Fuel Pipe for the Mondial T | FerrariChat

Fuel Pipe for the Mondial T

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by stekkefun4, May 20, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    Hey,

I've got the same issue with one of my cars that everyone has who ownes a Mondial T or 348, namely a cracked blue head of the fuel pipe that runs from the flute to the pressure adjuster, part nr 149812

Now, I was wondering why these heads are made in aluminum, because the issue is caused by the material choice of the flexible's heads. And when you buy these new (if you find them), these are also made in that same blue painted aluminum. These heads have a small hole to cope with pressure, but they still crack.

Both the flute and the pressure adjuster it connects to are in steel, so why do the heads of the intermediate flexible have to be in aluminum?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    Here's a picture of the cracked head on my Mondial T. You can see a fine crack that starts from the little hole in the head. They all have it, either horizontally or vertically.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    I recall replacing 2 of mine for around $750 each, which I thought was ridiculous.

4. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    I would say if it were iron metal it would not be a problem other the weight.. I guess the fuel pipe on the head is iron metal? if so, I think at the time it was cheaper or more easy to do them in aluminum.

5. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Goodridge in the Uk should be able to make you these up- you can use plated steel ones, cannot see why you need alloy. Avoid stainless as has a habit of seizing on.