430 - F430 ownership experience, is it worth buying? | FerrariChat

430 F430 ownership experience, is it worth buying?

Discussion in '360/430' started by rohan20, May 19, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rohan20

rohan20 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 13, 2016
    London
  2. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    a complete blast. oem headers crack. you will find everything and more 10 times over is you search

3. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    One thing for sure , it will go for a lot more than 30000. Probably needs new tyres

4. My AZFerrari

My AZFerrari Karting

Sep 16, 2018
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Sean Thompson
    I’ve owned a F430 since September, outstanding in every way!! This price seems so low that I’d be worried though.

F430

5. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    I just purchased an '07 F430 Spider had ~19Kmiles on it when I bought and a 99% perfect PPI (I had to re-weld one of rear taillights that was rattling...a common problem for the bracket to break loose). Car now has 20,100 miles an has been issue free. I drive it every week, and its simply an awesome car. Paid $107,000.

Jamie traina and realflight like this.
  6. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I have 41k miles on my 2007. Seems like an excellent car

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

7. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    No regrets, always puts a smile on my face....

8. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    3350 miles is way too low for any sort of sensible use - if you are in London ask Voicey to find you a proper one having read his website advice

9. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    good cars.... pretty trouble free... good looks, good performance... you cant go wrong with what they are selling for ...

10. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    I would think it would fetch at least £80000, so a 30k bid is a bit odd

11. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    430s are great cars. fast enough, and more fun than lots of modern supercars. But somehow I am not sure the OP cares. Why?

I've never heard of this auction house before. It turns out it was launched earlier this year and has an endorsement from Chris Harris. But still very low profile. That would would explain the low number of bidders. The site looks a bit odd also. Why are the team hiding their faces in the photo on their website? Why would someone consign such a low miles car to them and not one of the well known houses? (Why do they only have three stories in their content section online, one of which is about Morris Minors?)

Their registered address is at an accountant's office in Bristol, and their trading address on the site is a WeWork office in west London. Would you send money via ShieldPay (the only way you can pay) to people with no physical office or presence, and no names or faces on their site? I wouldn't.

The OP has two posts to his name. Both are promoting different cars at a collectingcars auction. (The other is this one https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/my-550-has-been-written-off.598891/page-3#post-146615186)

OP, it may be that the only time you have been inspired to post on Fchat is when spotting these two cars, coincidentally on the same site. But I think you work for Collecting Cars and I think your crew need to increase their marketing budget a tad to get more professional exposure. And I wouldn't touch any of their offerings until they come out with a proper website and a physical address. I wonder if this 430 really is even for sale.

12. efg2014

efg2014 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    Northern California
    Any car needs to be marketed. Simply putting it on a web site and hoping a bidding war starts is unrealistic. Keep in mind this site also tried its hands at auctioning cars and it didn't go well.

13. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    current bid.
    I don't have any experience with this site but on ebay, prices don't reflect the true final price till the last 60 seconds.

VAF84 likes this.
  14. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    great car. i put 5500 miles on mine. i have a 458 now and still think about my F430 often. that exhaust note is so perfect...

15. 911-AL

911-AL Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Call me Al!
    Nothing but amazing things to say about my F430 ownership as long as you do the maintenance. Better yet, buy one with it all done in advance. Save yourself the hassle and downtime of fixing the OEM exhaust manifolds and really do your diligence on remaining clutch life. It's a $10-$14k service at dealers these days so finding a car with a new clutch is key.

I just replaced my clutch ahead of listing if for sale so the next buyer would get that peace of mind. I've owned mine for nearly 3 years so it's time for me to pony up another $75k for a 458!

dr_rob and VAF84 like this.
  16. _JERRY_

_JERRY_ Karting

Feb 1, 2016
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jerry Ng
    It’s a very nice drive. I use it personally as my DD. Only two main issues over the span of 4 years. A hole in the exhaust manifold and a clutch change.
    That being said , I’m in the process of switching to the 458. U might like to consider that , it’s the last NA non hybrid non turbocharged non electric raw petrol guzzler.
    Ultimately , your experience will vary depending on the way you drive it.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

17. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I waffled a bit before buying my 430, and missed out on a great example by doing so.

But once I did buy one, it quickly became my daily driver and still is.

So take that for what you will.

18. Flyingbrick242

Flyingbrick242 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2017
    Northern AZ.
    It’s one of the few cars that puts a smile on your face on the road or simply admiring in the garage.

19. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Interesting to read all these insights. Though the OP doesn’t exist, in terms of the question - he is not considering buying a 430 at all. He works for the auction house selling the car he highlighted. Still, a good starter for a conversation about 430s.

20. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    You can't go wrong wih a F430. The first really modern and reliable Ferrari. And good looking too :)

Dicecal likes this.