ferrari watch issues | FerrariChat

ferrari watch issues

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by ross, May 19, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    i participated in the 2009 MM tribute with my 360 CS, and as part of the package received 2 ferrari brand watches. i gave one to my father and one to my son.

my son's watch is the metal case chrono 'paddock' version with the leather strap.
    naturally, he abused the watch but now wants to rehab it and treat it better.

i have tried to contact the manufacturer but to no avail.
    apparently ferrari have switched suppliers and now has movado making the cheaper watches.
    i have spoken to several people in the ferrari brand watch section but none of been able to help me so far.

the unresolved issues i have:
    - the chrono hands are not centered correctly, so that when they are supposed to be on 12 oclock, they are off. none of the online searches resulted in a way to fix this.
    - the strap was water damaged, and i would like to replace it with the same type so that i can use the plier buckle. nobody knows where to get these.

any help from you watch experts?

2. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
  3. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
  4. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

5. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
  6. jcavalie

jcavalie Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    Oakland, CA
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I smacked my Ferrari Pit Crew (first edition version) watch and broke the band and knocked a hand off about 6 years ago and managed to get ahold of Ferraristore’s horologists for repair options. They got me in touch with Greg at http://www.magictouchjeweler.com/ in San Diego. He repaired the hand and replaced the band with an original replacement. Watch has been fine since. I’d at least contact him and see if he still does Ferrari watch repairs.

For the Swiss watch brands, I’d go direct to the Swiss brand (GP, Panerai, etc).