Goodwood FOS | FerrariChat

Goodwood FOS

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by davem, May 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    Coming back to visit 1st week of July. Thinking about going to the FOS on day 1 Thursday. Only day available for me...
    Coming from London. Grandstand or the package starting at 199 the way to go?? Do you get better access with the package?
    Is Mass transit a viable option for getting there or will I need to rent a car?

Thanks guys!

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    I love going by train as its so much more relaxing as the drive and the queues to park are usually horrid then there are dedicated buses for the last couple of miles plus you get to snooze on the way back !

Never not had basic admission because you spend so much time walking up and down the hill and through the paddocks that its not necessary plus further up the hill one can watch the cars just fine

davem likes this.
  3. Ricky Angel

Ricky Angel Rookie

Nov 20, 2017
    Full Name:
    Ricky Angel
    Personally I wouldn't bother with the hospitality package as you will spend all day walking about and exploring the vast site anyway. I always go for a roving grandstand pass as you get a better view and it's nice to have somewhere to sit down, especially if it's smashing it down with rain or burning hot (it's normally one or the other!). That said, you might find yourself not watching much track action as there is so much else to look at. I've only ever driven there (there is a special carpark if you have a supercar) so can't really comment on the public transport but I've heard it's pretty good. I go every year, it's a brilliant day out. You will love it.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

davem likes this.
  4. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Only been once, awesome!

As others have said, only did general admin, but spent most of that in the paddock drooling over the cars and the rest wondering around! (Don't forget to wonder around the supercar public car park..suppose to be better than most any cars and coffee!)

There is a "getting here" bit on their website, buried at the bottom. Sorry cant seem to cut and paste the link in at the moment.

Enjoy

davem likes this.
  5. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    Thanks everyone! Last minute trip, normally would catch a football game. Little late for that!

6. magic

magic Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2004
    London
    Tried both driving and public transport. Like others I’ve been going for 7/8 years now.
    I found driving to be the easiest. Get as early as possible and you won’t have to spend an hour in the traffic. Roving grandstand tickets are the best.
    The only other to note is that Thursday is usually the quietest day.