Speed Camera Jamming Devise | FerrariChat

Speed Camera Jamming Devise

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Fixer03, May 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JimPVB

JimPVB Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    Florida
    That's the downside of jammers, they're detectable because there's feedback to the operator.

Jim

2. Fixer03

Fixer03 Karting

Nov 1, 2015
    Sounds very harsh 2 months in prison to me. Not sure what his previous convictions for driving were though, I would suggest pretty bad to serve time as apparently he was not speeding at the time, contrary to what the write up says.

3. tonyswfla

tonyswfla Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 2, 2007
    Florida
    all for a BMW LOL

4. JimPVB

JimPVB Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    Florida

Agree, that guy gave up his job as well (not sure if he got his car back). According to the article, the police said he was likely exceeding the speed limit. Obviously couldn't prove that because of the jammer, so the charge was "perverting the cause of justice" (I doubt that would be valid in the U.S., it's too general a law, assuming that's accurate.) Radar jammers are illegal in many states, I think I recently read another article somewhere that indicated someone received a $2500 fine (IIRC) for having a jammer, but no jail time.)

Jim

5. Raydog9379

Raydog9379 Karting

Jan 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Europe is a different world. I think I have 2 different countries where I may get in trouble when I go back.

Early 20's I used to fly to London nearly every weekend (was cheap, and company paid for us to either travel home or to alternative location if it was cheaper than going home). Any event, buddy and I would rent the nicest cars we could from Avis/Hertz at the time (usually an E class or something along those lines). As we'd go past the speed cameras at high speed, we'd stick our heads out the windows and flick them off. Did this dozens of times, never got a bill from Avis or Hertz though.

Another time, I was in Switzerland driving back to the airport at 7am on a Sunday morning with my now wife. I got hit for going 7km over (what is that 4mph?). They sent me a nasty letter (had to get someone to translate it) demanding I show up in court and pay several hundred in fines or face arrest. I pretended I never received anything, and it's been over 15 years. I need to remember that when I'm in Germany and Austria in June... that I don't zip over the border to Switzerland.

Meanwhile when I was in Italy driving a Ferrari, I had no issues. There are a few speed cameras around but they have signs to warn you about them ahead of time.

In many states, Laser jamming/interference is illegal... but radar jamming is just fine. Don't get why it's any different. If you shoot something at my personal space, you've let that go and I can do with it as I please (whether that is a signal or something else).

Napoli and of2worlds like this.
  6. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    It should be clarified that Radar DETECTION is legal in many places. Radar JAMMING is extremely illegal...as in felony and you're going to go to prison illegal.