Pista for sale...$577,000 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Pista for sale...$577,000

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 09Scuderia, May 10, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kevin1244

kevin1244 Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2008
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    KAA
    Nothing against Speciale or other Ferrari's. In time, I liked them for what they stood for and how they looked. Yesterday at Ferrari Challenge I had a lot more people looking at my car than any other car in the parking. AND, there were F12 TDF's, Speciale's, Scuds, and a beautiful LaFerrari in the same space. I know because I was watching the car the whole time from a distance or close by worrying about people, god forbid, touch or lean on the car...I am a bit OCD, you know!

2. kevin1244

kevin1244 Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2008
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    KAA
    uhn2000, 09Scuderia, gzachary and 3 others like this.
  3. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    Parade laps are boring in these cars.... We have a 105 db private day at Laguna Seca on 05/16. All fast guys with exotics. Might be another Pista too. Just about everyone will be sub 1:40 lap time.

If interested then let me know (about 14 cars as of this moment). Send me a PM and I'll get you in touch with the right person.

Gh21631, 09Scuderia and of2worlds like this.
  4. kevin1244

kevin1244 Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2008
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    KAA
    It used to be that they had "touring" and "sports" lapping sessions. During sports lapping, it was free passing and pretty awesome drivers, in general. Now, it's horrible, just parade, but it was my first taste of the Pista and I enjoyed it. I was at the very tail and backed off a little to create more room, got a few corners. The car is not broken in yet (600 miles needed!), so I did not go over 5500 RPM. I cannot wait for the real track sessions. I am registered for a private session in June with no sound limit (well 103db) at Laguna already. Thanks for the info; I cannot do 5/16 but please do keep me in the loop for future sessions of the kind.

5. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Sadly for u I live in Miami and I have seen more than one. U are entitled to ur opinion not to attack people. Either way basics economics will make this car not be as valuable as a speciale: it doesn’t sound like a Ferrari should; it not an N/A...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Natkingcolebasket69

Not to mention it doesn’t even perform as well as a 720s... Ferrari didn’t deliver with this one... the scud and stradale where at least for a short while the créa of the crop this wasn’t able to accomplish that... the 720lt is not even there yet...

7. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    guys, just set him to ignore.

Viperjoe likes this.
  8. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    Then let's all go out and buy a 720S.....problem solved !

Manda racing and Caeruleus11 like this.
  9. Natkingcolebasket69

#84 Natkingcolebasket69, May 12, 2019
    Last edited: May 12, 2019
    Bc u bring so much valid points to the conversation lol

10. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    Sadly for you your profile says you live in the Bay Area. Credibility = Zero.

Boomhauer and 09Scuderia like this.
  11. Natkingcolebasket69

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    View from my condo in brickel... u guys are silly... I moved to Miami a year ago and have bigger things to change my fichât profile... I have been contributing to
    This forum on the tr side for a long time so aside bickering and feeling bitter bc I am of the opinion that the pista is not an all time great u can get ur credibility 0 back where it belongs...

12. kevin1244

kevin1244 Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2008
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    KAA
    I don't have any idea what basic economics you are talking about. I would love to hear them with substantiated facts, not speculations. If you are referring to production numbers, I don't know what they are but we are well into production cycle of Pista and still not many to be seen. Just as Florida, California is full of exotics everywhere you go, not many Pista's to be seen.
    Your claims of inferior performance to 720s or not being as valuable as a Speciale because of the sound, well...there are reviews that put Pista ahead of 720s and there are reviews that they don't. Most magazine or YouTube reviews are extremely subjective. Ask the Porsche guys, they don't believe in any Ferrari performance metrics in these tests because they say Ferrari always cheats and sets up the cars with special tires or adjust suspension settings to make the Ferrari's come out ahead in every test.
    If only NA engine Ferrari's (or any brand) will be of value (monetary or otherwise); then Ferrari and all other car makers will be done very soon because NA is going out whether you like it or not.
    Have you driven a Pista? Ferrari has changed the equation wrt turbo engines. It shows absolutely no lag and it show almost completely linear response. It essentially behaves like a NA engine. From this perspective alone, Pista is a revolutionary step forward for non NA engines and will be credited as the one which started it.
    I come from Stradale's (which all Ferrari sound lovers would say one of the best ever made) and Porsche GT cars (GT3, GT3 RS); I am very very happy with Pista's sound; extremely happy. This engine makes the most pleasing sound at any RPM. Just the sound is so inviting that you want to drive the car all the time.
    Aesthetically: the car is a complete stand out; very beautiful design. Scud or Speciale never did it for me; Pista is something else. Just a very gorgeous car.

13. Natkingcolebasket69

I don’t disagree with you and appreciate someone trying to bring valid points and a constructive post with personal experience.
    I have not driven a pista no, seen quite a few in Miami at several events... by all means it is a good car and aesthetically to each their own.
    U can definitely find instances where the pista is seen as supperior as the 720s but those are rare and keep in
    Mind McLaren has not come out with the LT yet which is its equivalent model wise.
    Regarding value; the scuderia hasn’t held it to well and speciale is going slowly down I don’t see the. Pista which staying in the 500k. Personal opinion

F12JAJ and Manda racing like this.
  14. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    It doesn't really matter does it?

09Scuderia likes this.
  15. Natkingcolebasket69

Vidéo We made last week of the 720s... in
    The Bay Area... since I have to geolocalize myself ;)

16. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    "Most" people buying a Pista or any car in this range dont really care about the value appreciating or not. With this said, the Pista will either hold steady or depreciate more slowly than other comparable models. Performance is good enough and more than 99% of people on this forum can ever handle (self included). As far a exclusivity, there will be nearly as many Pisats as 720s BUT in much higher demand which will make them harder to get and more valuable.

17. Natkingcolebasket69

Totally correct !

Gh21631 likes this.
  18. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Careful, Shadow will be here soon to tell you your driving sucks and the 720 will break. :)

dustman likes this.
  19. Natkingcolebasket69

Probably does though lol;)

Gh21631 likes this.
  20. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    Who is “we?”. I was at this track day and met Sam (the one driving the car)

21. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    come on fellas...set to ignore......

Viperjoe and dustman like this.
  22. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark

Lol... sorry you didn’t get an allocation. Better luck next time.

Viperjoe likes this.
  23. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark

If you live in Miami why does your profile say Bay Area?

24. kevin1244

kevin1244 Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2008
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    KAA
    I would argue Speciale has kept up in value pretty well. They are selling just over or just under MSRP. Low mileage ones are selling very nicely. For a car that is NOT numbered, I would say pretty good deal to get your money back after so many years of use. Further, you should not expect an appreciation for any model that is NOT numbered and is NOT older than 30 years. Stradale, which has the lowest production numbers compared to Scud, Speciale, or Pista (and even lower than F40!), still sells around MSRP; has not appreciated at all (except for one special case in an auction a few years ago, one sold for over $350k, I believe.) At some point in 2008-2009, you could buy a Stradale for under $150k! Now they are around $190k-$250k depending on the condition and mileage (and things like OEM stripe.) I had two of them in the past...
    So, IMO, speculating about future values of Pista is more than a little premature. (disclaimer: as I have stated before, I really don't care one way or another. I want to enjoy the car. I don't see any value in investing in cars; otherwise, I would have been a collector or a dealer - I am neither.)

Bhh, DKM, johnr265 and 5 others like this.
  25. Natkingcolebasket69

Very well said and put; it is awesome that u drive ur car and I do hope they will bring u all u wish for and more.
    I was a big fan of the stradale and then scuderia and I sure agree on ur valuation assessment/observation.

Bhh and kevin1244 like this.