F348 TB and GTB Mousetrack Seatbelt Wiring | FerrariChat

F348 TB and GTB Mousetrack Seatbelt Wiring

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Qavion, May 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Just trying to resolve the wiring for the mousetrack seatbelt wiring and came across some unexpected wires.

e.g. Three wires going to each diagonal belt reel. I believe there is a locking solenoid in the belts, but why would this need 3 wires?

I don't have the driver's manual for these cars or access to these cars, so I'm not completely familiar with the finer operational details and these type belts are not mentioned in the workshop manuals which are available to me.

The official Ferrari wiring diagram stops at the 9-pin connector under the seat and no wiring is shown for the mousetrack. Looking at online photos of the mousetrack assembly, on the GTB/GTS, 6 used wires at the plug become 10 wires at the various sub-components:

Bi-directional motor (2 wires, red and black)
    Backup receptacle microswitch (2 wires, both green)
    Sensor at end of track under dashboard (2 wires - blue and black)
    Mouse "home" position (4 wires??? Not sure of the colours... green, black, orange, brown?)

Are there two microswitches inside the seat belt home position? Perhaps one for position reporting for motor control and one for seat belt light extinguishing? There doesn't seem to be any wiring in the lap belt.

There are so many wires, even if I, in theory, splice all the earth wires together. I still seem to have one wire going nowhere.

Has anyone looked at this issue before or might have an old harness hanging about?

The TB and TS wiring may resolve itself after I have figured out the GTB/GTS wiring.

Thanks.

2. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Unfortunately my automatic seatbelts never worked since the day I bought my car. I eventually completely removed the whole thing and threw it in the trash. One thing that many be of some use though. The madmouse ecu is responsible in large part for the electrical drawn that causes the batteries to lose their charge so fast, when the car sits for extended periods. That's about all I know. Wish I could be of better help.

Qavion likes this.
  3. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Thanks, Ernie.
    I'm just trying to demystify the system. In some cases there may be easy fixes. Unfortunately, the system seems somewhat counter-intuitive.

Here's a photo of the seatbelt reel showing three wires.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell