Steve Mcqueen brown lusso paint code | FerrariChat

Steve Mcqueen brown lusso paint code

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by 32cyclone, May 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 32cyclone

32cyclone Rookie

May 16, 2019
    Hello, Im looking for the paint code, Havent been able to find much info on it looking around on the net, theres plenty of talk about the car and color but nothing I can find on what the actual color is,maybe somebody has duplicated it and has some info. Thanks for any help

2. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
  3. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    4891 GT:
    Original exterior color: Marrone 19378 Italver (Chestnut Metallic).

Marcel Massini

375+ likes this.
  4. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Might also be worth noting that according to M.R. (the restorer of the car), the current color on the car is not based on OE (Italver) or any readily available modern formula.
    It is a custom color-match he created/mixed to as close resemblance to original as possible.
    This is fairly common approach when attempting to recreate 50+ year old uncommon, especially metallic colors, since chemicals and/or materials (metallics, tints, etc) used back then don’t necessarily have exact equivalents available in modern paint formulations.

JCR and 635CSI like this.
  5. 4redude

4redude Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2005
    Fungus Corner
    Full Name:
    Brian Keegan
    M.R. also told me he custom mixed the color during one of the many conversations we had while I was selling parts for the restoration.