Daytona on BaT | FerrariChat

Daytona on BaT

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by donv, May 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Beautifully presented (as always) by A-GC... the video alone is worth posting, but the photography is amazing:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1971-ferrari-365-gtb-4-daytona-coupe-3/

I've seen this car in person several times, and it blows me away that, as far as anyone knows, it was last painted in the 1970s. It's a lovely, subtle color and a perfect combo with that interior.

I'm not in anyway connected with the car or the seller (other than as a customer), I just thought it would be of interest to the group from a video and image point of view.

365gtfr, kiesan, Hoodude and 4 others like this.
  2. 365gtfr

365gtfr Karting

Dec 8, 2016
    France
    very nice car and video, thanks for the link !

Hoodude likes this.
  3. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Love everything about the Listing. Photos are excellent and video is awesome. Not a fan of the color, But it is a pretty combo.

4. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I think it's funny that in the comments there are some arguments about the color-- "it's rosso this" or slightly the wrong shade to be correct. In the 1970s, no one cared if it was "correct"-- all they cared about was if they thought it looked good!

open roads likes this.
  5. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    And the colors could change annually. I had a 1972 Russo Chiaro Daytona with original paint. And I think that color was that way (a burgundy) that year only.

EDIT

Oh geez!! I should have looked at the link first. I guess Russo Chiaro was like that in '71 too. Because that's it !

I'll weigh in over there to help the guys out there.

6. carguyjohn350

carguyjohn350 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    John P
    Whats the most money a car has ever brought on BAT?

7. nis1973

nis1973 Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2013
    NYC/CT
    I remember a Lancia Aurelia America Spider hitting a million on BAT. Not sure if it sold.

carguyjohn350 likes this.
  8. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Highest bid they have had is $3.125m for a La Ferrari, They have also had a Gullwing bid to $1.1m and the Aurelia at $1m. The highest sale to date I know of is a Lancia Stratos sold for $475k. However the Gullwing also current listed is currently at $1m and is no reserve.