demo GTC4Lusso T or 2012 FF | FerrariChat

demo GTC4Lusso T or 2012 FF

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Mike Chawla, May 19, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mike Chawla

Mike Chawla Karting

Dec 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mike Chawla
    Hello all
    My 812 super is coming later this year,

But I am contemplating on selling my 2017 Panamera 4s v6 turbo

I have a chance to get demo Lusso T(1000 km) pretty brand new for about the same price as Ferrari FF 2012(actually around 10-15 percent cheaper)

I am NA guy by nature as I like the smoothness of the natural engine even when in auto mode no lag when slight kick down etc

But this is getting stuck for me as Lusso T is much nicer interior for family etc

Asking the Ferrari community to help advise me on this :))

Thanks to all kind people here in advance

2. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    If you didnt have a 812 coming, I’d say get the F12 for the V12 experience. But if your case, to me the situation is a no brainer. Get the Lusso T for practicality (also the best match to a Panamera) and enjoy the engine on the 812.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. Mike Chawla

Mike Chawla Karting

Dec 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mike Chawla
    thanks so much,for me i want to get excited when i take the kids and family out to dinner or Starbuck runs, will LussoT give me this,I am asking all Lusso T owners what is their experience about the feel the engine and the lags

Lusso T should be no brainer indeed i am just concern about the driving feel,but then FF will feel old interior as well,i am just going round and round between these two haha

thanks again for your feedback and comment

Caeruleus11 and uhn2000 like this.
  4. LeoBRK

LeoBRK Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    Lusso T similar price to 2012FF? What price point is this ?

5. Mike Chawla

Mike Chawla Karting

Dec 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mike Chawla
    in thailand we have crazy price,i will share here:

Lusso T demo car is 23 Million Baht(740,000 USD) and the 2012 FF is 18 million baht(580,000 USD)

I want to decide not just from price point of view but feeling of interior,ride and excitement when walking to the car :)

PS i know prices in Asia are crazy ,Singapore costs even more I think..

6. Mike Chawla

Mike Chawla Karting

Dec 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mike Chawla
    I have also been researching the numbers quite a bit but here is what i got from left to right Panamera GTC4lusso T and FF numbers,i do understand feeling of ride is more important hence i am asking the members here their opinion of Lusso T comparing to FF for daily use and excitement of Ferrari Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. LeoBRK

LeoBRK Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    Ok got it! Sorry didnt know you were located there, i should have know better :) Thats totally crazy nonetheless!! Good Luck, Ive been in the T never driven, but have driven FF several times and own a 575M... V12 is incredible PERIOD! Yes Lusso def. a bit more modern for sure, here in US the prices of FF (12) are so cheap about $130USD, and for that price you cant find a better car with that power AWD and 4 seats.

Mike Chawla likes this.
  8. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Go for the T, its a great package especially if you have the 812 coming in already.

Caeruleus11, 350MH83 and Mike Chawla like this.
  9. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Another thread with similar topic has first hand experience. Summary the Lusso is more advanced than the FF though some feel less raw. All the T owners felt compared to the luss012 that the T was faster (more torque) and lighter feeling without the Four Wheel drive.
    And this

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/past-six-days/2018-12-23/the-sunday-times-magazine/the-clarkson-review-ferrari-gtc4lusso-t-5qtgxtpw2?wgu=270525_54264_15583255453723_995cbe026d&wgexpiry=1566101545&utm_source=planit&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_content=22278

So for me with an FF and F12 I don’t know when I go to a Lusso whether I’ll go T or 12.

Let us know. Either way, trips with the kids will be epic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mike Chawla likes this.
  10. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    Ok. So here’s my 2c worth.

I have an FF with a very high spec interior. Carbon everywhere and semi-aniline leather. It is a 2011MY but it still smells new. The interior is to die for (although the infotainment isn’t). When we first got the car, my wife and I spent an evening sitting inside it drinking champagne and listening to music - all while the car sat in the garage!

We haven’t driven the T but we’ve sat in it and we’ve just spent 2 days driving Portofinos courtesy of Ferrari. What was clear to us is that in isolation, the Portofino entry level interiors and the turbo V8 are great. Better than 99% of the cars out there. And here’s the rub. The 1% which is better are the Ferrari V12. The turbo pickup in 1st gear is laggy (clutch programming I think) but once going, the torque of the turbo is great. However, it doesn’t rev out like the V12 and the sound is disappointing. The interior is also nowhere near as nice.

Another point is that in Asia, image and face matter (I was born and grew up in Thailand). Roads are also poor quality. Lusso T has a more modern image and softer tuned suspension.

So in conclusion, I think that you need to compare the interior spec of the FF vs the Lusso T (carbon and leather quality does make a difference). Other posters are also suggesting that if you have an 812 then you can scratch the V12 itch and be happy with a Lusso T. I would suggest quite the reverse. Every time you take the family out in the Lusso T, you’ll be wishing it had a V12 under the bonnet...

The only way to really know for yourself and your family is to drive them both. Your dealer should be more than happy to let you try them back to back.

Bundy and Mike Chawla like this.
  11. Mike Chawla

Mike Chawla Karting

Dec 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mike Chawla
    Thank you everyone so much for your help about this :)

12. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    T for me but I'm biased, either way good luck.
    A 200 mph Ferrari estate car/station wagon ?
    Who wouldn't want on of those !

Mike Chawla likes this.
  13. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    I would love to have a merge of the two, meaning FF exterior with Lusso interior. I'm okay with FF's seats, though.

Bundy and Mike Chawla like this.
  14. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    NA > turbo

Bas and Mike Chawla like this.
  15. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    FF. V12, end of argument. It's what makes the FF/Lusso so special. The V8 to me it just doesn't suit it nearly as well. I'd rather have a Panamera ST turbo H over the V8 Lusso...but V12 Lusso over just about anything.

Mike Chawla likes this.
  16. Mike Chawla

Mike Chawla Karting

Dec 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mike Chawla
    True about v 12 that’s why I have 812 coming,can I ask you why you would choose Panamera T H over Lusso? My question to Lusso T owner is I feel like I trust Ferrari turbo engine more than AmG or Porshe , in the sense of least lag ,more responsive and organic climb due to unique tongue distribution ,I am definitely going to test drive Lusso T soon to get the feel whether its acceptable ,but to be honest I am also NA guy love the smoothness of the engine but I don’t need crazy noise for neighbors sake haha thanks again for your input

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Bas likes this.
  17. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    As someone who has owned an FF and V12 Lusso, I can tell you that engine aside the Lusso feels another generation ahead in terms of refinement, gearbox smoothness, infotainment and generally functionality. Both are awesome cars.

Bas and Mike Chawla like this.
  18. Mike Chawla

Mike Chawla Karting

Dec 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mike Chawla
    this really helps, I was looking for this feedback about generation difference, thank you,now I just have to test drive the Lusso T and find out if the engine is smooth and exciting enough for me to change the Panamera for family car and i can't wait for 812 to arrive(v12 smoothness is really something I test drove for a day in Dubai really really best engine ever) ,my dealer in Thailand said in the system says preparing before going into production not long now I hope,thanks again!

deltona likes this.
  19. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Results in today !

Lusso T (and Portofino) Engine wins Engine Of The Year again (550 bhp -650 bhp category). 488 Engine wins engine of the year (650 bhp and above) Second in the most powerful bracket was the 812's V12 (which i think was last years winner).
    So you aren't going to go far wrong either way.
    I was driving both those engines on track at Fiorano a couple of weeks ago. Both amazing in different ways (hey, its not a bad life this one of ours in the Ferrari family).

Other people do make powerful engines too according to the Pistonheads website. They say notable also rans in the two most senior categories included McLaren's 4.0-litre V8, Lamborghini's V12 and the Audi R8 V10.

Who wants an "also ran"?

Forza !

Mike Chawla likes this.
  20. Mike Chawla

Mike Chawla Karting

Dec 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mike Chawla
    I am seriously considering FF over T, can I ask you how loud is FF when you start the car(cold start), I hope it's not way too loud to disturb the neighbors haha,i heard 812 before its acceptable but I saw many reviews said FF is very very loud,especially in one of Chris Harris of his own FF feedback
    thank you

21. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Lusso T vs Panamera long name, I'd have the v12 over both no question asked, but am just not a fan of the small V8 engine. Yes power is awesome, but the V12 is what makes the Lusso so special and a cut above everything else. The V8 just makes it...like it's missing something. So I'd take the panamera over it then for ease of use.

Mike Chawla likes this.
  22. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Had an FF for 3 years, my favourite Ferrari of all time! Anyhow its only very loud on startup when the engine is cold. Outside of that its ok..

Bundy, Bas and Mike Chawla like this.
  23. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    In 3 weeks I be the owner of a new LussoT and lucky (or unlucky) to be the only owner at our dealership to have ever owned the FF, CaliTHS, LussoV12, and LussoV8 so I will definitely have lots of good news to report back on. I recommend driving a T before passing on it for a Panamera.. its miles better and actually feels like a 488 with 2 extra seats. Yes I get the V12 nostalgia but maybe I am part of the new generation that cares a little less about the sound and more about the overall driving experience (which I loved about the T). To me the T felt closer to the FF in driving then the Lusso12, which lost a ton of its edge in the slow stuff when they "updated it from an FF". Will report back soon enough on the reality of this entire switch-out I made.

24. Mike Chawla

Mike Chawla Karting

Dec 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mike Chawla
    Oh wow!! I have been looking for someone like you haha who drove FF and GTC4lusso v12 and T!!
    actually i agree when in dubai i also drove the v12 Lusso and it was not even close to 812 even tho both v12,it has like body role and feeling of luxury sedan,am I right?

You are now making me confuse when you say T is similar to FF haha (in a good way ,cause i was initially leaning to T for its newness and this generation kind of feel) so now I am back to square one T or FF haha

anyways I will get to test T soon but i hope its drives(handling) like a sports car rather than panamera or luxury style kind of car.I am very impress when you say FF and T drives similar ,you must mean from handling and stiffness right?

Thanks much for the feedback and congrats in advance for your new Lusso T,when is it coming?

Bas likes this.
  25. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Don't get me wrong not putting the car down at all...I think it's amazing. Just the V12 makes it that much more special.

Mike Chawla likes this.