are wholesaling for $85-100k over...and retailing in the $125-150k over range. They are not being advertised for the reasons stated prior. I know this because I was offered these numbers...

spyderman likes this.
  24. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I don’t know if they are telling the truth or not...just reporting what they told me.

25. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Ferrari 308 Vetro F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    Any Pista Piloti on the market?