Influencer Invasion in Austin June 7 and 8? | FerrariChat

Influencer Invasion in Austin June 7 and 8?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by CuernavacaMexico, May 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
  2. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    A YouTube influencer event with zero real influencers attending?

Texas Forever likes this.
  3. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Influencer Influenza!

Texas Forever likes this.
  4. He doesn't want to get the "crazy" people that have YouTube channels that do dangerous things. Go to the website and check out what is going on. He did list some of the people that are going to attend and what cars.

5. Go to the site and watch the short YouTube video to see what the event is about and then check out the list of some of the people that are going to be there.

6. He is just starting out his YouTube channel but is also trying to keep the "insane" people that we see on so many other YouTubers doing stupid things. What does it hurt to look at the video that he has on that site and see whom is currently coming.

7. I was told that if you want more information about the event that you should contact Dan Hulbert at [email protected].

8. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    And you’re promoting this why?

9. I am not "promoting" it. I am asking if anyone is going to it. If it is something they haven't heard about, maybe they would be interested in going to it. I am considering flying up for it if enough people I know go to it.

10. Okay - I am now officially going. I would love to meet you at the event if you can make it.

11. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    I'll just put this video right here and help add to the 1.1M plus views - .

It's hard to get excited about an "influencer" that acts like a duche (loitering at a gas station/needlessly revving his engine in the parking lot) , breaks laws (not having a front plate - I get that one..., and not stopping where he should as required by law) and is then incensed that a officer of the law would have the audacity to stop and ticket him for breaking said traffic laws. The officer was nothing more than professional and courteous in the video and the "influencer" has the balls to call him an ******* in the video. Was he a bit more zealous about enforcing the law than he probably should have been? Maybe, but the law is still the law and the "influencer" broke it. So, given what is seen in the video, perhaps the "*******" tag should be applied to the "influencer" and not the officer. Sorry, but I have little patience for the BS, narcissistic behavior shown here. It does nothing to engender the public to people who own these cars when we're perceived as being "one of those guys...".

OK, rant off. ;)

2cam

12. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    It is never a good idea to insult someone who can kill you and the worst that can happen to them is they lose their job.

willrace likes this.