Best exhaust for the ff | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Best exhaust for the ff

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Woppum, Feb 7, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    I have new to me 2015 FF 4100. Miles it come with ipE F1 sounds great, I’ve never heard of them can anyone
    tell me more about them, my choice would have been Novitec

2. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    I have never modded my car, but I am very curious about the aftermarket exhaust for the FF. I should be getting one soon. How much should I be looking at for the novitec or capristo exhaust system including installation? Does dealer install the system?

3. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    Save the money and waiting time and go with Capristo. Had them on one of my FF's and currently on my GTC4L as well as my F12B....

4. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Sorry to hijack the thread but what setup do you have on the Lusso?

5. Sean@TAG

Sean@TAG Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Feb 25, 2015
    PM Headed your way!

6. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    X-pipe from day one, then added capristo rear boxes and pulled vacuum lines....she is truly perfect.....I’m not a fan of NR rear boxes unless you go with their inconel which is unnecessary on GTC4L.....the boxes are over silent with exhaust valves closed and when open they are not that different from Capristo which come in 35% less in cost....lastly I like that capristo manufacture their own products whereas NR outsource almost all to Fuchs.....

7. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Do you have a recording on the Capristo? I have an incoming Lusso later this year. I added the Capristo remote controller to my F12 which made a nice difference sub 3000rpm but I’m reading that on the Lusso it hardly makes any difference?

8. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    No I don’t unfortunately.

It does make a difference to have remote with stock as well as x-pipe - also with the stick rear boxes - capristo is a subtle yet very nice difference - not at all “too much” especially if you use the x-pipe

deltona likes this.
  9. speedbird1000

speedbird1000 Rookie

Jun 29, 2008
    Europe
    I got novitec ECUs, high flow cats (100cell), capristo X pipe and valved novitec silencers on my f12. Absolutely amazing. Thank god I can switch to quiet on start up, it's still very loud but nothing like cold start up with valves open = neighbours completely freaking out. Can switch to quiet in sport, but heavy throttle opens valves, close again on lift off. Drone with valves open is v slight, zero drone with valves closed, v quiet on light throttle which is great when you want a moment of relatively low attention !!!

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

10. speedbird1000

speedbird1000 Rookie

Jun 29, 2008
    Europe
  11. trygve11

trygve11 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 20, 2008
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Jason Hagen
    The FF sport exhaust sounds pretty darn great. Are you all upgrading the stock (non sport) system or the sport exhaust option? If upgrading the sport exhaust, why?

12. msgm1

msgm1 Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    NYC
    What is the sports exhaust option on the FF, i never knew there was such a thing?

13. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    It was just a different look to the pipes. Not a different exhaust from what I remember

Sent from my BBB100-3 using Tapatalk

otakki, F12KID and deltona like this.
  14. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Hi, guys, does anyone know how much the dealer is usually charging for installing the exhaust system? Thanks

15. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    Why go with a capristo x-pipe when everything else is NR...???

16. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    Correct sir!

17. timjen88

timjen88 Karting

Aug 20, 2015
    Colorado/Palm Springs
    By sport exhaust, is that an option or different sound when driving in Sport mode? Thanks.

18. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    it was an option but just aesthetic

F12KID likes this.
  19. andyrichter

andyrichter Karting

Jul 18, 2017
    Oahu
    Is the stock exhaust or capristo exhaust with valves closed too loud in the morning with cold starts? I’m worried of waking the neighbors.

20. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Both the stock and aftermarket exhaust have the valve open at startup son they’re both equally as loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. timjen88

timjen88 Karting

Aug 20, 2015
    Colorado/Palm Springs
    I have the stock exhaust and always wait till late morning for start ups as to not bother the neighbors, I think it's very loud at cold start ups.

22. andyrichter

andyrichter Karting

Jul 18, 2017
    Oahu
    Is there a way to close the valves immediately after the car is started?

23. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    confirmed by ferrari and novitec, NO!

24. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Unfortunately the valves have to start open. There is too much stress on them to stay closed for long periods of time. If they start open and use vacuum to build pressure there is less of a failure rate.

25. uberwag

uberwag Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 17, 2016
    Winter Park, FL
    Full Name:
    Preston
    #50 uberwag, Jan 26, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
    Re-upping this thread to see if there are new insights out there about FF exhaust options. I figured a summary below might help - would love for folks to chime in with their updated experiences (especially for the options that haven't been talked about much).

From what I see, there are about three price tiers, and focusing on mufflers only (since x-pipes are a bit of a common/commodity add-on as far as I understand). Not including/factoring in downpipes/cat deletel/high flow cats in this list:

Bottom tier
    • 'Rev9' eBay valved exhaust: no reviews from forum members, one video on YouTube. Nothing good ever came from an eBay exhaust, though strangely the Audi R8 guys seem to like this
    Mid-tier:
    • Kline valved exhaust: no reviews from forum members that I saw, one YouTube vendor video of full system with cats. Would be really interested in feedback here! I know they make good stuff, and priced well.
    • Tubi-Style valved exhaust: no reviews from forum members, one pretty weak vendor video on YouTube, but would think that other have tried this. Any feedback?
    • FI Frequency Intelligence valved exhaust: no reviews from forum members for FF, but numerous videos out there - has anyone tried this on the forum? Feedback on FI products? The pitch seems racier to my ears than the Capristo on videos, but hard to count on that.
    • Capristo valved exhaust: several positive reviews from forum members, a number of videos; comments about lower tone (vs higher pitch tone) and being comparatively quiet. Universally agreed that this is a high quality.
    Upper tier:
    • Novitec valved exhaust: lots of reviews, few negatives outside of ridiculous price, universal praise for pitch/tone
    • iPE valved exhaust: no reviews from forum members
    Is there any that I'm missing missing? Doesn't look like Fabspeed, ArmyTrix, Akrapovic have systems for the FF, though they do for the F12