For All That Have F8 Deposits Submitted | Page 2 | FerrariChat

For All That Have F8 Deposits Submitted

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by racerdj, Mar 27, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Has there been an official announcement that F8 produce will exceed previous model year production by 50 percent? If you have the link please share.

2. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    My reference was production has increased significantly since the 458 was produced, which is almost 5 years ago. Back then production was around 7,000 cars/year, now it's close to 10K/year.

3. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    A good number of exotic car franchised dealers do not take a trade in. It has to be consigned. If they pay for the trade then it is going to be wholesaled out.

It would be interesting if people posted their ferrari dealer and whether they consigned or traded in the car and which car it was and which one they replaced it with.

MANDALAY likes this.
  4. cjpatel

cjpatel Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2012
    NYC
    Looking into getting a deposit on one. Whats everyone's MSRP coming out to be?

5. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Or we could use your ‘Full Name’ and take it from there......

of2worlds likes this.
  6. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    I think you probably would be able to figure out what I meant by that.

Not every car will get bought by a dealer. Maybe only if you are going to trade it in and for certain type of cars. (they might not take a superfast as a trade in for a 488 as an example).

Anyway's a lot of it depends on dealer flooring. Dealers that are part of a bigger company will have bigger lines of credit to buy cars from customers whereas most would not.

of2worlds and jm2 like this.
  7. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    When I did the configuration I was advised that the accurate price delta was not available. Upon showing them the 270 thousand U.S plus change MSRP base rumor sheet that was circulating here,I was told it would be higher than that. If anyone in the U.S has ordered,would be nice if you share the starting MSRP.

8. bml71

bml71 Karting

Mar 2, 2019
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bradd Lewis
    As yet there is no final pricing available. My dealer said it will be later calendar year when production commences so it is likely after the summer break when configuring and pricing starts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Art138 likes this.
  9. Drson

Drson Karting

Mar 18, 2018
    Southeast
    Full Name:
    John Galt
    According to my dealer the base price for the F8 is $275,280 which includes Gas Guzzler and transportation
    You can also get a detailed option/price list from your dealer....I just went to my dealer recently and went through the build process....

10. JimPVB

JimPVB Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    Florida
    Ferrari can adjust pricing prior to delivery. I've been told these early numbers are there as a starting point. They may all remain accurate, or some may change prior to delivery, so I'd only use the current numbers as an estimate of the actual cost when deciding on the financials. Personally, given the history I've experienced, you can expect the numbers to be close, but should also expect that some may be higher (I've never had actual numbers that were lower on delivery). I'm only referring to a US purchase, but I assume the same everywhere (unless some law prohibits these increases).

Jim

11. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    In France given the long time before expected delivery Ferrari reserves the right to apply some increase (which is contractually set at a rather high level), but typically (and hopefully it will still be the case) there is no significant increase.

JimPVB likes this.
  12. JimPVB

JimPVB Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    Florida
    I suspect that most increases, when they occur, are likely do to currency changes during the period of time between order and delivery, but regardless of cause, they're not usually significant based on my experience.

Jim

PJxxx likes this.
  13. Sal polletta

Sal polletta Rookie

Jul 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Sal polletta
    I gave a f458 2013 great car did not
    Buy from Montreal dealer but tried
    To order a new car and they refused.because I did not my car there .

I think this is there practice of the dealer here not Ferrari policy .
    Very disappointed with there comments

14. F50gta

F50gta Rookie

Jul 8, 2008
    Orono, MN
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Well said

15. PJxxx

PJxxx Karting

Sep 14, 2017
    Full Name:
    PJ Cusano
    Maybe with the expected strengthening of the dollar, the prices will come down in US market...never mind

JimPVB likes this.
  16. JimPVB

JimPVB Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    Florida

These price changes always seem to be in one direction for some reason.;)

Jim

17. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Not over here the 488GTB came in cheaper than the 458 Italia :)

You guys buy cars so cheap that most likely don't have any buffer , hence why the go up after an 18 month wait.

Obviously ours do have a good amount of buffer . I waited 18 months and when I signed I asked could there be a price increase and was told no

JimPVB likes this.