Ferrari Tool Kits & Accessories Picture Thread | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Tool Kits & Accessories Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Rossocorsa1, Jan 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    on that enzo kit - the torch should be in the document pouch and a tow eye hook should be in its place below the pliers

2. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

$10,000 is a huge bargain for a clean and complete tool kit for that car. Considering what that kit was compatible with, I’m sure some would likely pay six figures for it, without question.

3. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
  4. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    This was 2002/2003. Doesn't change the fact the tool kit was a POS. I can't imagine anyone actually using them.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  5. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

I'm sure they were in less that usable condition. Nobody actually uses these tools anyhow. Still, they would likely be refurbished. All extremely valuable to those looking for that standard.

6. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I understand. Tom S was all over that toolkit. The point of my story is in 2002/2003, I was beginning to look at vintage Ferraris. This car was a 250 PF coupe with some interesting history (first Ferrari ever imported into Japan). Spending $50k on an old barely running car was not something I wanted to do. At that time, I could buy (and did) buy an almost new Porsche Twin Turbo for say $65k that would run circles around this old banger. I was intrigued, however, I had some background restoring old Triumph motorcycles in the pre-Internet era. But when I learned Ferrari collectors would pay $10,000 for a crappy tool kit that's when I realized I was getting in over my head. I'm jus a po boy who likes to drive interesting cars.

I then started looking at Daytonas, and they were a buck and quarter all day long. I remember one guy in Miami had three or four at the same time. Then an old time Ferrari collector buddy of mine (outside filler cap, alloy body 275) turned me onto Maranellos, which were then falling in price like keys out of a Lear Jet. I ended up buying a 1998 for $125,000 all in. Next came a Stradale, and then a 330 GTC. However, I seriously doubt I will ever own another Ferrari again. I'm 66, and at this point in my life, I'm offloading, no more boat anchors. Time is much more important. I suspect there are more than one or two current collectors who are thinking the same way. We all start with nothing, and we all end with nothing.

tbakowsky likes this.
  7. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

We all have different chapters in our lives. I suspect that I will one day sell all my cars and simply enjoy going to shows and looking at other peoples cars.

Texas Forever likes this.
  8. Hoodude

Hoodude F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 5, 2007
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    RE
    I’ll post a GTC/4 kit in a little while.
    CheersRE

Rossocorsa1 likes this.
  9. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    I have some more detailed pictures, all the kits have just been cleaned and put away in safe storage.

10. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    So cool. Love this stuff. Thank you for contributing.

Il Tifoso likes this.
  11. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
  12. daytonaman

daytonaman Formula Junior

May 1, 2007
    Australia
    Full Name:
    howard pigdon
  13. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    That’s a perfect looking kit. Is it restored or just never used?

14. daytonaman

daytonaman Formula Junior

May 1, 2007
    Australia
    Full Name:
    howard pigdon
    hours and hours of cleaning and kept in the spare bedroom