My father passed away recently. Photos of his classic Ferraris. | FerrariChat

My father passed away recently. Photos of his classic Ferraris.

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 4thGen, May 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4thGen

4thGen Rookie

May 16, 2019
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    L. Kitt Tucker IV
    My father wasn't a collector. He daily-drove his Ferraris. Every day, every where. Torrential rain? Ferrari. 15 miles to/from work and stuck in traffic? Ferrari. Take me to elementary school? Ferrari. Drive me and two friends to the movies? Ferrari. Two friends in the passenger seat and me on the e-brake. Mom's car? Red Dino. (not pictured). He never kept them for more than a few years. He drove them, loved them, and sold them. There are a lot of Dad's cars that I can't find photos, such as his red 328 GTS, black Boxer 512, and mom's red Dino, but I'll make sure and post them should they appear.

Rest in peace, Dad. You were awesome. Thanks for everything.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

rob, Modena_2003, gzachary and 102 others like this.
  2. Scott98

Scott98 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2004
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Sorry about your father’s passing. He had an amazing collection. You must have tremendous memories.

3. Bigilo

Bigilo Karting

Sep 28, 2013
    San Antonio, Texas
    Wow what a great collection of prancing horses! My condolences on your fathers passing, but it looks like he had an excellent life. If cars are a measure of such things (they are).

4. Dbacr

Dbacr Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 1, 2015
    Ft lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Obviously a man of distinction and great taste. My condolences. You never get over it, only through it. All the best to you.

5. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I think of my dad a lot while driving my Ferrari. He was very proud of our Italian heritage, and he'd have loved to drive/ride in an F-car.
    And, I'd love to have given him that opp, but he passed away long ago, way too young. It's cool to see you honor your dad's memory.
    My condolences on his passing, and my congratulations to you for having such an awesome dad. Forza!
    T

jehu999, daytona355, ralfabco and 5 others like this.
  6. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Wow! Did he ever write down any of his stories?

daytona355 and 4thGen like this.
  7. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    a wonderful post your dad certainly had great taste in cars looks like a nice man .. I know there is not a day that I do not think of my dad who passed away about 10years ago .. thanks for posting this and you take care wonderful memories...

8. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Sorry about your father's passing. What a wonderful legacy of memories he created with his passion.

9. 4thGen

4thGen Rookie

May 16, 2019
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    L. Kitt Tucker IV
    Unfortunately not. He was very humble and rarely talked about himself.

One story I remember, while we were building our house, we didn't have anywhere to keep the P3 & P4. The temporary house we were staying was small with only a small garage which he kept his daily driving Ferrari. He ended up building a small lawn mower shack with no floor that was made of vinyl which he used to house both cars. He "locked it" with a small chain and a master lock. I remember always sitting in those cars, tires were flat, pretending I was a race car driver.

Another one I remember is he and Gene Hackman got their Ferraris mixed up. Gene got his and he got Gene's. They ended up meeting up and swapping cars.

He also bought a couple Ferraris from Tom Meade, the guy who built the Thomassima, a P3 one-off (iirc). There's a website with a great story of Tom. http://thomassima.com. Here's a photo my dad took of his car.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Mel Spillman

Mel Spillman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2012
    Sugar Land, Tx
    Thanks for your post and pictures. May your Dad Rest in Peace.

11. Bob in Makiki

Bob in Makiki Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 30, 2017
    Honolulu
    What a wonderful post! I am sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing these memories and photos.

12. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Unbelievable story. Talk about a life well lived. I just went through my 95-year old mother dying. I hope your father passing was peaceful.

13. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    I am very sorry you have lost your dad. Did he own all the cars in the centre of the pictures?

14. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Stunning. Thanks for sharing.

Ciao Bella

daytona355, 4thGen and TheMayor like this.
  15. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    You have to truly admire someone for having such passion and being able to act on it.

So sorry for your loss but thank you for the wonderful post.

16. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    RIP. I'd be willing to bet he enjoyed his years far more than most enjoy theirs.

daytona355, LARRYH and 4thGen like this.
  17. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    Your father's tastes were exceptional! Condolences from Orlando. There is one photo that another poster mentioned, in the middle of the group of 250 SWBs, of a open, prototype racer and a GTO. These two cars I've associated with Walter Medlin, formerly of Kissimmee, FL. Does that name ring any bells? Thank you for taking the time to scan and post these photos!

daytona355 and Texas Forever like this.
  18. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    My Condolence to you and your Family.
    Dude, Your dad is a STUD!!!!!!
    I bet he is your Hero!
    What A Collection.

daytona355, Texas Forever and 4thGen like this.
  19. schwoo

schwoo Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Marquette
    Thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed the photos. Wishing you all the best.

20. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Sorry for your loss, your father was a great fan! Did he own some of the cars?
    Wow, what a great post for a new member. It will be tough to top in the future. Thank you for sharing the photos. Do you have any story for any of the photos?:)

daytona355 likes this.
  21. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Where does one start?

Welcome to FCHAT.

Prayers for your Father's passing, I'm sure he will be sorely missed. From the picture, he looked like a solid guy. My condolences.

Tell us more about your Father and your self.

Enjoy the site, lots of great people here.

daytona355, 4thGen and ag512bbi like this.
  22. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Condolences. Your dad was awesome, and you're an awesome son. Thanks for sharing in what has to be a difficult time.

This has to be one of the greatest first threads in f-chat history.

23. Bisonte

Bisonte F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2007
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Sorry to hear about your father, and thank you for sharing these images. Hang in there.

daytona355 likes this.
  24. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Just wow. Thanks for sharing. The important things are your memories and experiences with your dad. I’m sure he’ll be back with you from time to ime when you are near the things you shared and enjoyed.

Robb

daytona355 likes this.
  25. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Condolences. Thank you for sharing.
    These pix must have been taken between 1966 and later at various locations.
    Names that come to my mind are Otto Bowden, Lawrence Lee Kitt Tucker, Walter Medlin, Preston Henn, all in FL, and Hisashi Okada in NY.

Marcel Massini