Martin Brundle just unleashed on F1 | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Martin Brundle just unleashed on F1

Discussion in 'F1' started by Bas, May 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    Not gonna happen , everybody knows what will be make the show and racing better , all parties have different agendas and ulterior motives and unfortunately none of those motives are synergistic with good racing.

2. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    I'd love to see IndyCar in a few high profile European legacy venues..
    Spa, Silverstone, Monza....just to shake things up.:D

3. alnimmob55

alnimmob55 Rookie

May 12, 2016
    Fort Lauderdale, Fla
    Full Name:
    Albert Niels
    Totally agree. I do not even watch anymore, especially this year since Ferrari is totally out of the competition. Rather go boating...:)

Bas likes this.
  4. alnimmob55

alnimmob55 Rookie

May 12, 2016
    Fort Lauderdale, Fla
    Full Name:
    Albert Niels
    Totally agree. I do not even watch anymore, especially this year since Ferrari is totally out of the competition. Rather go boating...:)

DF1 and Tackleberry like this.
  5. yamashek

yamashek Rookie

Jun 5, 2006
    (Not joking) I wonder if Ferrari can skip the next 2-3 races and put 100% focus on developing the current car when they skip races, dedicate 100% resources in in-season development with the current two drivers immersed in the driving simulator full time to test upgrades. Because honestly, we all know what will happen in the next 2-3 races. If Ferrari is not winning, what's the point in seeing them getting embarrassed by Mercedes.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

daytona355 likes this.
  6. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Perhaps a better solution would be use the 2nd driver as covert development tester for the remaining season. Hiring Leclerc was a mistake, they should have gone with a good test (development) driver to hone the car into shape, then hired Leclerc. Should have done that 2 years ago. Mercedes did that with Michael Schumacher and it proved dividends the following year.

Simulators give nothing back imo versus actual on track data acquisition.

daytona355 likes this.
  7. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I googled your boat. Hell yeah I'd rather go boating!

For me it's not just about Ferrari...I just want to see any form of competition at this point. If Mercedes actually had to fight for their wins I'd give them a lot more credit.

stavura, daytona355 and G. Pepper like this.
  8. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Teams are contracted to race all the GPs during a season, so they cannot "skip the next 2-3 races".

375+ likes this.
  9. Beemer

Beemer Karting

Apr 5, 2016
    Punta Gorda, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rick
    F1 is boring, a follow the leader based on qualifying. Watch MOTO GP for competitive racing at speeds above F1. Real men.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

10. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Agree, plus they have the luvverly Grid Girls:D

Nortonious, DF1, stavura and 2 others like this.
  11. Zeus

Zeus Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 28, 2007
    Palm Beach
    Full Name:
    Lawrence
    For reasons stated by previous posters, I agree that IndyCar is much more exciting to watch nowadays than F1.

I think my wife is a good barometer of how many knowledgeable former F1 followers currently view the sport. She married into a racing family (including F2 and F1) and over the years attended numerous F2 and F1 races. She socialized with and still stays in touch by email and text with several of the more than 20 F1 drivers who drove our cars. But over the past 5 years her interest in watching F1 broadcasts has changed. Even after the start of Mercedes dominance, she would only watch entire races because Nico was contending and the Rosbergs are extended family, plus she dislikes Hamilton (smart lady), but for the past 2 years she has only elected to watch the start of a race to see if a car other than Mercedes is leading after the first turn, and then leaves the room. Later she asks me, with a cheshire grin, who won and who finished 2nd and 3rd. She then laughs and tells me I was a sucker to have wasted my time watching another boring F1 race. Now we watch IndyCar together. Far more exciting as most cars in the field have an equal chance for the win. And it's even fun rooting for Marcus.

12. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

Love it, your wife is a good judge by the sound of it, and hates Hamilton..... top lady, she clearly sees what a smarmy little turd he is. Does she have any insights from Nico about the bias he had to fight within Mercedes with them favouring Lewis as much as they did? I was chuffed to bits when he decided to ignore any orders and took the fight to Lewis and beat him, he was always a fast and intelligent driver, unlike Lewis who is fast but thick as pigshit, with a personality that could dry wallpaper paste at 100 feet

Nortonious and G. Pepper like this.
  13. Sig. Roma

Sig. Roma Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2007
    Bella Italia
    Full Name:
    Dom T.
    Yesterday I caught the last 3 races of the day on ITV, the British Touring Car Championship, the Formula Ford and Ginetta races. All were good, strong competition, hungry drivers and great racing. Far better than the scripted F1 of the last years.

Tackleberry and daytona355 like this.
  14. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Me too! The ginetta guys are insane!

DF1 likes this.
  15. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    And then there’s moto GP. Now that’s proper racing too...

blackbolt22, 05011994 and G. Pepper like this.
  16. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    I always enjoy a nice ~mixed-metaphor - thanks :cool:

17. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Don't tell me you don't like him!!???

fil and daytona355 like this.
  18. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    $100 says everyone here complaining about F1 will watch the next race

cairns and Nortonious like this.
  19. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    You
    owe me $100, I’ll be in hospital with no access to the coverage as I’ll likely be out of my mind on anaesthetic

Nortonious likes this.
  20. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Does a DVR viewing of the first lap, and then fast forwarding to the last lap count?

blackbolt22 likes this.
  21. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Oh no that sucks

22. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Lol, technically yeah, even that counts

23. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I'll ask Alonso if he can lend me the money...i hope he's in a good mood today!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

daytona355 likes this.
  24. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Nah. If Sid were drowning, and Ham gave him a hand, Sid would take it...and pull him in, too!

stavura, furoni and G. Pepper like this.
  25. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    And then push him under and keep him there! Can’t stand him, thick as two short planks, undeserving of records that apply to him due to the overarching influence of the machinery dominance, personality of a slap in the face with a wet fish (that’s for fer312! Since he likes my mixed metaphors!)