Used FF or new Panamera Turbo? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Used FF or new Panamera Turbo?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Georgemaser, Mar 18, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    If you leave behind how much better car the Lusso is (in a matter of fact I've never heard for many problems with the Lusso and I also never heard about a Porsche, that doesn't break :) , so if you leave behind those things... think about depreciation and I guess the Panamera will make even less sense :)

And let's also admit, that the Panamera is ugly AF! :D

Jaguar36 likes this.
  2. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    You're pulling our leg, right? :confused:

fineito likes this.
  3. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    Do you think any of the things I said is not true?

4. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    i like ff/lusso more than panamera but to be fair, pana is very reliable and much more so than any ferrari. plus while pana depreciates a lot, its not going to lose $200k in 5 yrs like ff does.

5. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    The thread is about NEW Panamera and USED FF. And can absolutely not agree, that the Panamera Turbo is more reliable than a FF. It just isn't.

6. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    you would be more confident in a used ff than a new panamera?! i had a 1st gen pana4s for 4 yrs with never an issue

Boomhauer likes this.
  7. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    Sure. All Ferraris after 2010 are as reliable as they should be. I don't want to spam the thread with this, but as the Ferraris are getting more and more reliable, the Porsches are starting to be not as reliable as they were. And there is no such thing as a model without ANY problems anyway. It's a car after all.

And again , the reliability and the depretiation are 2 main subjects, but let's not forget the looks, the interior, the driving experience and THE SOUND :)

timjen88 likes this.
  8. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

The FF took time to grow on me though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. yamashek

yamashek Rookie

Jun 5, 2006
  10. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    ferrari v12. yup!

11. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Well I was focusing on your comment that you never heard of a Porsche that didn't break. I would say there is not a car made today, or ever made, that didn't break, even a Ferrari. ;)

As far as depreciation, certainly in raw dollars the FF has more, but as a percentage to purchase price or MSRP, I really don't know how much difference there is between the two. Maybe the Panamera does depreciate more, I'd like you to show us the numbers.

12. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    Of course there isn't a car these days, that can't break and that's exacly my point, as I said in my last post.

Anyway, FFs will probably not get any lower than they are now and as for the Panameras - the first ones are now about 20 000 Euro I think, so what more to be said? :)

13. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    As I said, you can't go by raw dollars, or euros as it were. By what percentage to MSRP does the Panamera depreciate more than a FF? Those are the numbers I'd like you to show us.

14. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    That's not the subject, my friend. The subject is for a USEd FF and NEW Panamera Turbo. So I have already told you the numbers.

15. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    Anyway, since I decided to look the prices a little bit... A new 2012 FF here was about 270 000 Euro. Now the average price is about 140-150 000 Euro, which is about 55% of the original price. A new 2012 Panamera I think was about 100 000 Euro. Now they are about 30 000 Euro and for sure they will continue to depreciate like the Cayennes and will hit 10 000 Euro at some point. And the FF will not. The FF is much more desireable than the 612 because of the storage space and 4x4 system. Probably 100 000 Euro is the lowest it will ever get. So do you have any other offtopic questions or that will be all? :)

16. 2HotShoes

2HotShoes Karting

Sep 2, 2015
    Chicago, IL USA
    Full Name:
    Tal & Beryl
    This isn’t a serious question is it? It can’t be. Yeah, must be a joke...