Pista for sale...$577,000 | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Pista for sale...$577,000

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 09Scuderia, May 10, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    $577k for a Pista? By the end of this month you will likely be able to order a 1000hp hybrid with a Pista engine and a facelifted body for not that much more money

willcrook and LVP488 like this.
  2. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    if you can get an order....and you are willing to wait for what, 2 years? ....and then maybe :)

Shadowfax and SoCal to az like this.
  3. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Big brother and a Pista are just two completely different cars. You really can’t compare the two.

Yes BB will have higher performance but it will be a regular production car- readily accessible relatively speaking. Try getting a Pista allocation right now. Impossible.

4. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Try getting a Speciale allocation right now - also impossible. So why pay $150K more for a Pista? I don't see the rationale. People having the money do what they like with it, though - it does not have to make sense.

F12JAJ and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  5. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Im not saying to pay 150k more for a Pista. What Im saying is that getting allocations of Big Brother will be easier than getting allocations of a limited run car such as a Pista because Big Brother is regular production. But if push came to shove and I had 577k to spend, I would not spend it on a Pista, Id get something else. Not sure if its big brother but it wouldn't be a pista at that mark up. And before you think Im bashing Pista, my Pista order was just submitted and accepted by the facotry- Im at Status 00

of2worlds likes this.
  6. Rrr1

Rrr1 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2018
    Full Name:
    Rrr1
    Heard from the GM at my FD that the pista is the last special edition v8 Ferrari will make. Who knows if he’s right but it’ll be interesting to see this 1000hp monster coming our way.

7. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    If this is true- and thats a big if - depreciation will be minimal to zero on the Pista.

Makes sense cause in 2-3 years all Ferraris will have to be hybrid so an F8 "Pista" is unlikely due to emissions issues.

09Scuderia likes this.
  8. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Disregard - misread the post

9. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Why? Bc of the BB?

10. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    With all the new models coming out I firmly believe that this wont be the case. I can see a last hurray on a special F8

11. Rrr1

Rrr1 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2018
    Full Name:
    Rrr1
    I honestly don’t know why - I think it’s just the move to hybrid motor setups.

12. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
  13. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I’ve owned a Tesla for 5 years. My wife took it from
    Me and it’s her daily driver. While a great and competent people mover- it’s an appliance- crappy build quality, piss poor design, awful company. This is from someone who owns an S and used to own an X.

I couldn’t sell that model x fast enough.

sampelligrino and Viperjoe like this.
  14. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Can’t agree.

Second S and never a day out of service. Brilliant tech.
    Poor luxury.
    Love the genius.

15. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Strange statement from someone whose every post is about the crappy quality of sound of every car. :)

wrs, Gh21631, Rrr1 and 2 others like this.
  16. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    I don't doubt that Tesla produced the occasional turd car...every car maker does. I am not enamored with the Tesla design...I am with their tech. Tesla will have full autonomy this year,..like in 90 days. Cars that fully drive themselves. Get past your wanting to hear the car and 'passion' etc. Realize the implications of what they have done...watch this..ff to the actual presentation

Every car maker is trying to come out with an EV. Look at their products. They are trying to take a car designed around a gas engine and adapt it to EV or plugin. And their products reflect those half measures. Add to this the fact that Tesla is years ahead in the Autonomy game. When you read about the new MB EV or Audi EV...they have solutions that are 5-6 years where Tesla was in 2012 AND they don't have the Autonomy.

6 months ago I would have had a mindset that Tesla was a liberal virtual signaling show of wealth....now, I know what they are doing. I am blown away.

Enzo would be as well.

Watch the video above.

99% of the time my driving is not fun. Mundane BS here to there. If Tesla can makes that easier, safer for me and my family...they get my money. Every time. What do you lose with EVs and Hybrids? Lots, history..racing pedigree..exhaust tones (going away regardless)....engagement with the vehicle. Yes, you lose all of those things. What do you get?

Gas cars become hobby cars. The vinyl records in the digital world. We are selling our (beloved) 2018 Black Label Nav and getting a Model X (with Lud mode..of course). We are also playing with the idea of ordering a Tesla Roadster....and having a Ferrari F40 in the barn for the sake of the times when we want to reminisce.

17. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Yeah could never quite figure that one out myself either. Seems Tesla owners are connoisseurs when it comes to sound :rolleyes::rolleyes: . I'm just not quite sure where the qualification comes from. Maybe a cornflakes packet.

18. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

I’m not a sound nazi where I’m complaining about the sound of the 488 or Pista. I think those cars sound great.

I’m also not anti Tesla but their build quality is horrible. 110k plus for my model s 5 years ago and a 40k Toyota has a better interior.

My model x was an utter piece of crap. Tesla bought it back from me it was so bad.

I’m not anti EV as we just ordered a Audi etron for my wife. Such a well build and luxurious car at less cost than a model x.

Autonomous driving is the future but I don’t believe anything Tesla claims. It’s still 5 years away from crossing all hurdles and government regulations. When it does, I’ll get an autonomous vehicle.

Tesla is ahead but everyone will catch up by the time it’s legal.

sampelligrino and Ash Patel like this.
  19. Rrr1

Rrr1 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2018
    Full Name:
    Rrr1
  20. MuratC

MuratC Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2014
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Viperjoe likes this.
  21. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Viperjoe likes this.
  22. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    there shld be an algorithm that prevents people with terrible taste to do things like that

MuratC, 09Scuderia and Viperjoe like this.
  23. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    #149 dustman, May 21, 2019
    Last edited: May 21, 2019
    No, I’m consistent in comments on Tesla as a DD. Let’s not make stories up :)
    And 458, lambo, f12 sound brilliant.
    Surprisingly the 600lt I was in last night sounded good.

You say you are not anti Tesla but declared horrible company. Not sure why so much hate, as an owner or burned by their stock or hate the man?

I can see a day when Tesla is bankrupt and Musk is in jail though!

Silberpfeil likes this.
  24. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    Because dealer employees that order cars to flip on the open market aren't the ones buying them, just look at the lack of exterior carbon too.

Has the full VIN posted, as mentioned Ferrari can't do anything. A dealer can sell cars in the USA to whoever it wants, so long as they don't actively seek customers outside of their territory.

The solution, use a dealer mule as we see here.

of2worlds likes this.