Pulled the trigger on a 2008 612 OTO | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Pulled the trigger on a 2008 612 OTO

Discussion in '612/599' started by Vroom1234, May 9, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Vroom1234

Vroom1234 Karting

Apr 16, 2019
    New York
    Full Name:
    Josh Rosner
    I thought the major service was closer to $4,800. Am I incorrect? I plan on having not done as soon as I take delivery. That is why I am looking for a recommendation for service.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I was just giving the ballpark for the belt service, not any other services.

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Try Bradan. They are a sponsor here and are in Ronkonkoma, NY, on Long Island. They will pick up and deliver your 612, I believe. Very highly recommended.

lee-o and Anthony James like this.
  4. Soto Veloce

Soto Veloce Karting

Aug 7, 2005
    Spokane, WA
    Full Name:
    Chris Heller
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Josh,

I agree entirely about StickyRx and Dave Lelonek. Great work. Excellent customer service.

I was delighted to find out that the previous owner of my car had already sent the majority of the interior components to StickyRx for refinishing. My 612 even has a number of trim pieces that are finished in Cuoio rather than black, which they matched flawlessly.

This winter I had them refinish the headrest/seatbelt anchors and the trim pieces behind the seat release levers(don’t do this by the way as it is nearly impossible to get the seat release levers off without breaking off the tips and I have discovered that replacement levers are no longer available). I had the leather-trimmed surround for the passenger seat controls redone as well, as it had a small gouge.

They did a great job, but as you will see from the attached invoices it is not an inexpensive proposition. None of this cost includes disassembly or reassembly of the interior parts, which in this case was done by me and the previous owner.

Can’t argue with the results, though...

lee-o and RonH like this.
  5. Vroom1234

Vroom1234 Karting

Apr 16, 2019
    New York
    Full Name:
    Josh Rosner
    Thank you for the great advice and insight. I think I may live with it a while and see how much it bothers me

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    Chris, thanks for the detailed post. It appears that I inverted the name of Sticky No More and Sticky RX in my prior post (I have always found the two names too similar and confusing). I meant Dave Lelonek (aka Dave Rocks) at Sticky RX in my post.

I wonder why Dave was banned. I always found his posts very informative and he was always helpful to the other members. Wish he was still here.

7. Diny

Diny Karting

Jun 24, 2017
    Bradan hasn't been in Ronkonkoma for years. They are in West Babylon now.

Another independent shop that many local Ferrari owners swear by is Universal Autosports in Glen Cove.

8. cgt000

cgt000 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2014
    Northeast
    Bradan did the service on my 2009 few months ago. Top notch service.

9. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    RonH likes this.
  10. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    Thanks Paul. I actually did read the whole thing. Incredibly painful! All I can say is there are no winners here. FChat is a loser, Dave is a loser and all members are losers. Basically Rob is saying Never and Dave is saying Never.

Hopefully like a James Bond film we have Never say Never Again! I sincerely hope that is the case because I personally miss Dave’s light hearted commentary and kindness. He made this site a better place.

11. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    congrats on the car. BRADAN is more than capable. Dan has worked on my OTO for years.

12. Anthony James

Anthony James Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2012
    Essex
    congrats on your new ride Josh. You may need to fit in VEE12 some how on your user name. I enjoy my 612, its an elegant ride.

13. DP1973

DP1973 Rookie

May 4, 2019
    Full Name:
    Dhiren
    Vroom, what happened! I see the 2008 612 OTO car is still at Porsche Arlington and now lowered in price??

14. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    thats weird...

15. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    wow, I can't believe that Ferrari at 2008 still had sticky interior problems. I always thought it was an 80s/90s thing. At what year did Ferrari decide to throw whoever manufactured their plastic parts into hell?

16. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Don't new Ferraris still use the same process today?

paulchua likes this.
  17. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Wow, really?!

18. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I had not realized the base price went up over $37k from the 2007 to the 2008 OTO. I had not seen the sticker for an 07 before. I have the sticker on my car so I knew the 08 OTO price. Did the 09 & 10 cars have similar increases or did the base price hold at $312k?

19. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    my 09 base was $313,088

20. F612

F612 Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2018
    Leeds,AL
    Full Name:
    David D. Hood
    My US 2008 OTO base was $313,088 plus $450 for “prep”.

21. F612

F612 Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2018
    Leeds,AL
    Full Name:
    David D. Hood
    No!
    It was &312,088 plus $450

22. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    My July 2008 car was 312,008 plus "prep" and "freight" and "gas guzzler."

23. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Thanks all, It looks like the base price on the early OTO cars was $312,088 + 450 Dealer Prep + $1,500 Destination chg. = $314,038 (I didn't see a gas guzzler charge on my sticker which was a NJ delievery) and not much of a price increase for 2009 -$1,000. But over the life of the 612 it seems there was a substantial price increase from the early gen 1 cars to the OTO cars.

Also does anyone have any idea what the item "Other Options" for $32,499 includes? I have seen it before on some OTO car stickers and my car has that option and I can’t figure it out. I noticed the sticker on Post #3 has the HGT2 option but didn't have the "Other Options" item, perhaps interior leather upgrade, CF and two tone interior colors? Does anyone else have that option package and knows or ordered their car new so actually checked that box so knew what they were getting?

24. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I think "Other Options" just meant there were too many to list individually, so they lumped them all together into that one line. So it means different things on different cars.

25. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Randy- Have your dealer use MODIS to print out a build sheet (with assembly number) or an options sheet (w/o assembly number) and it will spell out all those other options, all the colors, etc. No prices, but detailed info otherwise. Here is an example from a late 575M:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

cgt000 likes this.