Do you acknowledge other Ferraris ? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Do you acknowledge other Ferraris ?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ajr550, May 6, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Back'n'Black

Back'n'Black Karting

Aug 8, 2017
    Roseville, CA
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Hey!.....I do that too! I like to tell other people that they're "Number One".

I won't share what kind of cars they usually drive, as I'll probably offend a great deal of members here (I'm trying to come up with a "Number Two" reference, but it's just not coming to me).

2. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    It's odd, I'll go 3-4 months without seeing one and then a few in a row. In just the past 10 days a 720, 600LT, 650S and two 570S.

3. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    Jeep Wrangler modded for off road: always a 4 finger wave off the top of the steering wheel(never get it from base models) to fellow Wrangler off-roaders
    Motorcycles: almost all give the low and away off the left handlebar to fellow bikers except for the occasional Harley snob. The sport bikes especially the Italians almost all acknowledge Ferrari’s in some fashion
    Ferraris: wave or nod to each other often even here on Long Island and the occasional shift to neutral to rev to the redline. I return the favor since we are speaking the same language

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

4. andyww

andyww F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2011
    London
    Exactly this. I live in London and drive in Surrey/Sussex and there are so many Ferraris nobody takes any interest. What I drive my Lotus Esprit I always get a wave from other Lotus owners and huge interest in the car from passers-by and when parking etc.
    This also applies to car meets. No interest in the F, but people snapping away with phone cams in the Esprit.

5. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    Bikers don't (generally) wave, they use the 'extend the hand low and slow' technique.

jcurry,
    Good observation. Actually depends on the type of bike. The "low and slow" is typically used by Harley's, while sport-bike riders will tend to raise two fingers off the clutch handle.

jcurry likes this.
  6. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I do acknowledge and get a response every time, there was only once when a guy in a 360 ignored me.

7. colombo2cam

colombo2cam Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ted
    I always give a slight raise of the hand don't want to get to carried away any type of waving motion cause I'm :cool: almost always get a wave back

8. mswiek

mswiek Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2004
    Most of the time try to do so with a wave or headlight flash. Majority of times get some sort of response back -- flashing headlights, wave etc. Interestingly, I get at least as many waves, headlight flashes, nods and smiles when driving my 1980 Volvo 242 GT. I guess rarity, exclusivity and driving fun doesn't have to be expensive.

9. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    I used to, but not anymore, there are so many Ferraris being driven in the world today by people who in my opinion ( present company excluded lol ) have no business behind the wheel, they are in it for status, they would not even begin to know how drive them quick, know the history of Ferrari and so forth and so on. I would not have anything in common with them, they might as well be in a Toyota...Never mind asking them if they know how to left foot brake while they confuse on which paddle is up and which is down. Its no wonder there are and endless amount of you tube videos showing how these idiots have wrapped their exotics around trees and whatever else destroying a once beautiful machine...

Thank you

Reacherman1022 likes this.
  10. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I still wave because that's way too much information for me to process in the couple seconds that I see the car and have time to wave. :D

11. Floydison

Floydison Karting

Dec 25, 2016
    I get this too! When I'm driving the Exige all kinds of bikers wave/give thumbs up. That usually doesn't happen in the 458, but I still wave/thumbs people driving cool cars.

In the 458 I get much more attention from people in "normal" cars though.

12. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    In my part of the world when I am in a Ferrari, other Ferrari guys are usually doing 5 under the speed limit, talking on their phone, primping their hair and sipping a latte. They are usually far too important to acknowledge another Ferrari and wave!

The McLaren guys always wave..... when I see them!

13. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Yes. I wave or flash but sightings here are few and far between.

Ciao bella.

14. BTDT

BTDT Rookie

Apr 14, 2018
    Global
    Full Name:
    RJ Nassar
    I do give a nod or a thumbs up if I know the other Ferrari is away of me.

15. redcarz

redcarz Rookie

Apr 17, 2007
    when i had a 355 only saw other ferrari's once or twice and got the wave or thumbs up, i don't recall seeing any other ferrari's
    since owning a 360 , but vette's - alfa's-muscle cars- pick-ups just about everyone waves, except porsche and maserati's they have never waved, not sure why but it's all good