Water wash or waterless wash? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Water wash or waterless wash?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by FerrariGirl22, May 3, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. davetilstone

davetilstone Rookie

Feb 7, 2017
    Miami
    For waterless I’d recommend Optimum No Rinse car wash commonly known as ONR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FerrariGirl22 likes this.
  2. eyeman1234

eyeman1234 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 25, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Ceramic coating is awesome- but only do it after A+ paint correction. Optimum No-rinse is great as a wash or quick detailer. You can even use 2 gallons of distilled
    water. Blow off most of the water. Easy!

3. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Black sucks. Don't ask me how I know this.

4. eyeman1234

eyeman1234 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 25, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
  5. FerrariGirl22

FerrariGirl22 Karting

Jul 23, 2018
    I just bought the ONR since I don't have the tools to power wash and blow dry my car...lol. Is the ONR Wash and Shine or the ONR Wash and Wax better? I went with the Wash and Wax because the product description said it's the same as the Wash and Shine but with additional wax properties.

6. FerrariGirl22

FerrariGirl22 Karting

Jul 23, 2018
    Awesome Nospinzone! So helpful!

Nospinzone likes this.
  7. FerrariGirl22

FerrariGirl22 Karting

Jul 23, 2018
    Can't wait to try mine out! Did you get the Wash and Shine or Wash and Wax?

8. LI2782

LI2782 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 19, 2010
    I’ve used both and don’t see any difference. Probably don’t see a different because I use optiseal as a drying aid

FerrariGirl22 and eyeman1234 like this.
  9. eyeman1234

eyeman1234 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 25, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    I use a leaf blower to remove most of the water and ONR WASH AND SHINE- (I never tried ONR WASH AND WAX)- my detailer also uses Opti-seal when drying with a MF towel.
    ONR is also good for places where water conservation is required- you only need to use one bucket of water- and NO Rinse is required- an option!

10. jjtjr

jjtjr Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    john truskowski
    I have found that I usually just have garden-variety dust on my cars (especially fiberglass Corvette), So I just blow off car with compressed air (I have a drier on my system) right after getting home. Then a fiber towel with VERY little to no downward applied pressure if it needs it. Wheels get a spray cleaner with cloth to remove brake dust. If the car still looks dirty or dusty after blowing it off, then a 2 bucket wash it gets. I am just careful about covering up the engine compartment to prevent water from getting into electrical connectors and causing corrosion. I know Bosch connectors from the mid 90's on these Ferrari's do a better job at keeping moisture in than keeping it out.

11. eyeman1234

eyeman1234 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 25, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    GTechniq W4 Citrus Foam is great for a pressure washer leaving a clean surface on a ceramic coated car

12. FerrariGirl22

FerrariGirl22 Karting

Jul 23, 2018
    Good to know! I ended up getting the ONR Wash and Wax.

13. FerrariGirl22

FerrariGirl22 Karting

Jul 23, 2018
    I’ll need to try this Opti-seal!

14. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    Technically waterless wash and rinseless wash are different, and it seems they are getting mixed up in this thread.

If you are spraying the solution and then wiping, it is waterless.

If you are dumping a washcloth into a bucket of solution, then it is rinseless.

Waterless is only safe on barely dirty cars. Rinseless wash has a far greater safety net at cleaning dirtier cars.

15. FerrariGirl22

FerrariGirl22 Karting

Jul 23, 2018
    Thanks for the clarification! Definitely want to do rinseless rather than waterless if it's safer.

16. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Hi, I use Griots waterless car wash. There is a place for waterless solutions but only between regular washes when there is just a minute amount of dust on the car. If you’re a fanatic like me I use a spray detailer regularly even when I haven’t driven the car for a couple of days. All the ones you mention are fine but bottom line if you are going to use one apply it very liberally to avoid scratching the clear coat.

17. FerrariGirl22

FerrariGirl22 Karting

Jul 23, 2018
    Oh ok cool. I've heard good things about Griots also! Awesome, just washed my car yesterday with the ONR and used a liberal amount of product.

Graz likes this.
  18. Malcola

Malcola Rookie

Jan 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    Malcola
    A question I’ve had but never asked ,maybe someone could help me with. I have self healing PPF on all the exposed painted surfaces on my 488 Spider. When there’s light dust/ pollen on the car I’ll use a California Duster to get the stuff off figuring that whatever swirls or micro scratches I might get are in the PPF and by letting the car sit in the sun they should “self heal”. Am I wrong ?

19. eyeman1234

eyeman1234 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 25, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
  20. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    There is another thread going in the detailing section on ceramic coatings. I just posted there the results of my ceramic coating adventure last Friday. I think it addresses some of the issues discussed here:

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/ceramic-pro-coating.523406/page-14

By the way Everyman1234. Thanks for the heads up on the GTechniq W4 Citrius Foam. That is what the Ceramic Pro installer recommended as well. My Ferrari was the first car to undergo this adventure and now on to the other two cars (black 65 Vette and electric blue Macan—should be interesting these are colors that show everything). I am sure i will be going through the Foam so I ordered a gallon. :(

21. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    FerrariGirl22, if you look at the pictures of my car that I just posted on the above link you will see there is no need to worry about being less shiny with the bra. With the 10 year old clear bra (obviously not current state of the art) and ceramic coating, the bra is invisible and the entire car is like liquid glass.

22. eyeman1234

eyeman1234 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 25, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    The Citrus foam is VERY concentrated so in a foam cannon a little bit goes a LONG way... A gallon will take you 10 years to use

FerrariGirl22 and RonH like this.
  23. FerrariGirl22

FerrariGirl22 Karting

Jul 23, 2018
    Thanks Ron! Good to know! Yeah, I can't even tell there's anything on there. Your car looks great!

RonH likes this.
  24. APA#1

APA#1 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Central Florida
    You should check out http://www.nospotspro.com if you are interested in a spot free rinse.

25. FerrariGirl22

FerrariGirl22 Karting

Jul 23, 2018
    Thanks Dbacr! I'll look into it!