812 Superfast in RED 20, how much longer must I wait? | FerrariChat

812 Superfast in RED 20, how much longer must I wait?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by JMJ, May 12, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JMJ

JMJ Karting

Jan 27, 2015
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey J
    Greetings, have been informed I’m in Red 20..whatever that means these days...as the system has supposedly changed. If I could get any feedback, about current Red 20, to delivery times, I would be most appreciative. As well the online system has been down for a while, and now lists my build but without other commentary.

On another note, I’ll be going to the factory June 5th, for the first time. This being the third F car I’ve ordered, I thought it appropriate that I finally see the birthplace. Had a plan in 2016 when I got my F 12, but a taxi to the airport fender bender, and delay, negated that trip.

Any and all suggestions for our 3 day stay the 4th -6th, would be welcome. I believe that we got a res at Montana, and Osteria Francescana has us on a waitlist. Am staying in Amsterdam and Paris for a bit, Then Flying to Milan, and driving down. I’m wondering about speed traps and general conditions on the ride down. Any advice would be most welcome.

JJ
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

of2worlds, RamsHmb, deltona and 3 others like this.
  2. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    My 812 is currently Stage 10R, whatever that means....

JMJ likes this.
  3. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    well, I got a speed camera ticket coming off the freeway to the sideroads to get to Maranello. I was 5 km/hr over. The limit was posted at 90 km/hr and I was going 95 km/hr. And the ticket showed up here in the US 4 months later, with a date after the date that a late fee would be imposed...and if you are in the US you can only wire EUR from a US bank. They do not accept credit cards, ACH, etc; just a wire transfer in EUR. So you don't want to get a ticket.

JMJ likes this.
  4. mjmccoymd

mjmccoymd Rookie

Aug 29, 2005
    Lawrenceville, GA (USA) & Montegridolfo, Italy
    Full Name:
    Michael McCoy
    OF is delicious, of course, but his sister restaurant, Franceschetta58, is easy to get in and has the same inspirations.

Osteria Giusti is another great place, open only for lunch. Need to call or email way in advance as it only has 4 tables!

Watch for AutoVelox signs and “boxes” which have the speed cameras. There will always be a warning sign, but I have seen the warning sign hidden behind other objects making it nearly impossible to see if you don’t know it’s there. (Revenue enhancement)

There are plenty of nice places to stay in Modena proper, so you do not need to stay in Maranello. While there are good places to stay there too, there are better food options in Modena.

of2worlds and JMJ like this.
  5. JasonN

JasonN Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Does this status show up on your MyFerrari page? I have been told my order was accepted and allocation given to my dealer. He said I won't see updates on MyFerrari but rather he will give me updates.

JMJ likes this.
  6. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Mine did not show updates on my Ferrari.

JMJ likes this.
  7. JMJ

JMJ Karting

Jan 27, 2015
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey J
    same here

8. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    10 R (=Red) means car accepted for production and no configuration changes permitted. The rest of the codes are as follows:

10 Orders Accepted (Red 10 = No Changes)
    20 Chassis Assembly (at Scaglietti)
    30 Painting
    40 Assembly Line (dash/wiring/interior/options)
    50 Assembly Line (engine/transmission)
    60 Finishing
    70 Testing (road/track)
    85 Storage
    90 Water (in transit)
    92 PDI Completed
    93 Shipping to Dealers
    94 Dealer Stock
    94 Red (Retailed)
    95 Submit To Factory

Once you get to 20, it is a approx 3 week process to get to 85 (awaiting shipping). The rest depends on your location. My car arrived yesterday, but no production photos yet!

9. JMJ

JMJ Karting

Jan 27, 2015
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey J

Thanks for this

10. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Just a quick data point that might be useful to others down the road, my car went from stage 90 to my dealer in 48 days. In the US, and naturally YMMV (literally).

11. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Any photos since this post?